Two Club 1872 directors have reisgned

Forget Rangers First,they were apolitical which is no good to anybody.
Rangers First CIC was apolitical as a body, every single individual member I knew joined to force Regime change.
We raised about a million pounds towards buying shares to vote the last Board out, not bad for being ' no good to anybody'.
We only got Regime change because we had enough votes to oust them
Dave King didn't think RF was ' no good to anyone'
You are being very insulting to at least 12000 Rangers fans.

Last edited:
Those individuals would find it easy to get on the board/gain some control?
The people I am talking about have enough self-belief and do not need the 'Ego' of being a Club 1872 Board member but would put the Support and the Club first.
After all the Support and the Club are the one and the same

The people I am talking about have enough self-belief and do not need the 'Ego' of being a Club 1872 Board member but would put the Support and the Club first.
Should have said that the Directors of Club 1872 should have no control, they are there purely to express the views of the Members.
A bit difficult as no one can remember exactly the last time we had a meeting to express our views

Sorry Robert, but you haven't answered the question that was posed.

So by the process of elimination peoples problems are with Laura Fawkes?

Reading between the lines it appears so , although it would perhaps be prudent to give her a chance to defend herself against these allegations . It’s all very saddening to hear , when we are doing so well in other areas of the club . The reverend Macquarie’s words worry me - we should be seeking this to be clarified ASAP

Whatever is going on, or has gone on, it would be nice to have a bit of transparency on the situation for all of us members who continue to put faith into the board by contributing to the cause every month.

I appreciate not every C1872 messageboard rumour that suddenly appears on here or elsewhere should trigger a response from the C1872 board - far from it. However, the post earlier with the email from former board member Mr MacQuarrie, leads to more questions than answers.

Transparency.
Rangers First CIC was apolitical as a body, every single individual member I knew joined to force Regime change.
We raised about a million pounds towards buying shares to vote the last Board out, not bad for being ' no good to anybody'.
I say Robert talking about RF in those terms will get this thread binned

Reading between the lines it appears so , although it would perhaps be prudent to give her a chance to defend herself against these allegations . It’s all very saddening to hear , when we are doing so well in other areas of the club . The reverend Macquarie’s words worry me - we should be seeking this to be clarified ASAP
It was a post and run earlier mate but I agree about giving her the right to defend herself, it's quite clear it is her they're talking about but no one has the bollocks to say it. Little wonder any supporters group ends up a sham when there is a thread like this full of adults hinting about stuff like children.

I don't know nor have I ever met Laura but this thread is an embarrassment.

Seville Loyal:)

It was a post and run earlier mate but I agree about giving her the right to defend herself, it's quite clear it is her they're talking about but no one has the bollocks to say it. Little wonder any supporters group ends up a sham when there is a thread like this full of adults hinting about stuff like children.

I don't know nor have I ever met Laura but this thread is an embarrassment.
Disagree

Too much has happened for it to take off again

It needs binned.

A new group would be needed, free of any controversial figures that split the support
Why is people seeking explanations embarrassing?

Checked my details and seem to be on hold , tells me to update details but I can't find a way to do it. They must be losing some amount of money. I never knew I was on hold till all this cropped up on the thread.

Checked my details and seem to be on hold , tells me to update details but I can't find a way to do it. They must be losing some amount of money. I never knew I was on hold till all this cropped up on the thread.

You didn’t read post #199 did you?;) Furthermore, reading a few other posts it appears that contributions have continued as normal. Check your bank account and all should be apparent on that score I guess.

Certainly appears some clarity for members is needed nevertheless.

As a member, this worries me. Organisations always have ego and egotists in them, but C1872 seems to have been very quiet other than the Castore post recently.

I was one of those expelled as a non-share subscription RST member so had to rejoin rather than transfer over, so my feelings towards C1872 have alway been mixed, but I support the idea of a fans body that has a sizeable share holding.

However, I’m beginning to wonder what the point of it actually is. There has been little to no interaction with the members beyond ‘give us your money’ Campaigning? Holding RFC to account? The idea of a C1872 rep on the board is an ideal, but it doesn’t need to be a C1872 board member, but someone who meets the qualification to BE a Rangers board member.

There seems to be a lack of enthusiasm at club 1872 and too me its being run like a part time job.
Its not very organised.
The phrase “ its ma ba and your not getting a shot “ comes to mind.

There seems to be a lack of enthusiasm at club 1872 and too me its being run like a part time job.
Its not very organised.
The phrase “ its ma ba and your not getting a shot “ comes to mind.
You need to give something like !872, RST, RF all the time it needs not the time when it suits you.
It is a big commitment

I offered to assist having been in business for many years and had sold part of my company.
So have business acumen and time.
I would be concerned with the way it is being managed.

Another new group, what a great idea. Rip up a perfectly good formula instead of fixing things with an EGM.

Damage has already been done IMO

The merge of RF and RST into what is basically now c1872 meant from the start it was always going to be hard to get everyone on board given that some sections of fans had issues with the RST and RF

This is the thing, people want different things from c1872, personally I just want them to be a fan ownership vehicle and would rather we got no fan activism from them.

My biggest gripe with Club1872 is that they were desperate for a seat on the board. I personally wanted them to push for larger numbers that would allow them to buy more shares. The potential is huge for a fans ownership model for Rangers.

It is the way the conversation is going that is embarrassing, nudge nudge wink wink Laura Laura etc just come out and say what it is or why bother? Adults acting like 6th form prefects who are in the know.
Not nudge nudge for me. I want to see proper governance from a 5% Shareholder Group that’s representing us. We can hardly complain about transparency when this is being run like a closed shop.

Back