Morelos

Getting tired and weary of the soap opera called Alfie
Wake me up when it's all sorted.
zzzz zzzz zzzz

Should we call you 'Sleeping Beauty' when we reprise this in the January window? You sound like you are easily 'bored'. Imagine if you'd been a Barca fan having to put up with the Messi shit?

He’s been rotten in 2020 so he certainly isn’t our star man now.
[/QUOTElayer who played well since January
Based on what a couple of games into the new season? A bit early for us to be heaping that kind of pressure on the lad. Love Kent and if he can keep a run of form going then I would tend to agree but let's wait and see where we are a bit further down the line.

All of them. Alfredo is easily the best player at the club that's why we are going to sell him for a record fee. Sure he is not at top form right at the moment or this year but not sure anyone else in our team has been either.
2 goals and 2 assists in 4 games for Morelos
2 goals and 3 assists (I think) in 6 games for Kent, yet clearly folk have taken the huff and can't see that despite having his head turned and seemingly downing tools Alfredo is still out star man and will be until the day he leaves. I want him to leave btw but I want £20m and fully back the club in holding out for it

2 goals and 3 assists (I think) in 6 games for Kent, yet clearly folk have taken the huff and can't see that despite having his head turned and seemingly downing tools Alfredo is still out star man and will be until the day he leaves. I want him to leave btw but I want £20m and fully back the club in holding out for it

Del Boy hobby is bashing Alfie whenever possible, become pretty boring.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere didn't see it if it was !

In a fresh twist, however, bookmakers SkyBet have offered interesting odds on where Morelos will end up next, with Brighton in the betting - here’s how the full field looks:

Lille (6/4), Porto (5/1), Aston Villa (9/1), Bayer Leverkusen (10/1), Borussia Monchengladbach (10/1, Brighton (10/1), Sevilla (10/1), Shalke (12/1), West Brom (25/1) and Leeds United (33/1).

The 24-year-old striker has been with Rangers since 2017, netting 79 times in 142 appearances.
All odds correct at the time of writing. Over 18s only. Please gamble responsibly and Be Gamble Aware. www.begambleaware.org.

Let's hope there are a few clubs in for him as the money goes up.

Based on what a couple of games into the new season? A bit early for us to be heaping that kind of pressure on the lad. Love Kent and if he can keep a run of form going then I would tend to agree but let's wait and see where we are a bit further down the line.

All of them. Alfredo is easily the best player at the club that's why we are going to sell him for a record fee. Sure he is not at top form right at the moment or this year but not sure anyone else in our team has been either.

I mean, we're 6 games into the season; that's a bit more than a couple. It's pretty evident that Kent is thriving as the main man. It happens in football all the time. New players step up and relish the additional responsibility.

My wording of being "desperate" to see him leave is being overly scrutanized, as if my issue is with the person himself. In reality, we all know the player wants out and the manager wants to move him out. In that sense, the current stasis is of no benefit to either party. I also bet Ross Wilson and Gerrard already have their slice of the fee spent.

Come on. Firstly, Morelos is an out and out striker; Kent an attacking mid. It's unfair to use stats to beat the other with. Secondly, it was the manager himself who alluded that Morelos had downed tools in training, hence why he was dropped entirely from the squad. On the basis of this season, anyone who says they'd rather lose Kent than Morelos is at it.

“his values only going one direction and it certainly not up” - negative. Plus this is your opinion it’s not fact.
The longer he sits giving off that attitude the more suitors will be turned off. I don't know what he's paying his agent but he's giving him the wrong advice. Like the majority I can't wait til it's done and dusted.

Problem within Morelos is he’s a player that’s worth 40 million plus in ability but about 3 million mentality and attitude wise. Get him right and motivated and he’s a player but I think most managers will know it won’t take much before he starts to cause problems. Any club that has a solid and happy dressing room won’t want him near.

You just knew this transfer would drag on and on. It's not good for club or player.

Hopefully pick up after the international break.

Newcastle United have just paid £20m for a player 5 years older who's had three brutal knee injuries.

Grezda wasn’t on £30k a week

Grezda wasn’t valued at £20m

Morelos value is only going in one direction and it’s certainly not up
Thank christ you ain't selling any of our player's you would give them away for nothing. He's still our biggest seller I won't write the guy off after a few games after what he's done practically on his own for a few seasons

Except there’s not w chance any of them believe his value is increasing given his current form.

Let’s not pretend otherwise
I'm making no comment on the morelos situation, all I can say is that bud light owes you one mate.

Your the kind of guy I'd like having my back.

Morelos has 1 assist. The own goal doesn’t count as an assist for him according to sky sports.

Besides the point, stats aren’t everything. I mean no one is seriously telling me he’s had as much of an impact on our games so far this season than Kent, surely? It’s embarrassing and clutching at straws to even compare his contribution with Kent.

Kent is easily our star man now. Everything we do comes through him.

Morelos hasn’t had a good 90 minutes for us since the piggery on 29 December if we’re being completely honest.

“his values only going one direction and it certainly not up” - negative. Plus this is your opinion it’s not fact.

You say negative, I say realism.

He’s nowhere near the same player he was at the end of 2019. We’ve publicly made everyone aware that his attitude / application resulted in him being dropped.

So other than living in a fantasy land, in what way will his value increase when his performances are average at best, his contract expiration date gets closer with every transfer window and given he clearly wants to leave, chances of him signing a new deal again would be slim.

Gerrard said he had his head turned, a week later Gerrard said he is back in contention after knuckling down. I'm not sure what else you expected from someone that's being offered a move out of this shitty league. It's not wrong to become distracted by a potential move, it's very common as I'm sure you know fine well. The fact is Gerrard is happy enough to have him in the squad, that says for more than any angry internet warrior crying about his attitude.
Aye Gerrard was that happy he left the huffy shit cooling his heels in the stand or did you miss that?

His value has never increased, the fact is it's never decreased either from £20m otherwise we'd have accepted £16m, no?

We’ll soon see if it decreases from £20m because IMO we won’t get that. Hopefully €20m but even that’s looking unlikely given Lille haven’t came back in for him.

Morelos has 1 assist. The own goal doesn’t count as an assist for him according to sky sports.

Besides the point, stats aren’t everything. I mean no one is seriously telling me he’s had as much of an impact on our games so far this season than Kent, surely? It’s embarrassing and clutching at straws to even compare his contribution with Kent.

Kent is easily our star man now. Everything we do comes through him.

Morelos hasn’t had a good 90 minutes for us since the piggery on 29 December if we’re being completely honest.
Why so angry, the boys a talent. Gerrard is managing the situation as are the board. It clearly isn't to your liking but suck it up.
Outside Messi, every teams star player is and rightly should be their striker.
You also can't claim stats are a nonsense and then trot out a Sky Sports stat to double down on your views.
He's a cracking player who has allowed us to over achieve in Europe which has allowed us to bring in the likes of Hagi and Kent, enjoy him while we've got him.
£20m and not a penny less, it's really not that difficult

You said "Morelos done nothing wrong!" You said that not me, YOU!
So, what did I invent?

Dear oh dear. What I said was ‘IN THAT CONTEXT‘ Morelos had done nothing wrong. That context being letting his Agent talk to Lille. You might not want to believe it but that happens all the time. I can assure you Ross Wilson will be talking to Agents before we’ve agreed fees with their clubs. That's the way these things work.

If you can’t read and understand basic English we will get nowhere.

Dear oh dear. What I said was ‘IN THAT CONTEXT‘ Morelos had done nothing wrong. That context being letting his Agent talk to Lille. You might not want to believe it but that happens all the time. I can assure you Ross Wilson will be talking to Agents before we’ve agreed fees with their clubs. That's the way these things work.

He downed tools, he did wrong! If you think he did no wrong and you're happy with that then more fool you, mug!

Why so angry, the boys a talent. Gerrard is managing the situation as are the board. It clearly isn't to your liking but suck it up.
Outside Messi, every teams star player is and rightly should be their striker.
You also can't claim stats are a nonsense and then trot out a Sky Sports stat to double down on your views.
He's a cracking player who has allowed us to over achieve in Europe which has allowed us to bring in the likes of Hagi and Kent, enjoy him while we've got him.
£20m and not a penny less, it's really not that difficult

Until January, Morelos was the main man. Now it’s Kent as he’s shown so far this season.

I said stats aren’t everything when assessing players. By pointing out he has 1 assist as opposed to 2 is simply stating fact, not doubling down as you like to put it.

I’d be delighted if we got £20m. I just don’t see it and I suspect the board will have to adjust the asking price by a couple of million if we want to cash in on him.

Until January, Morelos was the main man. Now it’s Kent as he’s shown so far this season.

I said stats aren’t everything when assessing players. By pointing out he has 1 assist as opposed to 2 is simply stating fact, not doubling down as you like to put it.

I’d be delighted if we got £20m. I just don’t see it and I suspect the board will have to adjust the asking price by a couple of million if we want to cash in on him.
Prepared to be delighted then because we will either get the £20m or Gerrard will get us our main man back in form

The weight of the anti Morelos media and officials coming to its peak after the last game at the cesspit finished Alfs career in Scotland,I hope the long drawn out transfer saga will not tarnish the great memories he is leaving us with.

I see some numbers banded but does anyone actually know our club’s valuation of Alfie? I think it’s safe to say well over £16m. I don’t buy into the he’s got to go, he’ll never play again, he’ll sulk forever if he doesn’t get to go and his value will plummet rhetoric. I’ve no idea if we’ll get an offer anywhere close to our club’s valuation and as already pointed out, we have no control over what other clubs do. If the clubs valuation isn’t met, he’ll stay, Gerrard will put his dummy back in for him (wouldn’t be surprised if it’s back in already) and he’ll play a huge part of 55 this season. I simply love everything about the way our club is handling the situation. It’s win win however things pan out.

I see some numbers banded but does anyone actually know our club’s valuation of Alfie? I think it’s safe to say well over £16m. I don’t buy into the he’s got to go, he’ll never play again, he’ll sulk forever if he doesn’t get to go and his value will plummet rhetoric. I’ve no idea if we’ll get an offer anywhere close to our club’s valuation and as already pointed out, we have no control over what other clubs do. If the clubs valuation isn’t met, he’ll stay, Gerrard will put his dummy back in for him (wouldn’t be surprised if it’s back in already) and he’ll play a huge part of 55 this season. I simply love everything about the way our club is handling the situation. It’s win win however things pan out.
Robertson spoke at NARSA and was quoted as saying £20m and would only sell for a similar fee paid for Dembele

Can’t believe the way this thread has gone what happened to backing our player’s through their up and downs they are human after all, we all make mistakes in life and go off the rails sometimes, what ever happens with Alfie I’ll still be sad if he does go but he has given us some tremendous memories we should at least be thankful for.

People can argue about the value of his worth to the team, his statistics, discipline, goals in big games, etc, but ultimately it comes down to the interest shown in him by other teams. I think there's generally been such a severe lack of serious interest in him (manifesting itself in bids) that the many criticisms of him on here are absolutely valid.

Morelos has set his heart on leaving this transfer window and if we don’t agree a fee and offload him to suited interested buyers we could have a player who will down tools and value will plummet imo.

Was there a rumour, press fabrication or any other dubious source that suggested West Ham were interested in Alfie ?

I don't see them on the list of the betting odds

Morelos has set his heart on leaving this transfer window and if we don’t agree a fee and offload him to suited interested buyers we could have a player who will down tools and value will plummet imo.
This is a very big if, and we will not know the answer to any of this just yet. None of us will be privy to the extend of interest in he player, I think the reason for the lack of movement is as simple as is being made out. It will be concluded either way in the next month; this is when your points might be revelant.

Morelos has a fantastic record over the last two seasons

30 goals the season before last

29 last season including 14 in Europe

French Eddy the so called £20 million rated striker scored 3 in Europe last season, Morelos hit 6 in the group stages

French Eddy would love to have Morelos’s record in Europe but he doesn’t and is astonishingly worth millions for one good season in the SPFL

Back