Football fans to return to stadiums next month

As much as i am desperate to get back i expect we will be back in lockdown fairly fast once the large scale gatherings are back.
The problem being until a vaccine has been developed we are going to have to need to deal with restrictions/lockdowns for the forseeable future.
your full of hope :p

As much as i am desperate to get back i expect we will be back in lockdown fairly fast once the large scale gatherings are back.
The problem being until a vaccine has been developed we are going to have to need to deal with restrictions/lockdowns for the forseeable future.
Won't happen the country can't afford a 2nd lockdoon

There seems to be a lot of confusion around an alleged 2nd Wave. Seasonal Flu over the winter will no doubt push up the amount of people that are ill, however it cannot be classed as Covid 19. In my opinion this has had it's pound of flesh and is now mutating into no more than severe Flu. It's fairly simple to police if you don't feel well don't go out. I realise that it's easier said than done. You cannot continue to keep a country living in fear, is a simple mathematical fact that if you test more people for something you will find more people with that something. There has been a small rise in cases but deaths have dropped off the edge of a cliff and long may that continue. People need to get on with their lives instead of awaiting a vaccine of which there is no guarantee will work . Even the News has moved on from it being a headline as they can no longer peddle the fear of previous months.
Brilliant post, 100%agree.

Received an email earlier saying Platinum MyGers members will be allowed in the stadium for the home game against Ross County on October 2nd. Can't wait to get back!

An issue could be travelling fans from high prevalence areas they will want to avoid that
Cant see any travelling fans. That is a completely unnecessary risk. Need to realise that this isn't a game, this virus kills people. We have it under control and need to keep it that way. Someone above saying people aren't dying, you don't have to die to be really seriously affected by this virus. It leaves lasting damage on people, people previously fit and healthy, not just old people either.

Cant see any travelling fans. That is a completely unnecessary risk. Need to realise that this isn't a game, this virus kills people. We have it under control and need to keep it that way. Someone above saying people aren't dying, you don't have to die to be really seriously affected by this virus. It leaves lasting damage on people, people previously fit and healthy, not just old people either.
I didnt mean away fans clubs like ours have many fans who travel long distances for home games

not judging by the latest briefings tbh

I know someone who had Covid and was in intensive care , they have been home for a few weeks now but are still recovering from the long term effects it has had. I also knew three people who have died from Covid.
It is hardly nonsense !
This is exactly the attitude that has caused and will continue to cause new outbreaks and prevent the return of football supporters in the long term.
Look closer at the figures and if they're ever honest enough to tell us, then I think you will find a hell of a lot of these deaths are suspected covid.

I've heard of this happening with a few on here and people I know, 2 definites.

That's just a small sample, I would really love the records to he checked,
for the numbers who have suspected on their death certificate. I think it's going to run into many thousands.

Widely reported this morning, test events to happen in coming weeks, fans to be allowed in when English season starts on Sept 12, full rollout expected for October.

There is just no way a full rollout o fans into grounds by October, unless you mean October 2021 alongside a credible vaccine for us all.

All things going well can see perhaps a quarter full Ibrox by the New Year, full house along way off, the infection rates the World over creep up significantly as soon as restrictions are lifted. A vaccine is a must before our lives can return to some semblance of pre Covid 19 normality.

I'm beginning to wonder. People in the west especially seem to have been frightened into submission.

Poland had limited crowds back at the football as did russia. The people of the east seem to be made of sterner stuff. Maybe that's through the crap they went through in the last century.
Don't even know where to start with this

There is just no way a full rollout o fans into grounds by October, unless you mean October 2021 alongside a credible vaccine for us all.

All things going well can see perhaps a quarter full Ibrox by the New Year, full house along way off, the infection rates the World over creep up significantly as soon as restrictions are lifted. A vaccine is a must before our lives can return to some semblance of pre Covid 19 normality.

There might never be an effective vaccine, so what then? We can’t stall forever.

You mention infection rates creeping up, but don’t mention the death rates dropping dramatically and people recovering increasing.

It won’t happen here as it doesn’t suit the political objective of zero Covid cases.

the sooner we realise that is impossible and get back to normal the better but it won’t happen here for some time yet.

If all goes well down South, she can’t possibly say no to fans in stadiums, she basically follows suit with directives from down South, just with her own slant on it.
How can it possibly 'all go well down south'? The virus is still rampant, it hasnt gone away. Crowds are unsafe. Ending lockdown isnt the end of the virus, its just an opportunity for it to take hold again, as it will. Economy over health is simply unsustainable.

There might never be an effective vaccine, so what then? We can’t stall forever.

You mention infection rates creeping up, but don’t mention the death rates dropping dramatically and people recovering increasing.
Stats are being manipulated, we are back on the throes of the mad herd immunity theory which factors in significant deaths as being a price worth paying to keep the economy moving. We must stall forever if we value saving lives.

"Full roll out in October". Not a hope in hell.

I can see the future, the SNP and SPFL will bend over backwards and do absolutely everything in their power to ensure that the Bheast Facilitators are present and accounted for, for our trip to the Piggery.

And I don’t even have magic tea leaves yet I can see the future.

I'm beginning to wonder. People in the west especially seem to have been frightened into submission.

Poland had limited crowds back at the football as did russia. The people of the east seem to be made of sterner stuff. Maybe that's through the crap they went through in the last century.
You'll maybe change your mind when you find yourself on a ventilator. Its a bit of an eyeopener apparently.

I can see the future, the SNP and SPFL will bend over backwards and do absolutely everything in their power to ensure that the Bheast Facilitators are present and accounted for, for our trip to the Piggery.

They won't, they can't !

Whatever happens it will be phased return

If I was a STH I would quite happy just to get in to see whatever games the club allow me to attend - opposition is not important

Getting to use the product I bought is

Some people need to remember that ;)

I know someone who had Covid and was in intensive care , they have been home for a few weeks now but are still recovering from the long term effects it has had. I also knew three people who have died from Covid.
It is hardly nonsense !
This is exactly the attitude that has caused and will continue to cause new outbreaks and prevent the return of football supporters in the long term.
This is actually the problem it might not be instant deaths anymore but it's the longer term effects it has on the body

I mentioned the creeping increase with infections because governments the World over are using this to start imposing restrictions once again, perhaps not full lockdown but IMHO we are unlikely to see large numbers in attendance at sporting events until we are in control of this.

Last edited:

Imo your first part is the main attraction

We can't stop forever .... We need to get back to normal
Boris said December .... possibly as the money will run out imo

You'll maybe change your mind when you find yourself on a ventilator. Its a bit of an eyeopener apparently.
Any reason a person is on a ventilator is a eye opener ..... But he is right

Could you imagine this being the case for a few years to come ? If you have hair you would be pulling it in no time with frustration.

No one is going to argue a virus can be deadly.....but look at figures now
The government is actually cutting the death rate numbers due to a change in covid related deaths .....
98% are surviving it ....

Jason leitch, health guy for Scottish government, was on clyde the other night saying test events by end August, with limited attendance starting Sept 14th

This is true. The plan is test events beginning from August 24th.

A bit strange when she's been yakking that footy is on a yellow card and next issue is a red.

A bit strange when she's been yakking that footy is on a yellow card and next issue is a red.

They have to "show face" to make it look serious................if you know what I mean.

Nonsense.
Sturgeon doesn’t give a toss about the Shettlestons.
There’s not a hope in hell the piggery will be full in October. A quarter full at absolute best.

She’s doing that in the hope a player, she’ll be secretly hoping one of ours, fucks up and then said player and club will be made the scapegoat for sport being cancelled and crowds back halted. That way she can as ever, blame someone else.

Back