New items on Rangers Shop Online

You and a few others ( @Stevethebluenose90 ) are missing the point.

There wouldn’t be a court case. There would be conditions of the contract which would allow another company to take it over. It’s standard practice in sports merchandising these days. It’s a lot more straight forward than you realise.

Then why even bother with contracts? If Castore maintain these sales figures I very much doubt they will go quietly (and straightforwardly) without recompense. Plus what does that do to our business reputation, that we drop contractors on a whim? We've just come out of a load of years of trouble with Ashley, Hummel/Elite turned into a shit show. The club will want stability. I think people are letting their disappointment with castore cloud their judgement.

I’d be stunned if things are going well between us and Castore then we suddenly decide to “part ways”. Not very loyal of us considering the mess they’ve helped get us out of.

Thousands of Rangers shirts being deliberately damaged during mail delivery would not have impressed the club, never mind Castore.

Glad to see they're continually adding different items to their range.
Just bought a black/orange sweater (winter will be on us sooner than you think).
I'm sure the quality matches the other bits of kit I've seen so far, here's hoping!
If its the £55 one, the quality is superb. Was looking at them in the club store earlier today. They're very similar in material to Under Armour HeatGear hoodies and sweatshirts.

Then why even bother with contracts? If Castore maintain these sales figures I very much doubt they will go quietly (and straightforwardly) without recompense. Plus what does that do to our business reputation, that we drop contractors on a whim? We've just come out of a load of years of trouble with Ashley, Hummel/Elite turned into a shit show. The club will want stability. I think people are letting their disappointment with castore cloud their judgement.

If Rangers moved on early from Castore to go to a bigger supplier, everyone would understand why and it would do nothing for our reputation. You are looking at this all misty eyed when business is cut throat. We don’t need to show any loyalty to anyone if it makes it a better deal for the club and for the benefit of doubt, I’m not saying anything is wrong with Castore or their offer.

And you are forgetting I am a fan of Castore, I have spent over £300 on them and was one of the first people to break the news about this deal. I have had zero bad experiences with them other than the infant kits that have been delayed. Oh and look who’s started this thread ;)

I like Castore trying to disrupt the market and trying to be original, it’s very Rangers.

@Empire , interesting thought.

Can’t see it, though, bud.
And this is just my opinion, but I think we’re in for this for the long haul.

Get what you’re saying about our numbers raising eyebrows, though.

@Empire , interesting thought.

Can’t see it, though, bud.
And this is just my opinion, but I think we’re in for this for the long haul.

Get what you’re saying about our numbers raising eyebrows, though.
I hope you're right, the Castore stuff is great and I like us using somebody a bit different (and better) than all the rest.

Caved in and got one of the hoodies and some joggers. The Navy hoodies are sold out, if you want a grey one better get in fast

I thought they were just like a basic cotton sweatshirt. But if they're how you say they are then I may be tempted.
Tbh the only item that was like basic cotton was the £25 t-shirt that has the badge and Castore logo (like the white one the players travel in) although its still cracking quality - I picked up the navy one and the fit is superb. I didnt check out the hoodies with the badge and small Castore logo though so can't comment on them. The SS and LS t-shirt with the large Castore logo above the Rangers F.C. lettering was a fantastic soft-touch cotton that feels like a wicking material, i picked up the black/orange LS one. One of the nicest tops I've ever seen! The quality of this Castore gear is awesome.

Rangers would not have entered into a contract with a company like Castore without get out clauses. There will be standard targets to meet and if not, Rangers will likely be able to use them failing (if they end up doing so) to speak to other Kit Manufacturers. It’s standard in the industry.

Just to reiterate my point before something I’m saying is taken out of context again and ends up on Twitter and fans sites ....what I am saying is my opinion. There is nothing to say it would happen. However major players will be watching what’s happening and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them swoop over the next year or two.
I have/had a bit of knowledge about contracts so FWIW I agree with you. I think the Castore product (for that is what it is) is much better quality than normal football sports wares. Equally it is significantly more expensive than similar type of product provided by NIKE ADIDAS etc. So I bought a third kit (even though I’m too old ;)) but I’d be wary of spending £90 on a hoodie only to find we’ve ditched Castore and gone with NIKE. As an aside ignoring the Elite fiasco I thought Hummel were pretty good and better than we had with PUMA or UMBRO (aside from the UMBRO kit that has the small tennents logo under the crest). Appreciate my fashion icon days are past!

Have you been in the shop yet? If so then it speaks for itself. It looks good but not £250k worth.
Not been in yet mate, just curious as to what you meant.
The shio had been ran into the ground over the last 10 years, it needed a hell of a lot of repairs, a lot of which won't be visible.
The 250k wasn't just spent on the new signs and pictures.

If they've spent £250k on it then they've been absolutely bumped.
Baring in mind that a lot of the things they are doing with it haven’t been done yet due to COVID.
The place is a million times better than before and will get better as the months go on with new products etc

Apologies if I've missed it. But is there a date where the home strips will be available again?

And the infant strips?

Glad to see the online choice ramping up a bit as I’ve no been able to get time to head up to Glasgow to queue.

Rangers and castore making a mint from this deal so all good in the hood!

quality material so far from what I have bought. Will buy more when they catch up with the demand!

Heads up night owls. There seems to be a restock on most training stuff on the website up to 2xl. Got my myself a few things fingers crossed this one doesnt get cancelled.

Any thoughts on the prices lads? I understood there was going to be an affordable range? A cap for $60 and a hoodie for $130 is all well and good if you can afford it, but surely castore could offer different price points?

It’s not breaking a contract. It’s a mutual parting of ways. I’m not saying it’s happening, I’m just saying I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone want to offer us more than what Castore can. There will 100% be a condition in the contract that allows that to happen. It’s standard procedure and teams like Chelsea and Liverpool have used it over the last few years.
The clauses won’t be as simple as “if someone offers us X at any time then we can get out”. I would expect that there is an initial term during which there won’t be any termination for convenience rights (ie not without cause). Castore have made an up front investment in getting the partnership going; capital expenditure on the retail stores, setting up the supply chain, etc. The initial term will be locked in to allow them the opportunity to recover that investment.

The clauses other clubs have used have been essentially “break points”, after that initial term. Defined time after which the club has the right to terminate and go elsewhere, but if they don’t terminate then the deal rolls on. Liverpool’s termination was challenged in the courts by NB if I remember right, as they argued it had not been properly exercised. Liverpool won, but it does go to should that it’s not “more simple” that people expect. These types of contracts are actually many times more complex than most punters realise.

I would be utterly stunned if we aren’t with Castore for at least the next two seasons after this one. Unless something goes catastrophically wrong, and one party terminates for cause, then I can’t see the initial term being less than 3 years - given the investment both parties were making in the partnership

It’s purely my opinion and I’m not ITK with this but I’m not going in heavy with buying anymore Castore gear cause I think there is a decent possibility of us having someone different next season.

I just think someone like Nike will be watching this from a far thinking 100k jerseys sold over a few weeks is astonishing and will want in on it.
I would be delighted if that did happen to be honest but have we not signed a five year deal or something with Castore?

If they've spent £250k on it then they've been absolutely bumped.
Pretty small outlay for a flagship renovation, when you include the market research and creative concept all the way through to the EPOS and staff training.

Anybody thats got some of the training gear, whats the sizing like? Is it smaller like the tops or it is true to size

Sake man. Had a few bits in my basket last night, the grey hoody being one of them, and that's now sold out in my size.

Still spent £230 this morning. Oops!

I can’t believe some folk are talking about exiting the Castore agreement, if this turns into another legal fiasco then good luck getting any reputable brand in future (unless it’s for peanuts).

It will take some time to work through the kinks but overall it’s been a success and will get better.
There is no chance we are exiting the Castore agreement mate.

You are correct - these short term things will be ironed out and I firmly believe we will have a long and successful partnership Castore.

I can’t believe some folk are talking about exiting the Castore agreement, if this turns into another legal fiasco then good luck getting any reputable brand in future (unless it’s for peanuts).

It will take some time to work through the kinks but overall it’s been a success and will get better.

Some people aren't happy unless they are being moaning bastards.

Got my castore rangers unibet £70 soft shell jacket delivered this morning, fits well, good quality but sadly missing anything to do with rangers or unibet... i mean FFS

I’d be stunned if things are going well between us and Castore then we suddenly decide to “part ways”. Not very loyal of us considering the mess they’ve helped get us out of.
Steve, Castore got themselves into a mess over this launch. They have ballsed it up and are now sorting it out so fair play. But I don't see anything they've done as demanding "loyalty" from us. Commercial arrangement which they will be making plenty out of. If they can continue without the sort of cockups they've made so far then I'm sure we will have a long and happy partnership. Otherwise business is business and we may not.

Back