Two Club 1872 directors have reisgned

Bobby Nobby

Alan Fraser away back on July 14th and Stuart McQuarrie on September 1st. Anyone know why and why the members haven't been informed? Will they need elections or an AGM to get replacements.

I wonder who Bisgrove is pretending he's talking to over the Castore failings then if another two of the board members aren't there?

That narrows it down the options significantly...

Alan Fraser away back on July 14th and Stuart McQuarrie on September 1st. Anyone know why and why the members haven't been informed? Will they need elections or an AGM to get replacements.
Secret vote in the lounge. Get your posts up quick, or miss out.

Is that you Isa ?
tenor.gif

Stuart McQuarrie retired from his day job (Chaplain of Glasgow University) in August, so could be simply that he's got better things to do!

Alan Fraser lasted just five months. MacQuarrie hasn't resigned from other positions in voluntary organisations. Neither resignation notified to members.

Could be nothing in it where these 2 gents are concerned of course, but broadly there does seem to be a little loosening of the apparently tight relationship between Club 1872 leadership & Rangers Executives, as suggested by the recent Castore exchanges/non-exchanges.

Am not sure who to lose faith in first about it - Club 1872 or Rangers...

I was going to post similar.

suspect the good Rev is simply stepping back to enjoy his retirement
Really?
So The Rangers Daft Rev has retired and you don’t think it would be easier to spend some time on C1872?
It’s ok for C1872 to demand transparency from the club but they don’t give important info like 2 resignations any publicity?
Had Alan Fraser retired too?
Something’s not right here

I wonder who Bisgrove is pretending he's talking to over the Castore failings then if another two of the board members aren't there?

That narrows it down the options significantly...

The poster who was at the focus group has said Bisgrove didn’t say that, just that the board will be speaking to C1872 directly.

Yup. Club1872 have formerly had decent relations with the club, why the sudden change in attitude toward the club?
MYGERS is a dripping roast of continuous cash, c1872 is not takes a while to raise £1m and shares have to be issued.MG can raise that in a few months, and no real outlay from the club.

Really?
So The Rangers Daft Rev has retired and you don’t think it would be easier to spend some time on C1872?
It’s ok for C1872 to demand transparency from the club but they don’t give important info like 2 resignations any publicity?
Correct

The poster who was at the focus group has said Bisgrove didn’t say that, just that the board will be speaking to C1872 directly.

He said that the Board were already talking to them according to that screengrab which C1872 have denied

I thought it was clear but I was meaning Bisgrove / The Board as a collective (as in "The Club") as far as the club go when I was talking about engagement with c1872

Aye. Right.

not really sure why a few posters are being a bit snippy about this, as if it's not a perfectly legitimate question.

Both McQuarrie and Fraser stood for election 6 months ago, but have resigned very quickly. McQuarrie less of an issue, he had done a good spell, but Alan Fraser was appointed and quit over the space of 5 months. Is that not a reason to ask a question as to what happened?

It’s the same with all these things. If you have the support united behind the fans vehicle they hold the power and influence with the club. We don’t we’re a mess when it comes to this type of thing. Fundamentally you need a large subscription base per size of club. Hearts do but they are tiny as a club and it’s relatively easy to achieve by comparison.

disappointing but that’s the facts.

im glad we have genuine rangers supporters in control for the first time since I can remember.

A lot of club 1872s former strength was based upon Dave Kings relationship with Chris Graham. Given that Kings left perhaps that's meant a change in relationship.
To be fair I'm not overly bothered, I look back on my time on the C1872 board as time wasted.
Why was it time wasted M10? What were the good and bad things about being on the Board of C1872?

It's the same people at c1872. I suspect the change of tone is to do with the Castore stuff. However they are there to hold the club to account and so far they are doing that.

Really?
I agree something is not right, I have emailed a few times asking when the member's meetings are, never had a reply to my request.
Must be 3 years since we had a meeting, how can they complain about transparency when they ignore it themselves?

Check my post with the screengrab.

Said poster said exactly that. Bisgrove says "the board are speaking to C1872 separately"

He didn't say exactly that at all. It's certainly not clear from that screenshot whether the poster meant discussions between C1872 and the Club had already started or would be in the future.

He didn't say exactly that at all. It's certainly not clear from that screenshot whether the poster meant discussions between C1872 and the Club had already started or would be in the future.

"Are being held" is as plain as the nose on your face.

Not "will be held"

"Are"

The fact they don’t have any board representation is mental to me, it really is. However, if the board aren’t willing to accommodate them then I don’t see why C1872 should do anything other than play it right down the middle with the club and just say it like it is.

I nominated Stuart for 1872, he is one of the most decent human beings you could ever meet. I have known him for a long number of years, Cranhill boy. Without going into any details at this time, there is a lot more to it, He is still on a few Voluntary Boards
So you've not said anything but opened a can of worms :D

"Are being held" is as plain as the nose on your face.

Not "will be held"

"Are"
I took the post same as yourself, it looked to me as if there had been some sort of communication between them as well, something smells about the whole situation & no doubt it will all come out in the wash sometime.

Back