Barcelona (2) v Bayern Munich (8)

He has 31 goals and over 20 assists. How on earth do you replace those numbers?

At some point other players really need to step up and help him. So many massive paid players in that squad yet their over reliance on him is staggering.

Getting the blame publicly every time Barca shit the bed must be really tiresome for Messi .

The simple answer is you can't. I'm not saying he's not still a wonderful player but I don't think he will be able to drag Barca to the top any more.

That Barcelona team is considered one of the best of all times because of Messi but he had Xavi and Iniesta who were obviously not as good but contenders for the best player in the world in their positions supporting him.

That Barcelona team is considered one of the best of all times because of Messi but he had Xavi and Iniesta who were obviously not as good but contenders for the best player in the world in their positions supporting him.
You rarely get players of that calibre whose styles all fit in the same team. They were a joy to watch.

They'd have taken more than 4 off this Barcelona team tonight!

Vidal at 33/34 is done. Busquets isn't the player he was.

Semedo, Sergio Roberto, Lenglet aren't good enough.

Suarez and Messi whilst still quality are 33. Rakitic too.

Griezmann has been disappointing, Dembele injury prone.

The bench is awful.

Pjanic arrives soon, do they really need him?

I have both teams to score in each half & 3+corners each team in both half's.
Halfway there.
150/1, £1.50 on it being offered £25.50 cash out but as well letting it run as there's got to be more goals second half.

Once Messi retires Barca are done for a long time I feel. Their transfers lately have been shit and supposedly their youth setup isn't what it used to be.

Barcelona have been directionless for a few years with recruitment and coaching. Catching up with them this season

Barcelona defending is embarrassing

It's like watching us at the midden under Warbs. Or Kiernan at Hampden. Guy comes in from the left and slams a cross shot. Defender rooted to the 6 yard line instead of attacking the ball. This could be anything Bayern want it to be.

Barcelona sacking their manager halfway through the season, whilst top of the league, in order to get someone who plays "The Barcelona Way" might be the stupidest decision ever made by a football club.

They cannot play with high-lines and the goalkeeper taking it out. Absolutely suicidal.

Once Messi retires Barca are done for a long time I feel. Their transfers lately have been shit and supposedly their youth setup isn't what it used to be.
They need to completely re-work their squad and management, top to bottom.

At some point other players really need to step up and help him. So many massive paid players in that squad yet their over reliance on him is staggering.

Getting the blame publicly every time Barca shit the bed must be really tiresome for Messi .

Argentina too. Carries the can for two failing sides despite constantly being far and away their best performer!

By the way, how the hell did Vidal ever end up there? Even in his prime he wasn’t good enough to play in their type of system. Madness.

Vidal at 33/34 is done. Busquets isn't the player he was.

Semedo, Sergio Roberto, Lenglet aren't good enough.

Suarez and Messi whilst still quality are 33. Rakitic too.

Griezmann has been disappointing, Dembele injury prone.

The bench is awful.

Pjanic arrives soon, do they really need him?

Suarez isn’t quality mate. He posts up good domestic numbers because he gets umpteen chances per game, but he struggles to keep the ball, compete a pass and he squandered some amount of chances. Also couldn’t score in a barrel of fannies in the CL knockouts for a few years now, think he’s only managed 1 goal, maybe 2.

Guys like him Alba, Pique and Busquets are there on past glories only. I mean that’s the third season in a row that defence has been dicked aw ways in the CL.

Barca are shocking recently, what a fall from the heights of the past. They used to be almost unbeatable. This is what happens when you dont plan for the future.

Suarez isn’t quality mate. He posts up good domestic numbers because he gets umpteen chances per game, but he struggles to keep the ball, compete a pass and he squandered some amount of chances. Also couldn’t score in a barrel of fannies in the CL knockouts for a few years now, think he’s only managed 1 goal, maybe 2.

Guys like him Alba, Pique and Busquets are there on past glories only. I mean that’s the third season in a row that defence has been dicked aw ways in the CL.

Pique is the Spanish John Stones imo.

There’s always a point where a massively successful team explodes like a dying star isn’t there?

My biggest thought watching this match is that Xavi and Iniesta would have commanded the two biggest transfer fees of all time bar Messi and Ronaldo at their peak.

(Apart from why the f.uck did they sign Clément Lengley obviously)

Bayern v Man City is going to be some game.

I think Bayern will have too much for City but it will be closer than this.

City’s defence could see another 45 mins like tonight imo. Read an article earlier that City have 7 out of 12 of the worlds most expensive defenders :eek:

Back