Two Club 1872 directors have reisgned

First thing's first.

When are the membership going to be told officially and via Club 1872 comms channels that 2 of the 5 directors have resigned?

This leaves 3 - is this enough for a quorum as per Club 1872 regulations? I genuinely don't know the answer.

Open & transparent - that's what is required right now. What happened, where we are right now, what's next. Because, and this is a guess, I'm assuming the remaining directors need help?
This is it for me. Additionally, how can Club 1872 call for openness and transparency from the club whilst we’ve heard not a peep about the resignation of two directors for “serious” reasons that are solely to do with Club 1872? The silence undermines their position and the longer it goes on, the longer than might be fatal to the organisation which, as you rightly say, clearly now needs the help of us members.

The Rev MacQuarrie emailed me this morning with this which he has since said he is happy to have published in this thread by means of clarification.

This post Deserves a wider forum or thread of its own . Here we have a genuine , respectful man of his word citing serious issues . I’m amazed it hasn’t been given more attention .

What on earth is going on at 1872 ?

I'm one of the 7K who no longer contribute. It boils my piss no end that it always ends up in personal conflicts. The whole point of the fkkin thing is to support the club and interact with fans, not to feed egos or whatever other reasons cause these conflicts.
If you no longer contribute then your opinion is null and void.
It's like people complaining about the government but don't vote

When the RF and RST joined together, we had I believe something in the region of 14K members ( not sure how accurate) now I believe we have 7K members
If this was a proper Company, the people in charge would have resigned by now
It must be less than 7K Robert. I cancelled by subs 2 and a bit years ago. I felt they were happy with 7K subscriptions and didn’t want to push for more.

"Are taking place" means they're happening now.

Club1872 have said they're not.

Keep an eye on Bisgrove. Something is happening with the entire situation that is for the watching.

I’m not sure why Bisgrove is being targeted here for comms. Robertson is the MD and leader of the ship. How he is getting away with this and letting the focus go on his team underlines he’s a glorified FD looking at it externally.

Club 1872 was a great idea, and it still could be. It is being undermined by the usual lack of professionalism and leadership which plagues so many other such organisations. It is imperative that it gets back to its raison d'être, i.e. representing the interests of the Rangers fans, before all goodwill towards the project dissipates entirely.

Doesn’t McQuarrie get a cushy seat in the Director’s Box because of his Chaplin role at the club? Shouldn’t have been on the board for that conflictive reason alone.

Would love to know the full story of why he’s left.

Club 1872 was a great idea, and it still could be. It is being undermined by the usual lack of professionalism and leadership which plagues so many other such organisations. It is imperative that it gets back to its raison d'être, i.e. representing the interests of the Rangers fans, before all goodwill towards the project dissipates entirely.
Sadly, that ship has sailed

Disagree

Too much has happened for it to take off again

It needs binned.

A new group would be needed, free of any controversial figures that split the support

That’s the spirit.

Club 1872could be great again - the current directors seem to be barnacles on the boat.

I have been involved previously there has been zero change or publicly evident improvement since I was no longer involved circa three years ago. In my opinion there are far to many schemes now on the go and all fighting for the same £ and I full restructure is needed. You have -

season tickets
My gers
Rangers pools
Rangers lotto
Bricks
Rising stars
Club 1872

that’s before you’re into merchandise, match day spend etc.

Silly question, but when/if Club 1872 does down the tubes (as far as I'm aware there are only three board members left) what happens to the shares?

As an aside, I just checked my account and it says the status of my subscription is "Dormant" and it was last paid 2017-07-23.

Which is a surprise considering the monthly fee has been coming out on the first of the month without fail?

As an aside, I just checked my account and it says the status of my subscription is "Dormant" and it was last paid 2017-07-23.

Which is a surprise considering the monthly fee has been coming out on the first of the month without fail?
Mine is on hold for some reason

Disagree

It needs binned.

A new group would be needed, free of any controversial figures that split the support

And the same controversial figures would want a seat at the table again. Clowns like Alan Harris would benefit from a "fresh start" and the new vehicle would be ruined fairly quickly.

C1872 can and should still succeed.

I agree with BB that there is a lot vying for your monthly pound but it's got a different outcome as an end game.

Our current board shouldn't be ostracising it either as a 10% stakeholder

Disagree

It needs binned.

Who are the ’controversial figures who split the support‘ who are currently involved? Genuine question by the way. I’ve no idea who is involved only that they were all elected by the membership.

That is concerning, really hope that the serious reasons Rev. McQuarrie left aren't of legal consequence.

I just checked my account and it said On Hold. All I had to do was update the subscription and it looks ok now. Having been a member for a while, it seems there may be some problems. I as a member would like updated if this is the case. The people in charge should at all times be held accountable, and be honest and open.

I just checked my account and it said On Hold. All I had to do was update the subscription and it looks ok now. Having been a member for a while, it seems there may be some problems. I as a member would like updated if this is the case. The people in charge should at all times be held accountable, and be honest and open.
How do you update it mate i looked and couldn't see anything about updating ?

Club 1872 is a fantastic idea and the fact we have gotten so far with it is nothing but good news.

The internal wrangling however is concerning and not having Stuart McQuarrie on the bird any longer really does concern me.

We need to introduce term limits to the board members. There is no reason for the same people to be running it, the RFC board has changed since club 1872 was set up, as should Club 1872.

I’d urge everyone to keep paying their fees. The bigger picture will always be more important than internal strife.

Just checked my own account and it says on hold, with no subscriptions active. Bit concerning given my payments have never stopped.

Last edited:
Club 1872 is a fantastic idea and the fact we have gotten so far with it is nothing but good news.

The internal wrangling however is concerning and not having Stuart McQuarrie on the bird any longer really does concern me.

We need to introduce term limits to the board members. There is no reason for the same people to be running it, the RFC board has changed since club 1872 was set up, as should Club 1872.

I’d urge everyone to keep paying their fees. The bigger picture will always be more important than internal strife.

Just checked my own account and it says on hold, with no subscriptions active. Bit concerning given my payments have never stopped.
Yip no subscriptions for me aswell as account on hold

Who are the ’controversial figures who split the support‘ who are currently involved? Genuine question by the way. I’ve no idea who is involved only that they were all elected by the membership.
Yeah, this is a mystery to me (as a member) and am sure to many others - what on earth has been going on that was so controversial?

And as for splitting the support, again this was news to me - is the support referred to that within Club 1972 (a mere 7,000 of them now apparently) or the much wider support as a whole, that clearly don't pay much attention to Club 1872. Where, why, and when was the support split?

I could be wrong but I think the remaining three board members are Laura Fawkes, Euan MacFarlane and Joanne Percival.

I could be wrong but I think the remaining three board members are Laura Fawkes, Euan MacFarlane and Joanne Percival.

Laura and Joanne are ex-RST if I remember correctly and hardly ‘controversial or divisive‘ I wouldn’t have thought. I don’t know who Euan McFarlane is tbh. It doesn’t sound like a hotbed of ‘blazer-chasers’ based on those three names.

Seems to me that every fans group we have ever had ends up the same way

Seems like people get pretty wrapped up in their own importance then it all turns to shit very quickly

Another shambles

Whatever is going on, or has gone on, it would be nice to have a bit of transparency on the situation for all of us members who continue to put faith into the board by contributing to the cause every month.

I appreciate not every C1872 messageboard rumour that suddenly appears on here or elsewhere should trigger a response from the C1872 board - far from it. However, the post earlier with the email from former board member Mr MacQuarrie, leads to more questions than answers.

Transparency.

Laura and Joanne are ex-RST if I remember correctly and hardly ‘controversial or divisive‘ I wouldn’t have thought. I don’t know who Euan McFarlane is tbh. It doesn’t sound like a hotbed of ‘blazer-chasers’ based on those three names.

Laura Fawkes was never involved in the RST except perhaps as a member.

Just looked on sign up page , says , donations and subscriptions are temporarily unavailable.

Response from Club 1872:

"We have recently been updating our system and our Webmaster had put all our members' accounts 'on hold' in the 'My Account' area of our website until he was sure everything was working okay. This has now been completed and members' accounts are gradually being made active as their payments are being made.

The next member update is due out tomorrow and there will be a further update on the website upgrade included in it".

Back