Football fans to return to stadiums next month

Johnny Yen

Widely reported this morning, test events to happen in coming weeks, fans to be allowed in when English season starts on Sept 12, full rollout expected for October.

Even if we have limited numbers it’s a good start to get people back through the turnstiles.

As said above, it won’t be implemented in Scotland for months yet unfortunately.

I think with schools going back and society in general.. That numbers will be going up in coming weeks and that any decent amount of numbers allowed in to a game wont happen ( testing only worth if it's like 20000/30000 at Ibrox ) and it won't be anything like that.. Might be ok at small grounds

Jason leitch, health guy for Scottish government, was on clyde the other night saying test events by end August, with limited attendance starting Sept 14th

There are no facts about when fans are returning. No-one knows for sure.
We were told Oct at the earliest that's a fact! Given the outbreak in Aberdeen, and there will be a 2nd wave you can guarantee that, there will be no fans till next year. Hospitality at best.

If all goes well down South, she can’t possibly say no to fans in stadiums, she basically follows suit with directives from down South, just with her own slant on it.

Not necessarily true. Gyms in England opened the 25th of July, with no outbreaks due to them opening since.

Gyms in Scotland are scheduled for 14th of September, 7 weeks after England.

I wouldn’t rely on Sturgeon being 2 weeks behind England at all.

Thats the truth
tenor.gif

Not up here they won’t

Jason Leitch has stated test events with limited crowds will take place in September to trial one way systems and various other restrictions that will need to be in place.

I think there has obviously been some sort of verbal communication to those in charge of Scottish football that crowds will likely be back in October.

It’s no coincidence that last seasons Scottish cup semis, our trip to the piggery and the lower leagues that have no tv deals so rely on crowds are all pencilled in for October.

I doubt we'll get any more than test size crowds this year.

We'll see what happens after Christmas but that is more down to what the virus has decided to do rather than anything else.

I am just treating getting back to Ibrox this season for any game at any time (even if it is at the tail end of he season) as a huge bonus.

Last edited:
I reckon we will be one of the stadiums used for test events with the lucky fans able to attend wearing a mask.

Hopefully it all runs smoothly and we are all able to get to a few games. Hopefully they'll be fair about it and it be names out of a hat like the away tickets used to be and everyone who has bought a season ticket has a chance of getting in

Think the recent spate of reinfections will delay this. Boris is a bit foolhardy here there is a spike all across Europe now isn’t the time to do this.

she has with driving lessons. They started back in England on 4th July. Up here we’re not allowed to until 24th August. She’s a cow.

Agreed, my missus is pregnant and due in December so I need to finally get my finger out there and every week that passes will make it more difficult to be a driver in time.

We were told Oct at the earliest that's a fact! Given the outbreak in Aberdeen, and there will be a 2nd wave you can guarantee that, there will be no fans till next year. Hospitality at best.

Utter bollocks. There's no guarantee whatsoever of a second wave.

James Bisgrove said there could be a phased return of fans late August/September.

Again, no-one knows for sure.

Can't see it. The bigger clubs have fans coming from all over the place. Unless there's a way the limited numbers can come from a restrictive area there's the potential to spread an infection all over the place. Look at how the Sheep City outbreak is being linked to the Orkney cluster.

Back