Two Club 1872 directors have reisgned

And there you have the 64000$ question
I would imagine they will now need to put out a statement either confirming everything or deflecting some if not all of the criticism
Did the vehicle for disabled fans happen? I didn’t actually see it before lockdown and I’m pretty sure that got given the go ahead in 2019.

I would trust Joanne 100% but I’m not sure if she is aware of some of what has been going on.

So we have yourself and Reverend Macquarrie , two trustworthy and well known faces , giving us a red flag that something huge and at best “ concerning “ is going on at club1872 , but we are left to guess what it actually means . I realise people can’t just come out with allegations but some sort of clarity simply must be sought here . I’ll say again , what on earth is going on ?

Rangers First CIC was apolitical as a body, every single individual member I knew joined to force Regime change.
We raised about a million pounds towards buying shares to vote the last Board out, not bad for being ' no good to anybody'.
We only got Regime change because we had enough votes to oust them
Dave King didn't think RF was ' no good to anyone'
You are being very insulting to at least 12000 Rangers fans.
It served a purpose at the time mate and I’m not knocking that but going forward being apolitical wasn’t the answer imo.

I’m not sure why Bisgrove is being targeted here for comms. Robertson is the MD and leader of the ship. How he is getting away with this and letting the focus go on his team underlines he’s a glorified FD looking at it externally.

Poster in question misunderstood a second hand account of what Bisgrove allegedly said. Poster who was at the focus group later clarified that he was wrong.

It is the way the conversation is going that is embarrassing, nudge nudge wink wink Laura Laura etc just come out and say what it is or why bother? Adults acting like 6th form prefects who are in the know.
Aye everyone acting ITK on the situation but not saying it. Let's just get it all out in the open within reason. We need factual information.

Unless someone comes out and says what the issue is, the issue will never be addressed. Come on. @mdingwall do we have a timescale on when the ex director can let members know publicly?

Disagree on that Robert, the merger has done nothing for the RFC, and if RFC loved c1872 they would not have started a separate membership and conferred privileges that could have gone to c1872
Sorry. But the two memberships serve completely different purposes.

You cant buy shares in rangers or hold the board to account (in theoru) using mygers.

There is no points system in clubs 1872 nor is there any ability to sign up for away tickets.

Two completely different entites. I've seen this comparison already and its complete and utter nonsense.

As someone who tried to get involved with c1872 to the stage of holding a signing day in the grapes and getting lots of join including our bus and make monthly donations. I hate the was thieves is turning out but with my dealings with the folk who are the voice and the brains behind it I’m not surprised. Now before folk think this is a dig at the folk involved it’s not as anyone in that positron is doing a thankless task. And folk willing to do it should be applauded. But something that could have been great for the support is nothing more than a donation now.

As a member of C1872, I find it deeply concerning that this has festered over the weekend (at least), with no official communication to the membership at least acknowledging the issue.

As was pointed out earlier, C1872 sent out an email recently demanding clarity over the Castore issues, yet are unwilling to offer the same clarity to members over this.

It works both ways.

Sorry. But the two memberships serve completely different purposes.

You cant buy shares in Rangers or hold the board to account (in theoru) using mygers.

There is no points system in clubs 1872 nor is there any ability to sign up for away tickets.

Two completely different entites. I've seen this comparison already and its complete and utter nonsense.
I did say if the RFC had conferred the same privileges in c1872 membership

Such a carry on when must people just want them to buy shares.

And there, perhaps, is the issue. C1872 brought together two organisations with differing ethos (and indeed the fact we had two was brought about partially because of that IIRC). RST always had a campaigning element as well as the share ownership element, where as Rangers First seemed solely concerned with share ownership.

They usually have quite the back log anyway. I suspect 24 hrs isnt enough time. Give them a week.

I'm prepared to give them 48 business hours, per our retail partner response times.

Tbf, I sent them an email on Saturday morning about a payment issue and there was a reply within a few hours.

Wi would like to know the situation too however given that this is a voluntary role do you really think that 48 hours is enough time? How many emals do you think they receive daily?
I'm prepared to give them 48 business hours, per our retail partner response times.

Tbf, I sent them an email on Saturday morning about a payment issue and there was a reply within a few hours.

Response from Club 1872:

"We have recently been updating our system and our Webmaster had put all our members' accounts 'on hold' in the 'My Account' area of our website until he was sure everything was working okay. This has now been completed and members' accounts are gradually being made active as their payments are being made.

The next member update is due out tomorrow and there will be a further update on the website upgrade included in it".

No sign of the promised Member's Update.

This is what I said on that thread 2 and a bit years ago.

I left after the last round of director resignations because I did not feel that the group were going to hold it together at all at that point. They came back and have been working away in the background, seemingly quite well on the face of it. The fact that little rivalries keep bubbling up is a huge concern because it looks like people who are asking for votes to be on the board are not willing to let their personal opinions be shelved in order to carry out the wishes of the membership. If there is genuinely a feeling on the C1872 board that the club is transparent enough, that is one (wrong) thing, but if an individual representing the membership is stating that during meetings, there is a significant problem and that individual is not working under the mandate they have been given.

I think that they are suffering from trying to be all things to all men right now. Are they political? are they trying to get a seat on the board? are they in serious discussion about the issues at the club or are they fobbed off at every turn because they are walking a fine line and trying to balance several different spinning plates? Perhaps a more basic, single line approach would re-engage people like me, a clear purpose, well defined and with set goals. If all of that exists, it is well hidden.

One thing to remember, member or not, these people give of their time freely.

None of it has changed in the slightest and while people look to C1872 to do this, that and the other, the core aim of the group seems to have been lost in the noise of trying to run a multitude of projects with a handful of people.

I would strongly suggest that at the next election a handful of people, no experience needed, put themselves forward on a very narrow mandate; Defend the support, build membership, continue to build funds/shareholding and hold the club to account.

If people want to do other things, like the lottery, Charity foundation, anything, then they are free to do so but not under the auspices of a fans group that has struggled to maintain it's early promise. Get back to the basic job, cut out everything else and build a reputation.

Agreed with a lot of the comments about trying to do too much and confusing the aims. Something like this needs a number of people helping as I assume these people are using their spare time.

hearing the reduction in numbers is concerning. What happens if everyone leaves - will the last person own the shares?

I’d like to know how much of my and others Bears money is sitting in a bank account and what the intentions are.

This is what I said on that thread 2 and a bit years ago.

None of it has changed in the slightest and while people look to C1872 to do this, that and the other, the core aim of the group seems to have been lost in the noise of trying to run a multitude of projects with a handful of people.

I would strongly suggest that at the next election a handful of people, no experience needed, put themselves forward on a very narrow mandate; Defend the support, build membership, continue to build funds/shareholding and hold the club to account.

If people want to do other things, like the lottery, Charity foundation, anything, then they are free to do so but not under the auspices of a fans group that has struggled to maintain it's early promise. Get back to the basic job, cut out everything else and build a reputation.
Good post. Go with 3 mandates

- Protect fan interests. Continue statements on issues affecting fans, I.e. crush at killie game and fighting back vs BBC's nonsense. Also GGC stuff.
- build sign ups off the back off that, campaigns about current members and the reasons for signing up (protecting future)
- One funded project at a time. Cover it in detail and produce content to show he benefits it has made.

All these working groups that clearly get no where, fighting for a space on the board and as you say spinning too many plates. If 1000 members were asked what they are actually doing we would have no idea.

INTRODUCTION
As lockdown restrictions have eased, Club 1872 has begun the process of returning to full functioning with our volunteers spending some limited time in the Club 1872 office. While we are not yet at the stage of the office being open on a full time basis to all volunteers or members, we look forward to increasing the amount of time we spend there and welcoming members back for face to face interaction with both the Club 1872 Board and working group volunteers.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our members for their ongoing support through what is undoubtedly a very difficult time for all of us and our families. We hope you are all healthy and urge you to stay safe during this time.
SHARES
Since our last update there have been no further share purchases to report to members. With the ongoing work on our website now in the final stages of completion, we will shortly be launching a campaign to increase our membership and grow the Club 1872 shareholding in RIFC.
PROJECTS
As we outlined in our previous update, due to lockdown restrictions the Rangers Charity Foundation had to suspend the Walking Football programme, which our members funded. We completely understand this decision and they have recently confirmed to us that it will recommence when it is safe and appropriate to do so.
The Dream Day project which was approved by members last season will be carried over and will cover both Dream Days of season 2020/21, subject to government advice on such events.
As always, we continue to liaise with the club and other groups within the Rangers community on potential project opportunities.
BOARD/ADMIN/IT
Website
Work on the Club 1872 website and subscription system is due to be completed in the coming days. We encountered significant delays in delivering the final product to members, but our volunteers have worked closely with our web developers to ensure that what will shortly be on offer to members will enhance their interactions with Club 1872 as well as their ability to manage their Club 1872 accounts.
Members should note that for an initial period, accounts may incorrectly show as being “on hold”. This will gradually clear as monthly donations are made but any members who feel their accounts are incorrectly flagged as “on hold” come October should contact info@club1872.co.uk for assistance.
The ability to join Club 1872 has also been disabled on our website for the time being until our membership campaign launches in the next few weeks.

We thank members for their patience during the upgrade process and would welcome any feedback or questions on the new system - contact us at info@club1872.co.uk.
Club 1872 Board
In the period since our last update, two Club 1872 Directors have resigned their positions.
Alan Fraser resigned during lockdown in July, shortly after our last update. Although Alan’s time on the Board was short we thank him for that time and his offer to assist Club 1872 on specific projects once things return to some sort of normality.
Stuart MacQuarrie resigned at the start of September after serving on the Board for a period of almost three years. We thank Stuart for his time on the Club 1872 Board and wish him well for the future.
There is no requirement under the Articles for elections at this time and, operationally, Club 1872 is unaffected. It is the Board’s intention to examine its options once the ongoing restrictions imposed by Covid-19 are lifted and things return to a degree of normality.
Membership Retention/Card Expiry
Despite the economic implications of the Covd-19 pandemic, membership has remained steady around the 7000 mark in the period since the last update. This is testament to the incredible commitment of our members, and we thank you for your continued support during these difficult times. While many of our activities have been significantly curtailed over recent months, we remain prepared to launch a major campaign to grow our membership.
As we have reported previously, a major challenge still facing the organisation is memberships lapsing due to the expiry of credit cards. Again, we would ask that members check their Club 1872 emails carefully and regularly as we always email members to inform them of expired cards. We will be focussing on guiding new members to Direct Debit signup once the new website launches and hope this will improve retention levels.
As always, we would ask members to help us grow the organisation by encouraging friends, family and work colleagues to join Club 1872.
Member Engagement
With all football being played behind closed doors, we have been unable to maintain a match day presence to engage with supporters around the stadium grounds. Our office at Copland House is not yet open to members, but our volunteers and admin assistant are available to answer questions via email or by telephone by appointment. Please contact us at info@club1872.co.uk if you would like to speak with us about any of our ongoing plans and activities.
In accordance with the recently approved Club 1872 Shares CIC Articles of Association, Club 1872 will hold an annual members meeting. Unfortunately this year’s meeting has

not taken place due to lockdown restrictions and we are as yet unsure as to when we may be able to schedule it. We are currently assessing a number of options and will keep members updated as things return to some sort of normality and large gatherings are once again permitted.
CLUB ENGAGEMENT
As we have outlined in previous updates, in recent months our engagement with the club has focused mainly on issues relating to their partnership with Castore. In August we wrote to both Rangers and Castore with a series of questions which focused on the well publicised concerns around the quality of some items, pre-order delivery delays and cancellations, the returns policy and the difference between the Rangers and Castore websites in that regard. We also asked for clarification on the decision to move forward the opening of the Rangers Store by several weeks, despite it appearing that stock levels were not sufficient to complete all pre-orders at that time.
At the time of writing this report, we have received no answers to those questions from either Castore or Rangers.
CAMPAIGNS
Parking Restrictions at Ibrox
Club 1872 has continued to liaise with Rangers and supporters on Glasgow City Council’s parking proposals, and in March our volunteers attended the pre-hearing meeting organised to present our concerns and objections. In July we received an update from GCC which stated that consideration was being given to the suspension of procedures for a period of six months. We have had no further updates.
Daily Record
A number of members contacted Club 1872 in August to express shock and disappointment that Rangers had entered into a commercial agreement with Reach Plc, which owns the Daily Record and Sunday Mail. Club 1872 made its position on Reach very clear following their involvement in our recently upheld IPSO complaint against the Daily Record/Sunday Mail, and the club is very much aware of this position.
https://club1872.co.uk/news/club-1872-wins-ipso-complaint-against-daily-record-and- sunday-mail/
Fantastic Fanatics
We recently announced a new partnership with Fantastic Fanatics which allows our members and the wider Rangers family to support Club 1872 through their online, and in due course in-store, purchases at no cost to them.
All funds raised through Fantastic Fanatics will be received by Club 1872 Ltd and used to grow our membership through advertising, events and promotional materials as well as assist with running costs.

As part of our agreement with Fantastic Fanatics, and at our request, all retailers that we are aware are associated with Mike Ashley have been removed from the Club 1872 retailers page.
Members can join Fantastic Fanatics by visiting www.fantasticfanatics.com and there is an extensive FAQ available at https://fantasticfanatics.freshdesk.com/support/home
COMMUNICATIONS
Since our last update, Club 1872 volunteers and admin assistant have replied to over 600 emails from members, and have sent 6 mass emails to update members on our ongoing activities. We have gained more than 1000 new followers on Instagram and have reached over 100,000 people via our Facebook page. We would encourage all members who have Instagram accounts to follow us at instagram.com/club1872rfc/ as this will help us increase functionality on our account.
Our comms group provides ongoing feedback to the Club 1872 board on social media and admin stats, and continues to monitor and assess the best ways to reach out to members. Email gives us greater freedom to communicate fully with members than social media platforms where detailed conversations can quickly become unmanageable for our social media volunteers. Having said that, our social media accounts are active in communicating with members and the wider support on major issues and as always, we welcome your support across all our social media platforms.
You can keep up to date with Club 1872 across all our social media platforms. Please follow/like and help us spread the word.
Instagram - instagram.com/club1872rfc/
FB -m.facebook.com/club1872rfc/
YouTube -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKx9wlrUO3QWyg_y95HOrKA

And there, perhaps, is the issue. C1872 brought together two organisations with differing ethos (and indeed the fact we had two was brought about partially because of that IIRC). RST always had a campaigning element as well as the share ownership element, where as Rangers First seemed solely concerned with share ownership.
correct, The RST was formed to buy shares and act as critical voice on behalf of the supporters. The RST were questioning SDM and the way the club was being run. They were vilified for it for many years until it became apparent they’d been correct all along.

RF was a breakaway formed by people who wanted Fan Ownership and some of the leaders actually aspired to running the club.
Even after DK and the 3 Bears were in control these guys were trying to borrow £4m pounds to get a seat on the Board.

C1872 created one major supporters shareholder group and should have put an end to the type of nonsense we’re seeing now. It can still do that but it will need an EGM to clear the air and get new Directors on their board.

Do we really need to go into this after all these years?
Rangers First was formed for all the right reasons, we were warned about two guys in particular, at the time I told Mark that I wasn't present at any of these meetings so I couldn't confirm what was said or what happened.

But forewarned I was always dubious of anything they proposed. At one time they had a meeting with one of the previous regimes and falsely said they were representing RF, they were left in no doubt they didn't speak for RF and they would never be allowed to organise any meetings with them there unless they were part of a group.

The incident you are referring to was later on when two of the newly formed committee went behind everyone's back, had lunch at Argyle House to plot to borrow £500K to put one of them on the Board of the Club, the very definition of delusional.

They were told in no uncertain language to offer their resignations, which they promptly did.

We had a few really good guys in RF but the 3 Rangers fans that drove it on were James Blair, Greg Marshall, and myself.
we spent two years of our life and our own money on that project and I'm still very proud of what we achieved.
RF was, certainly from our point of view, was never about replacing the RST, and never once did any of us three criticise
or sad anything derogatory about RST or any other group of Rangers fans.

Our fans have a great vehicle in Club 1872, but unfortunately, it is now obvious that a lot of the trust and goodwill has gone.
We need an AGM with immediate effect
To use COVID as an excuse is nonsense, we haven't had an EGM in three years.
It was a few years ago but that's how I remember it

Rangers First was formed for all the right reasons, we were warned about two guys in particular, at the time I told Mark that I wasn't present at any of these meetings so I couldn't confirm what was said or what happened.

But forewarned I was always dubious of anything they proposed. At one time they had a meeting with one of the previous regimes and falsely said they were representing RF, they were left in no doubt they didn't speak for RF and they would never be allowed to organise any meetings with them there unless they were part of a group.

The incident you are referring to was later on when two of the newly formed committee went behind everyone's back, had lunch at Argyle House to plot to borrow £500K to put one of them on the Board of the Club, the very definition of delusional.

They were told in no uncertain language to offer their resignations, which they promptly did.

We had a few really good guys in RF but the 3 Rangers fans that drove it on were James Blair, Greg Marshall, and myself.
we spent two years of our life and our own money on that project and I'm still very proud of what we achieved.
RF was, certainly from our point of view, was never about replacing the RST, and never once did any of us three criticise

Our fans have a great vehicle in Club 1872, but unfortunately, it is now obvious that a lot of the trust and goodwill has gone.
so in short is %^*& all happening at club 1872? sadly i don't think it will ever work unless someone independently chairs the meetings and insists on new elections and some safe guards in place to make sure that no one director assumes too much control

so in short is %^*& all happening at club 1872? sadly i don't think it will ever work unless someone independently chairs the meetings and insists on new elections and some safe guards in place to make sure that no one director assumes too much control
The only way to change things is for anyone concerned to take a minute and email them asking for an EGM
After all 1872 Directors are there to serve the Members not the other way about

Friends of yours running C1872 and your son as SLO would be a great scenario for at least one Rangers fan.
Can you explain why me having friends on the Board of 1872 be 'a great scenario' for me apart from knowing the good guys would be transparent? I am assuming you are directing that to me?

I didn’t raise it Robert but others did and I won’t accept misinformation just blandly being accepted.
Thanks for letting us know that you knew there were a couple of dubious characters involved

Personally they need transparency. I would love to know the exact number of members there org has. I always see 7000 being floated about but I really can’t see that number still being there.

Thankfully I'm not a member. Their update is an awful lot of words to say we are doing eff all. A strong fans group during covid would be active in community help, out reach programmes etc. It would also be active in plans for fans to return and lobbying. Just to name a few obvious points.
Abject.
ever get the feeling its weird they have their own office in Ibrox and sponsorship on the stands ?

Thankfully I'm not a member. Their update is an awful lot of words to say we are doing eff all. A strong fans group during covid would be active in community help, out reach programmes etc. It would also be active in plans for fans to return and lobbying. Just to name a few obvious points.
Abject.

For a lot of people (me included) they are a share buying vehicle to allow fans to own the club and influence it from the inside not the outside.

For a lot of people (me included) they are a share buying vehicle to allow fans to own the club and influence it from the inside not the outside.
The club thinks that much of them it doesn't even consult them on serious kit issues despite being a major shareholder. They were a source of cash and nothing else. A familiar feeling for a fan of our team. They have zero meaningful influence. What I don't know is if they were run well , whether that would change.

The club thinks that much of them it doesn't even consult them on serious kit issues despite being a major shareholder. They were a source of cash and nothing else. A familiar feeling for a fan of our team. They have zero meaningful influence. What I don't know is if they were run well , whether that would change.
Yeah, that was a surprise to me, a real body blow, and quite telling IMO.

Is it possible the Club aren't impressed with the leadership? Or would they be acting this way irrespective of the leadership? I honestly have no idea, but there's clearly a breakdown in the relationship - the big question is why?

Anyone who believes that the club hasn’t spoken to C1872 about Castore is mistaken. There’s no way that the club ignored them. As for not responding to letters.....why do they need to communicate by letter when they’re in touch with the club direct.
as I said right at the start of this thread, somethings seriously wrong at C1872 and to say that they don’t need the 2 Directors who resigned is an insult to everyone who voted for them

Personally they need transparency. I would love to know the exact number of members there org has. I always see 7000 being floated about but I really can’t see that number still being there.
Number of DDs is the best figure, I paid £500 for life membership then after the merger I stopped my monthly contribution, so I am a member but no cash going in.

I didn’t raise it Robert but others did and I won’t accept misinformation just blandly being accepted.
Thanks for letting us know that you knew there were a couple of dubious characters involved
To be fair to Mark he warned me right away about them, but you need to give them the benefit of the doubt,
When they stood for election for the first RF board, I called them out publicly. I am, not everyone's cup of tea but I will always stick up for our fans as long do not have a personal agenda

Anyone who believes that the club hasn’t spoken to C1872 about Castore is mistaken. There’s no way that the club ignored them. As for not responding to letters.....why do they need to communicate by letter when they’re in touch with the club direct.
as I said right at the start of this thread, somethings seriously wrong at C1872 and to say that they don’t need the 2 Directors who resigned is an insult to everyone who voted for them

Just a thought, but perhaps its done by letter so that they have a written record or audit trail of previous communications

Back