Pathetic Quality From Castore

I think the fact people are still debating how the meeting should have went, and the fact alot of people still have so many questions about Castore Rangers products shows this was nowhere good enough to put our minds at rest. Add in the complete silence from club, means many including myself will be holding back spending money on club merch.

I think the fact people are still debating how the meeting should have went, and the fact alot of people still have so many questions about Castore Rangers products shows this was nowhere good enough to put our minds at rest. Add in the complete silence from club, means many including myself will be holding back spending money on club merch.

It wouldn’t matter what would have come out of the meeting, some people have made their minds up already.

They've hired more customer service employees, they've improved the quality assurance measures going forward, they've reduced the email backlog to a day? They've patched Hermes as a courier.

What more did you want? Have you personally bought an Castore item or are you just basing your 'experience' off others actual experience?

They've hired more customer service employees, they've improved the quality assurance measures going forward, they've reduced the email backlog to a day? They've patched Hermes as a courier.

What more did you want? Have you personally bought an Castore item or are you just basing your 'experience' off others actual experience?

Have they, aye? You're basing this on what Castore have said?

Castore have said a lot of things which have turned out to be misleading at best, lies at worst.

I have a man cave and have been buying cheap tops when they come up on ebay for a few quid, even the old diadora ones ( how old are they?) are still in perfect nick, not a stitch or logo missing or any blemishes on the others either, fwiw umbro seem to have the best quality in my opinion.

I have had most Rangers, Northern Ireland and Linfield tops. I agree that Umbro have been the best quality. Sadly the new home top is probably the worst.

Mate you’re talking about spouting garbage and calling the guys con men. Clearly there’s been issues but there’s no solidarity from me in flying off the handle. That’s not how issues get solved in the real world.
Aye because some of Castores antics are not those of con men right enough.

Castore breaking the law now?? :oops:
Quite bluntly, if they are withholding delivery fees, then yes.

Under the distance selling regulations, you are entitled to a full refund including delivery fees if you change your mind and wish to cancel. Either Castore are unaware of basic retail laws, or they are wilfully breaking them. There is no middle ground.

You wouldn’t accept or expect this behaviour if you ordered from Next, Amazon or whoever. Why are we accepting it because it’s Castor?

Castore have to get the finger out,they are damaging there own brand,if they wont to take on an epl club they have to sort us out first.i am sure it will come good.

Under the distance selling regulations, you are entitled to a full refund including delivery fees if you change your mind and wish to cancel. Either Castore are unaware of basic retail laws, or they are wilfully breaking them. There is no middle ground.

You wouldn’t accept or expect this behaviour if you ordered from Next, Amazon or whoever. Why are we accepting it because it’s Castor?
Is that not if you cancel before it’s despatched? If it’s despatched then they only need to refund delivery fees if the item is faulty. I could be wrong tho.

I did think it was a bit strange.

I will get back onto them quoting the regulations and see what they come back with.

You'd like to think they aren't doing it willfully, I'll post their reply.

I did think it was a bit strange.

I will get back onto them quoting the regulations and see what they come back with.

You'd like to think they aren't doing it willfully, I'll post their reply.
Looking to order top just now,home top.are the bad ones in minority,most ok?

thats only if goods are faulty surely?

Looking to order top just now,home top.are the bad ones in minority,most ok?

I've just ordered another home top, my first one had the 'coat hanger shoulders'

I'd advise if you can, go into the store then you know what you're getting.

If not, like myself quality isn't certain but hopefully it has improved recently.

Is that not if you cancel before it’s despatched? If it’s despatched then they only need to refund delivery fees if the item is faulty. I could be wrong tho.
thats only if goods are faulty surely?
No, when you buy online you have extra rights to return an item that you haven’t seen in person. You are well within your rights to buy something and change your mind when you see it, and then return it for a full refund including the delivery fee.

Any company that says “only credit given” or “can only return if faulty” etc are misleading and are not abiding by distance selling regulations.

There is no grey area with this. If Castore are not refunding the delivery fee then they are breaking the law.

Was in yesterday and bought the home top.
They had plenty of them and the 3rd strip the white one was in limited sizes same with the training gear
I was in late on Friday and they were well stocked in all sizes on home and third kit. I was after the white away kit but they only had a handful of them left and they were all in a medium. Was told it would be a week or two before they expected to have more stock of bigger sizes.

Got the away top for my birthday, the quality is exceptional. Night and day when compared to the home top. Hopefully they have binned the Turkish manufacturer.

No, when you buy online you have extra rights to return an item that you haven’t seen in person. You are well within your rights to buy something and change your mind when you see it, and then return it for a full refund including the delivery fee.

Any company that says “only credit given” or “can only return if faulty” etc are misleading and are not abiding by distance selling regulations.

There is no grey area with this. If Castore are not refunding the delivery fee then they are breaking the law.
Original delivery should be refunded but you need to cover return fees

Original delivery should be refunded but you need to cover return fees
Exactly. Nobody is disputing the need to pay return postage, but not refund I n original postage costs is not allowed.

Aah thanks really helpful. I didn’t realise that. Always assumed if you return it because you changed your mind (as opposed to faulty) then unless they offered free delivery/ returns then you had to pay the delivery and return postage.

Anyone know what Rangers items the Castore shop in London normally has in?

Got a few days in London coming up but don’t want to waste my time going to the store if they have nothing.

Aah thanks really helpful. I didn’t realise that. Always assumed if you return it because you changed your mind (as opposed to faulty) then unless they offered free delivery/ returns then you had to pay the delivery and return postage.
No, with all online purchases you can change your mind and get a full refund for the order and your delivery fee. You might not always have free returns, but you at always entitled to get the initial delivery fee refunded, regardless of what the company thinks or wants to do.

Nephews 3rd top has been worn and washed twice and apparently ll the letters are peeling away, sister promises it's been washed at correct temperature - not a happy wee bear

All the inside letters have come off my 3rd top, which is fine, as long as the outside ones hold firm.

It seems these issues all amount to a serious breach of contract. If it continues, I would look for an exit strategy.

My players tracksuit top and bottoms which has not been worn anywhere apart from the sofa has started to bobble already . Quality is a joke - they will be returned .

I had Leeds Adidas stuff and the difference is night and day .

All the inside letters have come off my 3rd top, which is fine, as long as the outside ones hold firm.

It seems these issues all amount to a serious breach of contract. If it continues, I would look for an exit strategy.

it isn’t really fine though is it?

when our standards are lowered to accept faulty goods just as long as it isn’t visible then there’s something far wrong

it isn’t really fine though is it?

when our standards are lowered to accept faulty goods just as long as it isn’t visible then there’s something far wrong

Absolutely agree. I could've worded it better. It's not fine, but the inside letters coming off won't affect me, or bother me too much.

Reading about the focus group last week I can’t help but think it wasn’t really formed to discuss and resolve the current issues but more to gauge fans views on upcoming designs, going ons at the club and discuss what fans would like in future. A bizarre meeting that the club have viewed as being acceptable.

My two mates got home tops from the preorder and no issues. Waited to get the orange training top but can't wait any more and bit the bullet and bought the home top yesterday, don't normally buy away tops tbh. Think it will be ok but let's wait and see...

Took the plunge and ordered the 3rd kit long sleeve along with the coaches sweatshirt, I’ve been holding off after reading some of the stories

so far, ordered home top and returned due to sizing and the customer service was shocking

ordered away top and there was 1 letter missing on the inside so it reads better neve stops ironically, not bothered about this as it’s on the inside

here’s hoping third time lucky, only one way to find out I suppose

Took the plunge and ordered the 3rd kit long sleeve along with the coaches sweatshirt, I’ve been holding off after reading some of the stories

so far, ordered home top and returned due to sizing and the customer service was shocking

ordered away top and there was 1 letter missing on the inside so it reads better neve stops ironically, not bothered about this as it’s on the inside

here’s hoping third time lucky, only one way to find out I suppose
Would you accept this treatment from any other brand?

Back