Glen Kamara linked With £10 million Move

I like what Kamara brings to the team but 10mil would seriously get us some excellent players in.
Food for thought.

Heavy interest from Dynamo Moscow and Dynamo Kiew with further interest in England for £10 million apparently I think we should cash in on him that money could buy us a better DM and maybe another creative midfielder.

https://www.90min.com/posts/Rangers...e-host-of-premier-league-clubs?utm_source=RSS

Exclusive - Eastern European outfits Dynamo Kiev and Dinamo Moscow are both lining up bids for Rangers midfielder Glen Kamara this summer, joining a host of Premier League clubs in the race for the 24-year-old.

Kamara joined the Scottish giants from Dundee for a mere £50,000 fee in January 2019; evolving into a prominent member of Steven Gerrard's starting XI at Ibrox in a defensive midfield role.

Kamara has shone under the guidance of Steven Gerrard at Ibrox | Ian MacNicol/Getty Images
The former Arsenal academy student appeared 19 times in the Scottish Premiership for the Gers last time out and has completed 90 minutes in their two opening games of the 2020/21 league campaign thus far.

His impressive consistency, however, means the Finnish star has evolved into a man in demand this summer.

Sources have indicated to 90min that Ukrainian side Dynamo Kiev and Russian outfit Dinamo Moscow are ready to pay up to £10m to secure Kamara's signature, and although Rangers do not want to lose the 24-year-old, they're also not in a position to turn down a substantial bid for his services.

The two eastern European sides aren't the only clubs with a recognised interest in the Gers midfielders, though, he's also garnered plenty of interest from the Premier League and a return to England certainly isn't off the table.

Chris Wilder's Sheffield United are one of the many Premier League clubs interested in Kamara | PETER POWELL/Getty Images
Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, Everton, Newcastle and Southampton are all believed to have expressed an interest, along with Championship duo Norwich and Brentford.

Nevertheless, Kamara - who's break out campaign also caught the eye of French giants Marseille - revealed back in January that he wasn't prepared to let the speculation over his future affect his career.

"The manager hasn’t spoken to me about the speculation at all," he said. "It has been a big turnaround when I think back 12 months. I’m just pleased to be here and want to keep working hard.

Kamara will represent Finland at next summer's European Championships | James Williamson - AMA/Getty Images
"Coming up to Scotland was definitely one of my best decisions. It was to get game-time under my belt in men’s football and it has worked out well."

Kamara is set to play a key role in Finland's bow at the European Championships next summer, although it remains to be seen whether he'll still be a Rangers player by the time the tournament rolls around.
Jeez, if there’s as many clubs interested as suggested in the article we could START the bidding at £10m.

He’s a good player, but I would happily trade him for a goal scoring midfielder. Our scoring return from midfield is dire & Kamara contributes to that poor return

I like Kamara but id be willing to let him go before most other first team players tbh. As long as we were to strengthen in midfield.

Interesting thread, I would be tempted to keep him for another season, there is no doubting his quality and ability. I understand the £50k - 10 million gap but when you are trying to sustain a charge to win [at all costs] the league, we need players of this calibre.
Not counting our chickens by any stretch, if we had the season we all crave and [GK] played an integral part, surely, we could squeeze another few quid for him?

Kamara massively under rated would be a bigger loss in Europe than most people think.

But would take 15m Ish for him he is an international who can play at a top level we need to stop undervaluing our players.
Strolled both internationals for Finland Vs Italy, he will definitely be on the radar of Italian scouts

I don't understand how folk think sometimes. If we sell Kamara for £10 million, don't think we'll get that btw, then he becomes a £10 million player. So folk are wanting sell and replace him with a player or players of a lesser value and expect them to be better. How does that work?

I think Kamara is a far better player than he is given credit for on here. £10m seems a fair enough price and a massive return on a £50k outlay. Although we need to strengthen that area of the park not weaken it.
I dont - hes the one midfielder I always get nervous about, likes to doddle on the ball to much and want too much time, anything above 5 mil and I would sell, 10 mil I would organise boli bolingoli to take him to russia for us....

I like him but selling for that price would be a no brainer given he’s unlikely to be a first team pick in most domestic games once our transfer business is done.

Smells of Hollicom Bolingoli deflection but l may be a tad cynical.

tenor.gif

Crazy 5 mill for essentially an international midfielder.

Some might not like it but the way we play with the full backs fwd jack and kamara are the cover for them. And essential to the balance of the team.

10 mill is brilliant money considering we got him for 50k.

But I'd rather we kept him for now at least

Mate I would be delighted with £10m just can't see us getting anywhere near that and that £5m would defo get us round the table to negotiations.

Ideally I would like to keep him I thought in the league Cup final at Hampden and the game at piggery he was fantastic not only on the ball but off it in the way he shut Frimpong out the game anytime he got 10 yards into our half.

I honestly don't think we get £10m simply because he doesn't score goals.

I’m honestly not in any hurry to get rid of Kamara

He’s the type if player that never really gets the credit they deserve for all they bring to a side until they’ve either been with a club for years, or have left.

Of course, every player has their price, but it really depends on who we can replace him with or who we’d use the money to secure.

Still, nice problems to have and another indication that King, TTBs, the current board and Gerrard have definitely moved us right back on track after several years of wasted time.

Very good player but for £10m I’m selling. Would rather he went to England, mind you. More chance of us getting more cash from a sell-on.

I haven’t read the thread but I can imagine people will say how he is never a £10m player etc. He has been part of a team that regularly puts in top European performances vs good teams, has bossed the mentally challengeds in multiple games & shown up very well in International games, including a man of the match performance vs Italy.

Why would he not be worth £10m?

Big part of a team that’s negotiated 4 qualifying rounds and impressed in the Europa League for two seasons in a row and standout for helping a country like Finland qualify for the Euros.

I think the drop down to the lower leagues and financial transfer market movement since 2012 has completely bypassed 90% of the posters on here.

Ideally he stays and it’s Jack who goes. However, as Kamara is the better of the two and less injury prone and younger, he’s likely to attract far more Interested parties

To put it in perspective, that would be our record sale. An amazing return on a £50k investment. He's a really tidy player but can be bullied a fair bit too.

So underrated and underappreciated by so many of our fans.

We must keep him for this season. Then if we wish to cash in, we do so AFTER the Euros.

A midfielder with a league winners medal and a good campaign at the Euros sees that valuation rise

At the risk of being mauled for "talking our players down" and all that pish, I'd be staggered if we got that amount for Kamara.

Oh, Aribo is by far the best at the club.

I'm referring to the sitting CM position that Kamara, Jack and Davis play. We would be selling the one that's been playing at the best level.
Agree that of the 3 he has been the best. I reaĺly like Jack though he has still a couple of gears to go up this season. Love wee Davis but but but age might be catching up on him.

If Kamara hit a couple of screamers and found the confidence to shoot then we would have a player worth mega money.

I like him but he’s not suited to the park the bus we play against in Scotland,

Great in big games and In Europe but replaceable.

For Kamara?

Come on. Very good player but more than £10m is crazy talk.

I think, realistically, anything between 7m and 10m, we gotta take it. That would be an incredible return. I like him, and he's more often than not been good for us, but I think we could reinvest more crucial positions of need.

I don't understand how folk think sometimes. If we sell Kamara for £10 million, don't think we'll get that btw, then he becomes a £10 million player. So folk are wanting sell and replace him with a player or players of a lesser value and expect them to be better. How does that work?

Because sometimes clubs value players incorrectly or differently. Morelos cost less than Herrera a couple of summers ago, it's not an exact science. Much also depends on a players contract situation. A player going into his last year may be sold for £5million when if he were under contract for 3 years would be worth 10.

I think those teams said to be offering circa 10. mil for Kamara suspect that he would be an even more effective player playing in a different kind of league than the SPL.

They sense that there is much more to his game from a technical perspective than the rough and tumble nature of Scottish football allows him to demonstrate, and are willing to gamble that playing in a different football culture, Kamara's value would increase well beyond the 10 mil. they are supposedly willing to pay Rangers for his services.

I like kamara and I feel he should be part of the midfield going forward. Despite the amount of profit we would make on him, I think we’d struggle to replace him with a similar quality player for even half the amount in that article.

Have 90mins.com ever had any transfers correct? Genuine question.

The article basically just lists all the clubs that clickbait -media have ever wrote to have had interest in Kamara + those two Dynamos "sources have indicated"...

Back