New items on Rangers Shop Online

the size guide was mental for me, especially for trousers . I am a 34/6 waist depending on who makes it. For tops I would say I am 44/6 chest depending on whether they are tight fitting or not.
I got a large pair of trousers from the training kit range, which were too long and loose (they are supposed to be tight), while the home kit I ordered XL as we were told to size up and it is verging on being tight.
The numbers don’t seem to relate to normal S,M, L, XL sizes.

Don't get it. There are normally 3 types of fittings for tops.

Slim, Regular and Custom fits.

Slim - take a size up
Regular - order as normal
Custom - go on a diet.

Sounds like they are being manufactured outwith the uk and the sizing has went tits up.

Just my opinion.

Im sure there will be cheaper generic items added to the shop but wont be Castore.
Remember that this is a new venture for Castore and with Covid kicking in there were delays in getting shop ready and stock produced.

I ve just had a look on the Liverpool site and they have a budget range where you can get a polo shirt for £22 surely Rangers can do something similar.
As for the Castore range if they get the stock levels sorted out they will make a fortune.
This is something that will be needed.

It's in a smaller scale but so many moaned and scoffed at the epl pricing normal fans out the game.

Well here is how it starts

This is something that will be needed.

It's in a smaller scale but so many moaned and scoffed at the epl pricing normal fans out the game.

Well here is how it starts
I think it will happen but people need to be patient. These arent normal times and production supply chains are a bit compromised at the moment.
Castore have quite rightly focussed on getting their products out there, i know there are issues with some preorder kits, amd once the stampede has settled they will focus in other items in the store and online but I doubt they will do a "cheap" range. They may allow another company access to the shop though

I think it will happen but people need to be patient. These arent normal times and production supply chains are a bit compromised at the moment.
Castore have quite rightly focussed on getting their products out there, i know there are issues with some preorder kits, amd once the stampede has settled they will focus in other items in the store and online but I doubt they will do a "cheap" range. They may allow another company access to the shop though
Id hope so. I've got to say, I've laughed at some of the hysteria shown on here in recent weeks. It's bordering on lunacy from some over what is some clothes. My o ly point here is some folk regularly across threads like this seem to look down their noses at fans who can't and legitamtely raise concerns re pricing etc. While buyi g 3 or 4 t shirts at 40 quid a pop is nothi g for them, 40 quid max might be the li. It for others. I'm sure it'll come soon enough.

Don't get it. There are normally 3 types of fittings for tops.

Slim, Regular and Custom fits.

Slim - take a size up
Regular - order as normal
Custom - go on a diet.

Sounds like they are being manufactured outwith the uk and the sizing has went tits up.

Just my opinion.
Custom Loyal here. :)) My issue with clothes is usually the fact that they aren’t long enough.

Id hope so. I've got to say, I've laughed at some of the hysteria shown on here in recent weeks. It's bordering on lunacy from some over what is some clothes. My o ly point here is some folk regularly across threads like this seem to look down their noses at fans who can't and legitamtely raise concerns re pricing etc. While buyi g 3 or 4 t shirts at 40 quid a pop is nothi g for them, 40 quid max might be the li. It for others. I'm sure it'll come soon enough.
Agree 100%. If folk can afford it fair play but there wlll be others whos priority is food on the table. My gripe has always been that strips change every year. Used to be home and away now we have 3rd strips. I would like Castore to consider an all white 150th strip that will straddle both 21/22 and 22/23 seasons. Would be a bit of good will.
The good thing with some of the lifestyle stuff is that will transcend the 5 year deal as it just has Rangers and Castore on it and no sponsors. To me that makes it work for the price.

I am thinking of taking a run up to the shop for a browse,I am assuming it’s fully stocked up with tops training gear T shirts and sizes.

Used to buy Ralph Lauren t shirts and my gaffer told me about the different fits. They are/ were geared up for the American market at one point.
Bought a custom polo in error. It fitted on top but down to my knees. :))
Honestly it’s a struggle seeing a polo shirt I like and fits fine apart from the fact it literally doesn’t go past my waist. :))

No L in the t shirt or Navy hoodie either:(
I’m starting to wonder if they can only afford to produce a limited number of products at a time, hence the reason many items are ‘in store exclusives’ and the 1st strip was ‘pre-order’. They are a family business after all, maybe they need to sell merchandise first in order to get the capital to produce more gear. The whole pre-order thing gave them £3 million capital pay the suppliers and a month to deliver the goods. I’m not financial guru but it stands to reason they won’t have the same working capital as larger companies.

I’m starting to wonder if they can only afford to produce a limited number of products at a time, hence the reason many items are ‘in store exclusives’ and the 1st strip was ‘pre-order’. They are a family business after all, maybe they need to sell merchandise first in order to get the capital to produce more gear. The whole pre-order thing gave them £3 million capital pay the suppliers and a month to deliver the goods. I’m not financial guru but it stands to reason they won’t have the same working capital as larger companies.

Keep going like this and they will have soon enough.

They can always do a letter of credit for finance which the bank will accept as well as the supplier.
They just have to produce confirmed orders and the bank will produce a guarantee to the supplier.

Or borrow finance from another on the same basis.

I am thinking of taking a run up to the shop for a browse,I am assuming it’s fully stocked up with tops training gear T shirts and sizes.
If you're a small or medium mate fill your boots. Anything above that is very very scarce.

I am sure they are top notch. I feel for the guys who have a couple of children who want geared out plus stuff from themselves.

I have bought my 7 year old the strips but he is one of those kids who can get manky everywhere he goes.

I can't justify spending that much on training gear etc that will have mud, grass stains and f*ck knows what else on them.

It’s purely my opinion and I’m not ITK with this but I’m not going in heavy with buying anymore Castore gear cause I think there is a decent possibility of us having someone different next season.

I just think someone like Nike will be watching this from a far thinking 100k jerseys sold over a few weeks is astonishing and will want in on it.

It’s purely my opinion and I’m not ITK with this but I’m not going in heavy with buying anymore Castore gear cause I think there is a decent possibility of us having someone different next season.

I just think someone like Nike will be watching this from a far thinking 100k jerseys sold over a few weeks is astonishing and will want in on it.

I hope so. Always preferred Nike to any of the other sports companies.

I can't see it, Nike and Adidas etc just provide generic crap kits.

Our current ones are far superior.

And how easy is it to get out of a 5 year deal?

I understand we got out of the Hummel one but that was a lot easier than this would be.

5 year deal we signed with them, not a chance that’s happening.

I can't see it, Nike and Adidas etc just provide generic crap kits.

Our current ones are far superior.

And how easy is it to get out of a 5 year deal?

I understand we got out of the Hummel one but that was a lot easier than this would be.
We'll certainly be with Castore next season. They are going nowhere.

They are just starting to plan the 2021/22 stuff with particular emphasis on the 150 year anniversary etc and will also be developing the store in Edmiston House.

Nike can look all they like. The last thing we need is another contract wrangle ending up in court. Unless another company pay a get out clause, Ithink Castore will be staying. Although they may jack it if they cant match demand going forward, I guess.

Castore will be fine.

They are expanding like f.uck and will have an EPL team on board next season as well as probably a La Liga club.

The navy blue hoodie is a belter. out of stock so will defo be making a purchase when its back in stock

Why would we do that?

Madness

I love the grey and navy hoodies, hopefully once stocks get better they have more available for kids, my two are desperate to get some more gear.

I am sure they are top notch. I feel for the guys who have a couple of children who want geared out plus stuff from themselves.
They really aren't priced any higher than most other top club's merchandise.
In fact I'm pretty certain we're getting better quality for similar outlay.
There's no way it should ever be described as "outrageous".

The top end stuff like the Garcia hoodie are pricey yes, but your average kid doesn't need a Garcia hoodie.
It's marvellous that we have such quality after years of the fat bastard's bargain bins.

It’s one to watch. Length of deals aren’t water tight anymore.
Last thing we need is another court case.
Castore have done lots of things right in a short time, we need to have a little patience too. Although I do agree they’ve failed on quite a few fronts too but confident they’ll iron that issues out.

I was in today about 1pm. Had a fairly decent stock of the leisure wear, most sizes were available in almost all items. Didnt have the white £25 one at all though that you see the players wearing for travel. 3rd kit was well stocked, away top only up to an L. Home kits, i could only see a handful of long sleeved ones, didnt catch the sizes. Loads of goalie shirts. Training gear was a little scarce apart from the coaches black stuff, there was almost all sizes available. No orange training tops at all though. TBH, most folk I seen in the shop were mainly buying the playing kits or training gear, didn't see many folk buying leisure wear.

Nike can look all they like. The last thing we need is another contract wrangle ending up in court. Unless another company pay a get out clause, Ithink Castore will be staying. Although they may jack it if they cant match demand going forward, I guess.

You and a few others ( @Stevethebluenose90 ) are missing the point.

There wouldn’t be a court case. There would be conditions of the contract which would allow another company to take it over. It’s standard practice in sports merchandising these days. It’s a lot more straight forward than you realise.

You and a few others ( @Stevethebluenose90 ) are missing the point.

There wouldn’t be a court case. There would be conditions of the contract which would allow another company to take it over. It’s standard practice in sports merchandising these days. It’s a lot more straight forward than you realise.
Nobody on this forum board has any clue what’s included in the contract between Rangers and Castore.

What we do know is that Castore have successfully delivered over 100,000 packages to customers, refurbed the shop and have given us a good payment up front.

I don’t think Rangers will be in a rush to break any contract they have with Castore.

Nobody on this forum board has any clue what’s included in the contract between Rangers and Castore.

What we do know is that Castore have successfully delivered over 100,000 packages to customers, refurbed the shop and have given us a good payment up front.

I don’t think Rangers will be in a rush to break any contract they have with Castore.

It’s not breaking a contract. It’s a mutual parting of ways. I’m not saying it’s happening, I’m just saying I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone want to offer us more than what Castore can. There will 100% be a condition in the contract that allows that to happen. It’s standard procedure and teams like Chelsea and Liverpool have used it over the last few years.

It’s not breaking a contract. It’s a mutual parting of ways. I’m not saying it’s happening, I’m just saying I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone want to offer us more than what Castore can. There will 100% be a condition in the contract that allows that to happen. It’s standard procedure and teams like Chelsea and Liverpool have used it over the last few years.
I’d be stunned if things are going well between us and Castore then we suddenly decide to “part ways”. Not very loyal of us considering the mess they’ve helped get us out of.

I’d be stunned if things are going well between us and Castore then we suddenly decide to “part ways”. Not very loyal of us considering the mess they’ve helped get us out of.

Rangers would not have entered into a contract with a company like Castore without get out clauses. There will be standard targets to meet and if not, Rangers will likely be able to use them failing (if they end up doing so) to speak to other Kit Manufacturers. It’s standard in the industry.

Just to reiterate my point before something I’m saying is taken out of context again and ends up on Twitter and fans sites ....what I am saying is my opinion. There is nothing to say it would happen. However major players will be watching what’s happening and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them swoop over the next year or two.

Glad to see they're continually adding different items to their range.
Just bought a black/orange sweater (winter will be on us sooner than you think).
I'm sure the quality matches the other bits of kit I've seen so far, here's hoping!

Back