When did Rangers last get a penalty kick in a league match?

ThorntonMM

Commentary on Wednesday night went on to remind the viewers that Dallas awarded Rangers four penalties at Ibrox a few months ago but of course after this, due to the outcry Referees were reluctant to give us a spot kick, no matter how blatant.

Arfield scored one v Hamilton in the cup, apart from the game v St Mirren where Dallas awarded them I cannot think of another.

Last one in domestic comp was the one at Hamilton I think

Motherwell at home that Tav missed could be the last one in the league

That was nearly a year ago

Commentary on Wednesday night went on to remind the viewers that Dallas awarded Rangers four penalties at Ibrox a few months ago but of course after this, due to the outcry Referees were reluctant to give us a spot kick, no matter how blatant.
Which leads to the question:
When do you think Rangers will next be awarded a penalty in a league match? When answering please bear in mind these 2 counteracting statements; a) most of our opponents are hammer throwers, b) the football authorities have most likely warned referees to give us absolutely nothing

There was a huge outcry after Dallas awarded 4 penalties. Only one of which was an incorrect award yet he also denied us an even more blatant penalty near the end of the match.
The backlash against him certainly had an impact on Referees awarding us a penalty afterwards. You just know if Timmy had gone so long without a penalty it would be highlighted every week.

Morelos was being hounded by the media over his actions against Celtic on the 29th of December 2018. This was the game that Beaton's number was made public and was subjected to a torrent of abuse and threats.

The Morelos chat went on for weeks that January with the insinuation that the compliance officer does nothing to Rangers players. That's when a few of us compiled the compliance officer and referee stats since around 2011/2012.

It was pretty damning evidence and I started to hear people talk about it in pubs and even heard it on Superscoreboard. Mark Guidi was doing his furious shouting over callers thing when he knows he's losing the argument.

Out of nowhere Rangers were awarded four penalties against St Mirren on the 2nd of February. The referee was the son of the evil bigot Hugh Dallas, the chat over bias against us was diminished and attention was straight back on us.

Was shocking but not surprising that they moaned at us being given 4 just penalties. Not one was in doubt yet just the fact the ref gave them all meant questions were asked of him. All the when was the last time 4 penalties were given no when was last time a team conceded 4 penalties.

27/10/19 v Motherwell. Tav hit the post.
Looks like this is correct. Quite unbelievable that such a length of time can pass since the last time we were awarded a penalty considering the amount of times we are in the opposition box.
We were denied an absolute stonewall at Pittodrie yet Gerrard took the pressure off Beaton by claiming he'd be the most disappointed person in the ground. It made it easy for Beaton to shaft us at Rugby Park to effectively end our league challenge.
Killie goal from a hand ball then Alfredo scores at the end of the game and it's chalked off.

The strange thing here is that Clive Tyldesley mentioned Dallas awarding us the four penalties against St Mirren during last week’s game. He said Dallas felt he got three spot-on, with which I agree, and one was possibly debatable. The one in question was the second award when the Saints defender clipped Defoe on the shin and made him stumble but not fall. Very similar to the Litten non-award on Wednesday, which everyone seems to agree was a nailed-on penalty. So some you get, some you don’t get!

Andrew Dallas at that time was a fifa ref,
he was then not put forward by the sfa for future consideration.

Denied a penalty cos the Monsignor in the black thought it was too windy! There is nowhere else in the natural world that decision would be given.

I'd rather we didn't get them. We seemed to forget how to score them last season.
Which leads to - Who takes them when we finally do get one?
personally Tav has missed one too many then confused maters by giving to Alfie in cup.
I'd like to see Borna hit them.

I like to see my strikers take them personally.
This I agree with BUT we get one on Sunday and Morelos takes and is later sold, back to square one. That and the way we are going to rotate/sub early strikers I'd rather have someone who is likely to play ever minute (much like Tav) in Borna take them.

Which leads to - Who takes them when we finally do get one?
personally Tav has missed one too many then confused maters by giving to Alfie in cup.
I'd like to see Borna hit them.

I think there was a thread on that.

Everyone thought it was unlikely to be an issue.

Another stonewall denied today.

Never a penalty.
Almost identical to the one the poets got when the ball bounced up off Richard Gough at the piggery many moons ago.
Of course the poets got it, but it was never a penalty.

The rules literally say the opposite. It’s not a pen.
Have they changed again? Didn't they bring in some ridicules rule stating it was a pen if it hit your hand, regardless of how/why. Doesn't need to be intent or in an unnatural position anymore.

Have they changed again? Didn't they bring in some ridicules rule stating it was a pen if it hit your hand, regardless of how/why. Doesn't need to be intent or in an unnatural position anymore.

You are the one that said it’s the rule so you tell me.

Your also the one that said it's not. So since it was made a rule last season, your saying it's now not. Hence me asking has it changed again. Not hard to follow.

Law 12 specifically covers this situation and says that it’s not handball if it first hits the player’s own head or body (including the foot).

Back