Allan McGregor or Jon McLaughlin

Who should be 1st Choice.

• McGregor

Votes: 744 45.7%
  • McLaughlin

Votes: 884 54.3%

• Total voters
Has McLaughlin had to make a save yet? It's tough on McGregor but you dont mess with a defence that's not conceding shots let alone goals.

I know we've only played dross so far but I can't remember our back four looking so calm or together. McLaughlin has to take some credit for that as his attitude obviously influences the 4 guys in front of him.

It's working and working well so why tinker with it?

I'm a great believer that the man in possession should retain the jersey until he makes a few mistakes. McGregor is a great keeper but he's coming towards the end of his career

I think McGregor is great but the whole defence seems much more calm and composed just now.
It makes a difference knowing the keeper can handle crosses.

McGregor was showing his age last season, always seems rooted to his line, we are too loyal to out of form or inferior players, things were changed today and I thought we were more menacing

McLaughlin has been good since McGregor got injured. He doesn't deserve to be dropped until he does something that actually is worth dropping him for. That should be the way it works in football. Although, McGregor is at that stage in his career that a spell on the bench will not do him any good.

So, difficult call but I would be dead against McLaughlin losing his place at the moment.

The way McLaughlin took an awkwardly hit back pass, brought it under control and distributed an attacking pass was pretty damn impressive. His distribution is top class. The way he copes with crosses far superior too. If he can match Greegs shot stopping then we have a proper keeper on our hands.

McGregor is still a fabulous keeper. Probably still the better of the two.

However, McLaughlin is also excellent and until his form drops or he makes a mistake or two, he should keep the jersey.

It’s not McLaughlin’s fault, but I haven’t seen enough from him to tell me he’s a better keeper than McGregor.

I have liked us with JMc sweeping at the back. But right now shagger is still our best bet for a clean sheet when we’re playing teams who will actually have a go.

For the time being, JMc should keep his place until he cocks it up.

Hasn't really had anything to do so far. Today zero shots on target by killie.

I say McGregor as I know what he is capable of doing. That said it's great to have two brilliant keepers. Where are all the bed wetters who criticised his signing?

McGregor is our best keeper, when he’s fully fit he should get put back in

No different to when Alexander stepped in at the back end of 07/08 season and McGregor was number 1 the next season

Latest posts

Back