Rangers announce further developments on digital transformation of Ibrox

To think that dumpling at 4Lads Had a Nightmare was lambasting James Bisgrove in his recent Twitter post. Bisgrove has been an outstanding addition.

Who cares really? It generates extra revenue. You don’t get to turn your nose up at such opportunities when you’re not one of the game’s financial super powers.
Commercialization might be the modern way but I don’t have to like it. The more sponsors you have the less exclusive it becomes and once you start relying on this income there’s no going back. It might be old fashioned but the royal blue shirt is sacred to me, and I don’t want us to end up looking like we are cycling in the Tour de France rather than playing football.

for years I felt that we played at being a big club, since DK and the 3B's came in and then Gerrard and Bisgrove we are starting to act like it.

Commercialization might be the modern way but I don’t have to like it. The more sponsors you have the less exclusive it becomes and once you start relying on this income there’s no going back. It might be old fashioned but the royal blue shirt is sacred to me, and I don’t want us to end up looking like we are cycling in the Tour de France rather than playing football.

Fair enough mate. You’re right though, it’s an outdated view that simply doesn’t fit with modern (not that modern anymore) football where it’s big business and where you have to do these things and you have to explore every commercial avenue to even have a hope in hell of competing with other clubs who’re all doing similar. Given Bisgrove’s job you certainly can’t use it against him or as an indicator of him not doing his job well, quite the opposite actually.

Fair enough mate. You’re right though, it’s an outdated view that simply doesn’t fit with modern (not that modern anymore) football where it’s big business and where you have to do these things and you have to explore every commercial avenue to even have a hope in hell of competing with other clubs who’re all doing similar. Given Bisgrove’s job you certainly can’t use it against him or as an indicator of him not doing his job well, quite the opposite actually.
I’m not necessarily against Bisgrove, I just think we should keep an eye on him. He is no doubt on a performance bonus and I’m wary about how far he is willing to go to maximize it. We all want the club to maximize income and succeed but at what cost?

I think some questions need asked about how much he knew of Castore’s plans to outsource the lifestyle range of clothing and price it the way they did. Charging premium prices for budget sportswear is simply taking advantage of the fans. If that was a decision the Beahon made on their own that’s one thing, but if the club knew about their plans it’s quite another

£2m out our doors to one of Green's associates for 4 routers in each stand .

Corporate theft

Pretty sure they paid that to a company in Dubai who then paid a firm in East Kilbride c.£300k to install it.

x7QpkLR.gif

I’m not necessarily against Bisgrove, I just think we should keep an eye on him. He is no doubt on a performance bonus and I’m wary about how far he is willing to go to maximize it. We all want the club to maximize income and succeed but at what cost?

I think some questions need asked about how much he knew of Castore’s plans to outsource the lifestyle range of clothing and price it the way they did. Charging premium prices for budget sportswear is simply taking advantage of the fans. If that was a decision the Beahon made on their own that’s one thing, but if the club knew about their plans it’s quite another

The Castore thing is still up for debate. But in terms of attaining success at what cost, I’m absolutely fine with us achieving success by making very small, relatively harmless superficial changes such as advertising on the kits. As long as it’s still blue and it has our crest, that’s enough for me.

Cards at kiosks? Witchcraft!!!

Terrific news, in many Bisgrove has been as important a signing as Stevie. Under his watch we’ve become a forward thinking football club.

Words I never thought I could write even 3 seasons ago.
The cards at kiosks was in the planning way before Bisgrove appeared.

Ive said it for years we shouldve had contactless payment methods at the kiosks. You can shift more produce, fans get served quicker and I for one will be more inclined to go down and buy something.

I've seen me patching getting something from the Kiosk because I have forgotten cash so this is quite a decent improvement..

Bisgrove single handedly dragging the club in to the 21st century.
He'll not be around to enjoy the fruits of his labour if he carrie's the can for the castore catastrophe. BIG gamble to go with novices and so far the signs are very bad.

As much as Bisgrove is getting the plaudits for all this good on the board for hiring the guy in the first instance and backing him so much as too. Whilst we i]will make money on certain things some of it will need investment in the first instance

Good stuff, the new advertising boards will be able to increase our revenues in this field.

Card payments are a huge bonus. I rarely carry cash, so it’s not unusual that I don’t get anything from the kiosk. With card payment, I’m more inclined to grab a couple of things. Hopefully we substantially improve the catering offering for next season which again will enhance revenue.

Back