Morelos

I’d welcome him back into the fold. He’s still the best striker on the books imo. I wouldn’t worry too much about him downing tools since he needs to keep his form up to keep his international spot and attract suitors. It would really work against him if he were to sulk

Surely him staying would be nothing but good for us on the pitch, we would have proper competition for striking places driving them all on to do better.

As for his value dropping due to his contract, did he not just sign a new contract again last season?

If he stays and is banging in goals his value will rise not diminish and any fans will give him the support that deserves. He's not the first player to want a move and not get it, nor the first to take the huff. If he puts it behind him then good on him as far as I'm concerned.

I still think he will move on but I certainly wouldn't be giving him away for anything under £18m. As I've suggested before, despite the Lille Chairman and his TalkSport interview I don't think Lille are even close. My guess is their bid was 16m Euros rather than Pounds Sterling and that's only a little over £14m. No chance we sell him for that.

All gone quiet...and window shuts in 3 weeks. Suppose he does stay one more season....what do you think? Not ideal as value drops again closer he gets to end of contract, but...

I personally think he would be #1 striker and would start, and I'd have Roofe and Kent with him.

But has he burned bridges? Would there be issues with coaches, players and fans? Any booing?

Or will he be welcomed back for one last shot at glory?
Gets back to what he was, all is forgiven for me anyway.

If he stays and is banging in goals his value will rise not diminish and any fans will give him the support that deserves. He's not the first player to want a move and not get it, nor the first to take the huff. If he puts it behind him then good on him as far as I'm concerned.

I still think he will move on but I certainly wouldn't be giving him away for anything under £18m. As I've suggested before, despite the Lille Chairman and his TalkSport interview I don't think Lille are even close. My guess is their bid was 16m Euros rather than Pounds Sterling and that's only a little over £14m. No chance we sell him for that.

No chance as £1.4m would go to HJK.....so a non starter.

I feel the vast majority of fans or more so followfollowers, wont forgive him, going by posts on here.

I want him to stay another season though. As long as hes willing to put the effort in. Its clear hes not been in the right frame of mind but you dont have to look too far back to see the Morelos we all love. If he can kick on again id be delighted. If hes just going to sit about sulking etc then he can %^*& off and i say that as someone who’s favourite Rangers player atm is Alfredo.

I still believe hes the best striker at the club but something needs to give one way or another as hes no use to us the way things are now. Really hope he sees sense and repays the faith with the type of performances we came to expect from him.

Will back him all the way provided he gives it his all and is motivated.

I really think him moving on would be good for everyone involved though.

I feel the vast majority of fans or more so followfollowers, wont forgive him, going by posts on here.

I want him to stay another season though. As long as hes willing to put the effort in. Its clear hes not been in the right frame of mind but you dont have to look too far back to see the Morelos we all love. If he can kick on again id be delighted. If hes just going to sit about sulking etc then he can %^*& off and i say that as someone who’s favourite Rangers player atm is Alfredo.

I still believe hes the best striker at the club but something needs to give one way or another as hes no use to us the way things are now. Really hope he sees sense and repays the faith with the type of performances we came to expect from him.
What said on here very rarely matches what is being said by the majority of match going fans.

Wouldn’t be booed. Not by any normal Rangers fan anyway. It’s counter productive too. I don’t see him as indispensable as I did before and I’ve lost a wee bit of the man love I had for him but if he’s to stay and puts the effort in then he can redeem himself.
If he doesn’t then he’s just an expensive asset we have sitting on the bench getting fatter.

He needs to go. Regardless if he contributes once the window shuts he would only down tools again once the next window comes around. The guy doesn’t want to be here and I think we’d get on better without the circus which follows him everywhere. This is on the assumption we are able to use any fee received to bring in other players.

Dangerous route to go down taking posts on here as a barometer - for a number of reasons. Many of those posters currently decrying Alfie are the same guys who frequent the match thread telling us one week we are 'f*cking brilliant man' and that 55 is around the corner and then the next week its 'we're shit, get Gerrard tae f*ck'.

FollowFollow these days is a mess. It becomes more and more like Twitter every day.

Head down, gets himself fit, in shape and on form. He'll have to fight for his place as can no longer be a guaranteed starter.

He'll be supported if he does the above.

If he doesn't then he will be in the bench/stands and rightly so.

Dangerous route to go down taking posts on here as a barometer - for a number of reasons. Many of those posters currently decrying Alfie are the same guys who frequent the match thread telling us one week we are 'f*cking brilliant man' and that 55 is around the corner and then the next week its 'we're shit, get Gerrard tae f*ck'.

FollowFollow these days is a mess. It becomes more and more like Twitter every day.
Aye i should have worded it better but that's basically what i meant lol.

It's not a case of forgiving him. The optimum outcome here is we get our money, he gets his move. Win, win for both because he clearly doesn't want to be here.

He's been a wonderful signing for us and if he screws the nut he can go as far as he wants but we're 4 seasons in now and the same problems keep surfacing - ill discipline, attitude, barren spells lasting weeks if not months.

I'm quite happy to take my chances with Roofe and Itten going forward rather than risking Morelos self destructing yet another time.

If he stays ? I'm not sure we can trust him. Do we really think it's not going to blow up in our face for the 4th season running ?

I don’t think he starts on Saturday , this is what I’m expecting the front 4 to look like

Hagi Aribo kent
Roofe

It's not a case of forgiving him. The optimum outcome here is we get our money, he gets his move. Win, win for both because he clearly doesn't want to be here.

He's been a wonderful signing for us and if he screws the nut he can go as far as he wants but we're 4 seasons in now and the same problems keep surfacing - ill discipline, attitude, barren spells lasting weeks if not months.

I'm quite happy to take my chances with Roofe and Itten going forward rather than risking Morelos self destructing yet another time.

If he stays ? I'm not sure we can trust him. Do we really think it's not going to blow up in our face for the 4th season running ?
Him staying will also have an impact on that midfielder we all want.

If he stays, I don’t see a problem if he applies himself.But I think the best option for both parties is,he goes at a fee suitable to the club.

I don’t think he would get any negativity from the stands, but he would have to show us he’s focused and disciplined in every game to get back the relationship he had with the support previously.

Would be delighted if he stays.. can’t deny that he needs to get fitter this season but I’ve never bought that downing tools patter, just had spells in and out of form (like any player).

We need good players to make a title challenge and Alfredo is a good player. Simple as that!

Usual panto stuff.

If he stays, first game back with fans he may get a boo from a minority before the rapturous applause from the majority to show support.

If he scores goals, folk will support him regardless of how they may feel.

Him staying will also have an impact on that midfielder we all want.

AND (only my opinion) we've bought Hagi, Roofe and Itten fully expecting to punt someone in order to help fund it, almost certainly Morelos.

So if not Morelos, what happens if it's now Barisic or Kent who 'have' to go to help get the crucial midfielder in ?

AND (only my opinion) we've bought Hagi, Roofe and Itten fully expecting to punt someone in order to help fund it, almost certainly Morelos.

So if not Morelos, what happens if it's now Barisic or Kent who 'have' to go to help get the crucial midfielder in ?

If we 'have' to make a sale it won't be Barisic or Kent. It will be Kamara. If he's available there would be enough interest.

There will be no problems with Alfie at all.If he tries his best and doesn’t chuck it then he will have absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Don’t judge anything by posts on here, when Barry Ferguson was being signed from Blackburn there were predictions of fights in the stands and his every touch being booed for being a ‘Judas’, first game back and the whole of Hampden were singing his name vs Dundee United.

Fact is if Morelos stays, gets back on form and starts banging in the goals fans won’t care if he wanted a move previously.

If the board are relying on the sale of Morelos to fund all our transfers including Roofe and itten then that is utterly poor on so many levels. The fact we went and bought Roofe and itten before Morelos was sold makes it even more bizzarre.

All gone quiet...and window shuts in 3 weeks. Suppose he does stay one more season....what do you think? Not ideal as value drops again closer he gets to end of contract, but...

I personally think he would be #1 striker and would start, and I'd have Roofe and Kent with him.

But has he burned bridges? Would there be issues with coaches, players and fans? Any booing?

Or will he be welcomed back for one last shot at glory?
I can’t see him staying. It’s a game of who blinks first

If the board are relying on the sale of Morelos to fund all our transfers including Roofe and itten then that is utterly poor on so many levels. The fact we went and bought Roofe and itten before Morelos was sold makes it even more bizzarre.
And if we had sold him and dropped points because it takes a few days to get players in and longer to get them up to speed, we would have been furious

I don't think this is the case. We have the money to buy those two no problem.

You can’t fake motivation for an entire season.

1,2,5,10 games maybe. If he stays we will be back on the same subject in the next transfer window.

agree no chance have they taken a punt thinking morelos is gone if that is the case that would be a shocking case of mismanagement

If we are keeping Morelos then it should only happen if he is willing and able to get back to being the guy we loved.

Since the turn of the year he hasn't given us the return we know he is capable of.

There will be no problems with Alfie at all.If he tries his best and doesn’t chuck it then he will have absolutely no problems whatsoever.
All indications have suggested there are going to be problems given he's already downed tools and looks disinterested and clearly wants away, i don't get where the confidence comes from that he'll come back and start firing goals in for us again when he hasn't kicked a ball for us for the good part of a year

All indications have suggested there are going to be problems given he's already downed tools and looks disinterested and clearly wants away, i don't get where the confidence comes from that he'll come back and start firing goals in for us again when he hasn't kicked a ball for us for the good part of a year

The confidence comes from wishful thinking posters that don’t like hearing the harsh reality of the situation

Ok what are these indications your speaking of?Where has this info come from?Are you saying he is going to have problems with the fans?The guys a Rangers player.If he does his best we will back the guy all the way..It’s an opinion mate.I think the wee man will come back firing the goals in.Im confident if he stays he will return to his goal scoring self.You don’t think that no problem.

We didn’t need to sell Morelos to bring in Roofe and Itten.

Would be a worry though if we didn’t make the Europa group stages after spending over £10m this summer.

We sold not far off half a million tickets for the Europa run last season and made the last 16 yet still ran at a loss.

Would be a worry though if we didn’t make the Europa group stages after spending over £10m this summer.

We sold not far off half a million tickets for the Europa run last season and made the last 16 yet still ran at a loss.

Last years Europa League run wasn't in the Accounts, it was the previous season run. In fairness, it was only 1 round less. Last season I estimate the gate receipts for Europe alone would have been circa £6m. That will reflect in the Accounts published in November/December for the period up to June this year.

If he stays and Gerrard trusts him, then great for us.

Imagine him leaving for millions and having never won Silverware in Scotland? That'd be a canny trivia question in years to come.

Ok what are these indications your speaking of?Where has this info come from?Are you saying he is going to have problems with the fans?The guys a Rangers player.If he does his best we will back the guy all the way..It’s an opinion mate.I think the wee man will come back firing the goals in.Im confident if he stays he will return to his goal scoring self.You don’t think that no problem.
I mean our own manager has said on numerous occasions his heads been turned and he's had to drop him for lack of effort in training, never mind the fact he's been awful compared to his form before Christmas i think that's pretty damming evidence to suggest he'll back back to his old self anytime soon

I mean our own manager has said on numerous occasions his heads been turned and he's had to drop him for lack of effort in training, never mind the fact he's been awful compared to his form before Christmas i think that's pretty damming evidence to suggest he'll back back to his old self anytime soon
I understand the manager has said this and I think this was put out there to gee him up a bit.He must have improved a little he was a sub in the next game.I have every confidence in Alfie coming good.

I’d welcome him back into the fold. He’s still the best striker on the books imo. I wouldn’t worry too much about him downing tools since he needs to keep his form up to keep his international spot and attract suitors. It would really work against him if he were to sulk

I think a lot are still in denial where Alfie is concerned.

His form since the turn of the year has been really poor, certainly when compared to his own previously high standard. There were excuses made for him due to being out through suspension and then needing longer to shed the extra pounds gained over the winter shutdown.

It only served to ignore that his application in several games during that period was dreadful and would not have been tolerated had it been any other player.

So my question there is: if winning a move elsewhere and continuing to impress the Colombian boss are his main motivating factors, why has there been little evidence of it on the pitch since January?

I don’t think we can expect or rely on him to return to his best form if a move fails to materialise and really it would be best for all concerned that he leaves during this window.

I understand the manager has said this and I think this was put out there to gee him up a bit.He must have improved a little he was a sub in the next game.I have every confidence in Alfie coming good.
I hope so but I really can't see it the 16 million we were offered looks alot better for us right now imo

Last years Europa League run wasn't in the Accounts, it was the previous season run. In fairness, it was only 1 round less. Last season I estimate the gate receipts for Europe alone would have been circa £6m. That will reflect in the Accounts published in November/December for the period up to June this year.

That extra Bayer game was £2M in gate receipts alone, which we managed to get played by the skin of teeth then throw in the extra TV money.

More points and a higher finish in the groups meant more prize money, overall probably grossed £3M+ more last season than the season before.

Can't believe folk still think if he stays that he won't perform. The same pish levelled at him every transfer window yet he still gets better each season. You have to factor in the prospect of him making the Colombia squad for the Copa next year as well. If he does not perform he can kiss good bye to that.

I'm not so sure what the big deal is he stays we have a top player on our books if he is sold then we take in a huge amount of cash. WIN-WIN.

Only draw back to this is the timeframe to bring in a replacement any any other players the manager would like.

Back