SPFL open disciplinary proceedings against Celtic and Aberdeen

against the clubs? The way i read it, it seemed it was proceedings against the players
Both.

Players charged and clubs investigated separately.

Scottish FA Disciplinary Tribunal Update
Alleged Parties in Breach:

Jonny Hayes, Scott McKenna, Sam Cosgrove, Craig Bryson, Bruce Anderson, Dylan McGeouch, Matty Kennedy and Michael Devlin (Aberdeen FC).

Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo (Celtic FC).

Disciplinary Rules allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 24
– A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall be subject to and shall comply with the Articles, the Laws of the Game and the rules, procedures and regulations, bye-laws and Decisions of the Scottish FA.

Disciplinary Rule 71 – No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official, or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall bring the game into disrepute.

Principal hearing date: Friday, 28 August 2020

SPFL Disciplinary Proceedings – Aberdeen FC and Celtic FC
Following investigation, the SPFL has opened separate disciplinary proceedings against each of Aberdeen FC and Celtic FC for alleged breaches of the SPFL’s COVID-19 – Requirements and Testing Regulation.

There will be no further comment pending the outcome of these disciplinary proceedings.

Anybody else not seeing tweets embedded on here anymore? It's just the link I can see and need to open it.

This’ll be one of these “establishing a precedent” hearings.
A yellow card at most for the clubs.

No doubt it will be; Cltic did everything in their power to avoid the situation, it would be harsh to punish the club when it was the player at fault.

Before i disagrees that bolingoli was ineligible to play. However with the charges they have laid out I think he would now have been ineligible to play. 3-0 loss?

No doubt it will be; Cltic did everything in their power to avoid the situation, it would be harsh to punish the club when it was the player at fault.
Here here we'll have none of that sympathy pish for the scum on this forum. Can you just imagine Liewell on that board if it had been a Rangers player...FFS he'd not be so sympathetic i'm sure...be wanting us demoted again, the fecker!

Legally, they cannot just say that this time counts as a warning and any future offence will be dealt with differently. In law it is known as precedence, and once it is set, it takes a change in the law to see different outcomes for the same offence. Whatever punishment they hand down now becomes the standard, so if they want to be able to throw the book at teams, they need to throw the book at those 2 rancid organisations.

Legally, they cannot just say that this time counts as a warning and any future offence will be dealt with differently. In law it is known as precedence, and once it is set, it takes a change in the law to see different outcomes for the same offence. Whatever punishment they hand down now becomes the standard, so if they want to be able to throw the book at teams, they need to throw the book at those 2 rancid organisations.
Law means f. All itss basically a gentlemans club play by our rules or yer oot.

Remember our illegal transfer embargo?

They make it up as they go along as we’ve seen all summer. Not having rules in place for this already was deliberate for me, meant they could see who was first to breach and punish accordingly.

We all know Celtic will get their knuckles wrapped at worst.

Law means f. All itss basically a gentlemans club play by our rules or yer oot.

Remember our illegal transfer embargo?

Do you think that once a precedent has been set, any other team would not take the SPFL to court over points deductions or large fines? It would be straight to CAS and a 100% open and shut case.

They might think they can do as they please, but in this instance their hands are tied. They cannot treat 2 clubs in one way over an issue and then make season changing sanctions stick on another club for the same offence.

In no way am I sticking up for the papes or the sheep however, is there another footballing governing body that bends over backwards and takes great delight in punishing its member clubs?

Back