Two Club 1872 directors have reisgned

Are Rangers aware of the internal issues at Club 1872 and is that why they've been kept at arm's length over the Castore problems?

Rev MacQuarrie's email is very concerning.

It is probably more to do with the make-up of our current board/owners, who I suspect have little to no time for fan involvement in business affairs whether they are shareholders or not.

It is probably more to do with the make-up of our current board/owners, who I suspect have little to no time for fan involvement in business affairs whether they are shareholders or not.
So it’s the Boards fault that C1872 are in turmoil, resignations and misinformation about the club.

So it’s the Boards fault that C1872 are in turmoil, resignations and misinformation about the club.

What you on about?

The response was to why C1872 have been kept at arms length from Castore issues and stating my opinion for what I feel the boards thoughts are towards C1872.

The posters now confirmed on another thread that you misinterpreted what he posted.

So you can put your tinfoil hat away and stop talking shite.

Not so much "I've misinterpreted" as he got it wrong then if that's actually the case.

I'll save the rest of my response to you from getting me a ban.

Last edited:
You just know that club1872 will come out with a statement soon that insinuates that McQuarrie was an issue hence why he resigned.

Seems those in power within it are determined to run it into the ground

Would be as well starting a new group every fan can get behind without any previous politics involved

absolutely, and they need to be both transparent and always aware that they are there to represent those members. Not be on what I used to call a ‘member-subsidised ego trip’ - anyone in an elected position anywhere needs to be wary of becoming to self-important and believing that they know gear without consultation.
The whole idea of being a Director of Club 1872 is to carry out the wishes of the members, not put out emails with a yes or no to projects. We should always have an informed choice.I would also like to know how many votes, not the % of the vote.
Everything should be open to scrutiny.

You just know that club1872 will come out with a statement soon that insinuates that McQuarrie was an issue hence why he resigned.

Would be as well starting a new group every fan can get behind without any previous politics involved
I would welcome a statement from them, would get interesting

Yeah, because all the infighting and bitching to always find within Rangers supporters groups would then disappear...

Useless really, couldn't care about the fans wanting Safe Standing for years and pandered to the Board.
Not sure we should concentrate on one particular idea, as it would be difficult to get the Club to implement an idea that they weren't comfortable with. I think it would have helped if we could have been told any concerns the Club had.
Transparency is a very good tool if used properly

What you on about?

The response was to why C1872 have been kept at arms length from Castore issues and stating my opinion for what I feel the boards thoughts are towards C1872.
Thought you were suggesting the Board don’t want C1872 to have success?
You said the businessmen Directors don’t want fans involved.
I’m saying there’s a bit of nonsense going on at C1872 but it’s nothing to do with the board

Not sure we should concentrate on one particular idea, as it would be difficult to get the Club to implement an idea that they weren't comfortable with. I think it would have helped if we could have been told any concerns the Club had.
Transparency is a very good tool if used properly
Why release a register for interest then come out with talks going well and feasibility studies are being carried out and then totally patch it. I can find a list of all the RSCs that backed it along with Club1872 having thousands of names of those who were interested. Would of been nice to find out earlier rather than 3 years down the pipeline.

I don't see why we wouldn't implement it if it's cost effective etc even Kilmarnock has it?

Why release a register for interest then come out with talks going well and feasibility studies are being carried out and then totally patch it. I can find a list of all the RSCs that backed it along with Club1872 having thousands of names of those who were interested. Would of been nice to find out earlier rather than 3 years down the pipeline.

I don't see why we wouldn't implement it if it's cost effective etc even Kilmarnock has it?
I have no idea as I am a big supporter of safe standing and in fact tried to get RF to approach the Club before Celtic trialed it

I have no idea as I am a big supporter of safe standing and in fact tried to get RF to approach the Club before Celtic trialed it
That's great, I don't know if it's the Board not liking the UB for some of the stuff they have did in the past but it would be a night and day difference in terms of atmosphere imo.

surprised this email isn't getting more attention... can he not provide any more info on when folk might hear about this?
Ask yourself why all the people who were good for club1872 have left including one who has posted on this thread and you'll have your answer.

There is a full time administrator employed by Club 1872.
Someone mentioned this earlier.
I struggle to see the point investing in something that spends the income on good causes.
The shares will get diluted regularly.
Its also obvious the board etc are not interested in Club 1872.

Not so much "I've misinterpreted" as he got it wrong then if that's actually the case.

I've spoken to a few people about Bisgrove. I'll save the rest of my response to you from getting me a ban.

f32.png

Maybe you should've waited until it was clarified before going of on your wee conspiracy theory crusade.

Because someone said they should never have merged.Im saying it was the right think to do as RF was a bit toothless for me.
Why criticise a group which hasn't existed for years?

That's literally the most pointless post I've read on here in hours.

Ask yourself why all the people who were good for club1872 have left including one who has posted on this thread and you'll have your answer.

So who is it that’s the problem?

I’m not being funny or playing dumb. I stopped keeping tracks on it after I withdrew my membership over a year ago

Has there been a mainstay person causing issues?

Well aye reading between the lines I can do that. But sounds like something serious in particular has happened?

I’m not being funny or playing dumb. I stopped keeping tracks on it after I withdrew my membership over a year ago

There’s a common denominator for many who have been involved directly or indirectly and have left. It’ll be interesting to see if the latest two are the same.

Don't think it's my place to point fingers at individuals, I'm only going on my own dealings with people who are still there,not with the ones who have left, the former director who posted on here is who i dealt with and his heart was in it 100% and gave up a lot to try and make it work and was an asset to Club1872,had some great ideas and i was pretty shocked when he told me he had resigned.

I can't speak for the two other people that have resigned, but posters on here have said they were good people and speak highly of them, same as Rev McQuarrie who was also a good person and good to have around and he's also left.

I gave up my club1872 membership when they blocked me on twitter for disagreeing with a statement, as they did with many supporters. They seem to just be a continual shit show

Don't think it's my place to point fingers at individuals, I'm only going on my own dealings with people who are still there,not with the ones who have left, the former director who posted on here is who i dealt with and his heart was in it 100% and gave up a lot to try and make it work and was an asset to Club1872,had some great ideas and i was pretty shocked when he told me he had resigned.

I can't speak for the two other people that have resigned, but posters on here have said they were good people and speak highly of them, same as Rev McQuarrie who was also a good person and good to have around and he's also left.

The girl Laura? Her name has been around for a while?

First thing's first.

When are the membership going to be told officially and via Club 1872 comms channels that 2 of the 5 directors have resigned?

This leaves 3 - is this enough for a quorum as per Club 1872 regulations? I genuinely don't know the answer.

Open & transparent - that's what is required right now. What happened, where we are right now, what's next. Because, and this is a guess, I'm assuming the remaining directors need help?

There needs to be an AGM or even an EGM where we can hear from remaining and resigned directors and all are up for re-election.
As a corporate governance, audit, risk professional who implemented good practice in city asset managers something stinks and is worrying

When the RF and RST joined together, we had I believe something in the region of 14K members ( not sure how accurate) now I believe we have 7K members
If this was a proper Company, the people in charge would have resigned by now
I'm one of the 7K who no longer contribute. It boils my piss no end that it always ends up in personal conflicts. The whole point of the fkkin thing is to support the club and interact with fans, not to feed egos or whatever other reasons cause these conflicts.

If the Rev MacQuarrie thinks there is an issue with club1872 then I would listen.

Exactly. This is a genuine concern and should be fully explained to members. The fact it hasn’t is equally concerning. Suggests all is not well. Just needs some communication.

Back