Thoughts on tonight

TerrySilverLoyal

An impressive 3 points game killed stone dead after half time. Another clean sheet. Job done

Firstly. John Mclaughlin. When he first joined I said he reminded me of Neil Alexander in that a steady pair of hands to deputise. As much as Neil was a great keeper now I think I am doing him a disservice. Looks a right good keeper. Switched on alert 2-3 right good saves when called upon looks so comfortable. A number 1 standard

2) Helander. Impressed when he came on reading of the game great couple of great blocks and interceptions. The defence this year is looking far stronger as a unit which is great to see. 4 really strong centre halves at our immediate disposal.

3) if we are worried about bids for players Borna is right up there at the top of the list. That free kick was world class and the assist was top drawer. A huge asset for us. Against stuffy defences. One moment of magic.

4 Kamara. He looked every bit a 10m player for me tonight in that first half especially looked to try make things happen covering ground useful on the ball. Wouldn't be in a massive rush to cash in. Although he shits himself in the final 3rd generally that's not his game so it could be a case who's in to replace Jack...

Roofe as expected looked a tad rusty but then you started to see glimpses of what he will be about. Can't wait to see him and Itten once both up to speed.

One minor criticism? Too many subs at once killing momentum once the game was buried. But if that's all there is to moan about I'm a happy man.

On to the next one!

An impressive 3 points game killed stone dead after half time. Another clean sheet. Job done

Firstly. John Mclaughlin. When he first joined I said he reminded me of Neil Alexander in that a steady pair of hands to deputise. As much as Neil was a great keeper now I think I am doing him a disservice. Looks a right good keeper. Switched on alert 2-3 right good saves when called upon looks so comfortable. A number 1 standard

2) Helander. Impressed when he came on reading of the game great couple of great blocks and interceptions. The defence this year is looking far stronger as a unit which is great to see. 4 really strong centre halves at our immediate disposal.

3) if we are worried about bids for players Norma is right up there at the top of the list. That free kick was world class and the assist was top drawer. A huge asset for us. Against stuffy defences. One moment of magic.

4 Kamara. He looked every bit a 10m player for me tonight in that first half especially looked to try make things happen covering ground useful on the ball. Wouldn't be in a massive rush to cash in. Although he shifted himself in the final 3rd generally that's not his game so it could be a case who's in to replace Jack...

Roofe as expected looked a tad rusty but then you started to see glimpses of what he will be about. Can't wait to see him and Itten once both up to speed.

One minor criticism? Too many subs at once killing momentum once the game was buried. But if that's all there is to moan about I'm a happy man.

On to the next one!
Who's Norma

3) if we are worried about bids for players Norma is right up there at the top of the list. That free kick was world class and the assist was top drawer. A huge asset for us. Against stuffy defences. One moment of magic.

4 Kamara. He looked every bit a 10m player for me tonight in that first half especially looked to try make things happen covering ground useful on the ball. Wouldn't be in a massive rush to cash in. Although he shits himself in the final 3rd generally that's not his game so it could be a case who's in to replace Jack...

On to the next one!
Who's Norma?

I feel a bit sorry for the subs coming on when the game is dead we do seem to take the foot off, mind you in all my 58 years we have done that.

Thought we were pretty poor tonight but if we can play like we're in 2nd gear for most of the game and come away with a 3-0 win then I'm happy.

a bit tepid to be honest but would have took a 3-0 anytime, 3points and a clean sheet will do anytime, need to up the tempo though and get right in about teams

3 more goals, 3 more points, 3 clean sheets.

8b347ef3da6e5e882354cff2aba90c7b--still-game-the-festival.jpg

Feel sorry for big Itten games been dead anytime he comes on.

Think that last 30 mins showed we need another midfielder who will drive us forward and not play side and back passes, I know the games finished but do the players not realise some of us have -3 on ffs

Decent and of course a comfortable 3-0 win, but not great, and a lot of room for improvement.

First 15 was shite, and the substitutions second half certainly changed things for the worse. Instead of going on to add another goal or two which I expected, St Johnstone actually came a little more into things.

Anyway, 3 points, 3 goals and a clean sheet. Happy enough :)

Don’t think brining 4 subs on with 30 minutes to go is a sensible move. Although doubtful the result would be different, one injury and you’ll be putting unnecessary pressure on the players left on the field.

Mclaughlin looks a very able deputy, and can feel aggrieved if McGregor comes straight back in. A good conundrum to be in with regard to the keeper position.

We have some excellent centre halves. Each with their own individual attributes that mesh with their partner.

Borna is outstanding. We need to keep him for this season, we couldn’t replace him cheaply.

Although the game died a death after the 4 subs, Itten and Roofe showed some nice moments to show they’ll be good players for us. Itten especially looks a big strong lad.

Not sure it’s the subs that are killing the games. Seems to be a tactic, we were happy to just pass it about the defence and not exert ourselves
I agree and the result was good, but after the subs we were awful, slow side to side, backwards and a great save stopped them for scoring, and the galling thing is we are so superior to these teams I would just like us to go for the jugular a bit more.

Bring on the next game, new players getting a run out messed the game up a little but being able to do when coasting is great for the squad.
Have to start better on Sunday.

The 4 subs killed the game but important game time for the players coming on , keep putting points on the board that’s all we need to do anything else is a bonus

I agree with OP. Liked the look of Itten too when he came on, held the ball up well, showed some nice touches and worked hard. I'm a big fan of Hagi but feel he's forcing things a bit just now. Aribo really impressed me again incredible one on one and playing in tight areas.

3) if we are worried about bids for players Borna is right up there at the top of the list. That free kick was world class and the assist was top drawer. A huge asset for us. Against stuffy defences. One moment of magic.

On to the next one!

2 assists and a goal for Tavisic too.

So Roofe was on the pitch for 30 mins when the game was over and Itten has now had 45 mins over two games both of which were over when he came on. Have a night off FF’s take your negativity and some it.
Come on, we're talking here about replacements for Morelos here, mother of then are that.

Negative, I'm probably one of the most positive bordering on niaeve

Another game another 90 mins in the legs
All new players are bedding in and we still haven’t conceded
We need to be e ruthless in front of goal and we’re still missing something in midfield but we’re improving.
I thought St Mirren wasn’t great, tonight we moved the ball far better and quicker and looked more dangerous.
Only slight concern for me is Tav, he doesn’t seem the Same marauding full back

On to the next one!
I see that as a positive. It upsets the opposition. Plus, as you say you got to see Roofe.

A slow start got the break with an absolute stunner of a free kick never really looked back and never looked in danger of dropping points.

Good result.

Still big concerns on the fluidity, tempo and cohesion coming from the midfield.

Don't care what anyone says, it is an area which needs addressing.

I wouldnt say big concerns, but i definetly agree. Id like somone in there who can drive us on and make sure we keep a high tempo.

Three routine comfortable wins with clean sheets and we havent even got out of 2nd gear yet. Players still getting up to speed.

Positives for me tonight was when we made subs the quality didnt drop. Squad depth much better. Add another couple quality signings and we will be in a good place.

Back