MOTM Poll Rangers v Kilmarnock - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match - Sponsored by Jimmy Bell

• Total voters
I’d tell them to move the ball a lot quicker around the box. Drop short to hold and give a quick one two and feed a player in. Invite tackles to gain a free kick (if Clancy ever will)!

What pisses me off is that teams all over the world know how to break teams down like Killie. You play faster than they can, tear them apart to create openings.

We however seem to play slow hoping something will happen.

Some might say the Killie keeper is their MOTM so far but I'd say it was Clancy, what an embarrassing cheating disgrace he is. Teams playing better than last week but still needing to bury it.

No win today Gerrard needs to go. We’ve been shit since we beat Celtic end of 2019. January to March was a joke and we’re pissing away points again this season.

Potentially time to replace before we waste another season away.

it's nothing like the Livingston game. We're forcing the issue, Jack and Davis are playing forwards, we're getting shots off, Barker got in behind, couple of good saves from their keeper, we're not overcrowding and eating up our own space. We haven't scored but that's just about the only similarity.

So basically the only thing that matters is the only similarity with Livingston.

We will win this.

We are looking alot better the way we are mixing it up and not just sideways passes, it's very difficult to play well against teams not willing to come out their own half.

Barker and Kent looking lively and if Hagi is to come on I'd bring Davis off and sit him a bit deeper.

We are not far off from this coming together, like you say were mixing it up, holding it up better and ball are being put in too. Bit sharper finishing and we are jamming. Cmon the Gers

Well i have to say i am liking what i am seeing compared to last week. We are going long; direct, short and shooting. Killie are clueless to what to do. Barker and Kent roaming all around causing problems. We have worked their keeper more than normal when playing 11 men behind the ball. Glad to see the manager trying something different. To me it is working. Only a matter of time for a goal for us. Also have to say i am liking big Phil more and more i see him.

To the morons calling for Gerrard's head: what's Gerrard got to do with nine shots, five on target and zero goals?

I'm not calling for his head but it's blatantly obvious that he hasn't learned how to break down teams like Livi and Killie.
This could ultimately be his downfall.

If Kent goes to Leeds we could be in for a long season. Looks the only player capable of driving us forward imo.
If Kent comes to Leeds you should be asking for Dallas in return, he would at least be up for shooting where possible, this slow possession football is grim, player receives the ball and invariably rotates back towards his own goal' need to go the other way and make defenders tackle instead of jockeying and holding.

Groundhog day from last week, loads of the ball and doing very little with it. Where exactly is Itten supposed to be playing, he's an out and out striker but seems to be coming in from the side,shouldn't Roofe be playing where Itten is playing and Itten where Roofe is. One shot on target in 45mins really isn't good enough and we're going to get this all season from every team apart from the mankies.

Lots of possession, some chances but once again we look incapable of scoring. Gonna be a long afternoon. The game is too slow , too predictable this has 0-0 written all over it.

I think you're right. I cant wait till there's 85 minutes on the clock because that's when we start playing.

I am struggling to see this good game that some seem to think Barker is having. He has had plenty of the ball but nothing ever looks like coming from it.

Literally no one has said that is the main problem with this team.
Numerous fans have inferred it by that being their only talking point on match selection threads. Just because something has not been explicitly stated in those words does not mean it has not been implied.

We will win this.

We are looking alot better the way we are mixing it up and not just sideways passes, it's very difficult to play well against teams not willing to come out their own half.

Barker and Kent looking lively and if Hagi is to come on I'd bring Davis off and sit him a bit deeper.

I agree with this but I also thought that at half time versus livi and then they came out miles off the pace until the last ten minutes.

Put itten through the middle.

Its a tough watch if I'm honest, trying to stay positive but not sure where our goals are going to come from at this rate.

Forget 1 goal from the perfect start pish

Were 45 mins from this management team coming under real pressure.

The reason you cant drop silly points anywhere in the league. The next game becomes even more pressurised

Itten right wing. A fucking striker who banged in23 goals in Switzerland all in and around the 6 yard box

McCann is dead right. Barker is utterly incapable of playing with his back to goal. To be honest I’m not convinced he’s capable at all.

Barker has been outstanding according to some on here today I can’t see it!

Continually playing players out of position too

Kilmarnock are more than happy with this. I’m actually at a loss trying to figure out why we are so slow and determined to go to the congested middle at every opportunity.

Back