Castore – Thoughts So Far & Online Availability V Rangers Store Exclusives

I thought Castore's initial online sale of our kit was a bad move and I said so at the time, not because a I didn't trust them but because I didn't trust getting all this done in the middle of a pandemic. Didn't one of the brothers say they were trying to do in 3 months what normally takes 18, mental.
I work in manufacture/construction and I have done right through the pandemic, you'd be amazed at what suddenly becomes unavailable or difficult to get, for many reasons, companies furloughed, backlog in delivery, held up at customs you name it. Coupled with the huge Rangers demand the company should just never have went there. That said If they drip fed us strips it would have never been enough for our support either. If the issue is only with 3% of the shipping then they practically pulled it off. I thoroughly believe these are teething problems made worse by difficult times and this will be a magnificent partnership. I'm a bit old for most of the merchandise but it looks quality

Last edited:
Ordered 1/7, no further update since then. £25 digital voucher received, came home to missed RM delivery.......Order redirected to Monday so all being well two home tops will be delivered then.
Despite no direct comms, assuming delivery arrives Monday, Castore have kind of redeemed themselves with the £25 voucher.
I’m sure lessons will be learned and next season will be so much better.

A bit OT but i'll be over at Ibrox on Sunday about 1pm and looking to go into the store and pick up a few things. How long have the queues been generally?
I queued for about 1 hour 15 minutes today. Queue was at Argylle House when I joined. Got bigger the longer I was in the queue.

A bit OT but i'll be over at Ibrox on Sunday about 1pm and looking to go into the store and pick up a few things. How long have the queues been generally?
Family members were 90 minutes today and left with a top(for me).My 6”5 brother in law left with nothing.The shortage of sizes was a disgrace.No home tops after Medium.,no training tops or 3rd top over 2Xl.Petty moaning but for folks to wait nearly 2 hours and leave with nothing needs sorted

Just a post about the caps.

I absolutely loved the 47brand hook up that elite sports put in place.

Can't help but think the castore caps looks absolutely shite in comparison. I'll admit I picked up a hat from elite sports in the sales a while back as they are just great quality caps.

Just a post about the caps.

I absolutely loved the 47brand hook up that elite sports put in place.

Can't help but think the castore caps looks absolutely shite in comparison. I'll admit I picked up a hat from elite sports in the sales a while back as they are just great quality caps.

47 brand is excellent, top notch brand for head gear. Make hats for all the American sports, MLB, NFL, NHL etc.

The have a line just now with the Carhartt brand that are belters, just pick your North American team

Last edited:
Just because Castore call themselves a ‘premium’ sporting brand doesn’t actually mean they are premium. It’s just there own way of talking themselves up. The training gear I got is nice but the Rangers badge and castore logo are all just stuck on, rather than embroidered not a very premium finished product for a premium brand at a premium price.

So you're saying it's not premium quality stuff because the badge and logo aren't embroidered?

It’s a bit poor that there’s stuff you can only get instore and not online and vice versa. We were in the store yesterday and they didn’t have any coaches quarters zip tops but they had sliders which aren’t available online. It’s strange because there might be bears who would want to buy accessories but don’t even know they exist because they can’t make it into the store.

So you're saying it's not premium quality stuff because the badge and logo aren't embroidered?
I suppose if it survives the washing machine over the next few months then I’ll need to eat humble pie. Time will tell whether they really are a premium brand like they claim to be.

Last edited:
I done another online order yesterday and have got an e-mail to say that it will be delivered today by the post man.

That is good service.

Last edited:
I suppose if it survives the washing machine over the next few months then I’ll need to eat humble pie. Time will tell whether they really are a premium brand like they claim to be.
I bought 2 pairs of training shorts from castore last year & the logo is printed on. They’ve been washed loads of times & they still look brand new.

£30 for Bucket Hat ffs.

Boohoo do one cheaper if you prefer

I queued for about 1 hour 15 minutes today. Queue was at Argylle House when I joined. Got bigger the longer I was in the queue.
Was it worth the wait? Did the shop have plenty of stock of everything.
I want the 3 kits in age 4/5 but I'm not waiting in a 90 minute Queue if there's none

Was it worth the wait? Did the shop have plenty of stock of everything.
I want the 3 kits in age 4/5 but I'm not waiting in a 90 minute Queue if there's none
Was worth it for me as I was only buying for myself and I was after training gear and leisure wear. There was a good stock of adults leisure wear and a fairly decent stock of adult training gear - the coaches black range was very well stocked.
3rd kit seemed to be well stocked from kids through to adults. Didnt see many home kits at all, Away kit slightly more stock. Plenty of goalie shirts in what looked like all sizes. They did have a good stock of what looked like a bespoke kids training top, was navy blue with orange badge, logo and flashing, dont think this one was previously on the website. I got in about 1pm and the queue was getting bigger and bigger after I joined it. Not sure what stock levels will be like today though.

Boohoo do one cheaper if you prefer

Nah bit too colourful.I,ll get the one from coplandstreetwear for £16.90.

Anyone got a date the home shirt will be available online again?I was over the other day at Ibrox but didn’t have the home top in my size.Now I know what I’m wanting size wise I was just going to order it online but it’s not coming up.Cheers in advance for any info.

Anyone buy a rain jacket?

Does yours have the Castore logo on the back like the picture on the site? Mine doesn’t, I wonder if it’s a one off special edition.

I live in Moray. Ordered the away top yesterday at around 12:30pm and it came in the post this afternoon. Quickest iv ever received a parcel. Well chuffed and its smart as %^*& on!

I had a small issue with my online order,I didn’t get an order confirmation and didn’t actually know if they had it till it was dropped through my door,
A small grumble considering I think the whole Castore Rangers partnership will be really profitable for both of us long term,Teething problems like stock issues are a pain in the arse,I bet they were overwhelmed with the demand for Rangers merchandise but they come across as people who will rise to the challenge and tackle problems head on.

It’s a bit poor that there’s stuff you can only get instore and not online and vice versa. We were in the store yesterday and they didn’t have any coaches quarters zip tops but they had sliders which aren’t available online. It’s strange because there might be bears who would want to buy accessories but don’t even know they exist because they can’t make it into the store.
Especially us who live abroad.

Over 2 hour wait to enter shop at Ibrox all day today.There must be an easier way, this is testing the patience of many. Could they not sell from portacabins similar to many clubs including the likes of Bayern and Barca?

Over 2 hour wait to enter shop at Ibrox all day today.There must be an easier way, this is testing the patience of many. Could they not sell from portacabins similar to many clubs including the likes of Bayern and Barca?
That's not really Castores fault is it? Social distancing and limiting how many people can be in a shop is going to be the norm for the foreseeable future.

Has there been any update on stock refill? Any likelihood of training gear coming back into stock soon or have they totally underestimated the demand for it?

Everything bought on line so far has arrived, so no complaints there from me or my son, but you can’t hang around. Once merchandise goes on sale, (on line) you need to get in there quickly, missed out, size wise on the black and orange t-shirt yesterday, so settled for the white one. £575 later though, have to say, apart from the obvious misunderstanding by everyone at Castore, in relation to demand, the quality for their sportswear, not only from a footballing prospective, is excellent.

Obviously they have issues that need ironed out, supply being the most glaring one right now, overall though and like I have said, the quality from Castore is very good..

Would like to add and this is the most important part.

Don’t take the Rangers support for granted, address issues made by our supporters in a manner expected from a company that is dealing with a club of our size. Some of the feedback from customer services at Castore so far, has been less than encouraging, hopefully this is again, due to the overwhelming demand by our supporters and their lack of experience in dealing with a club of our size.

So far so good, though, from a personal point of view.

Strip for my son arrived late due to it being. that aside I think castore are a smashing partner for rangers.

My thoughts are that this time next year we will be satisfied fully with the product & service. Speaking as someone who spent £233 of training gear on the website & received an open package with no training gear, a pink polkadot dress, delivery note for my gear, & a castore leaflet WATP10 lol.... seriously

Back