Hamilton Accies Statement.

I think games are going to go ahead regardless of positives now. The league originally planned to make Aberdeen play with 8 cases. It was government intervention that stopped it.

St Mirren was a very unique situation with it being the full goalkeeping squad, so dispensation should have made here to cancel. More so as they should have played this match 5 weeks ago.

I think games are going to go ahead regardless of positives now. The league originally planned to make Aberdeen play with 8 cases. It was government intervention that stopped it.

St Mirren was a very unique situation with it being the full goalkeeping squad, so dispensation should have made here to cancel. More so as they should have played this match 5 weeks ago.

Aberdeen didn't have 8 cases though

This will continue to happen at the smaller clubs. There players are not on great money and will not make the same sacrifices to their lives that players at us and them will. They will be going out for dinner and bars etc. Which isn’t breaking any rules right now but even being their increases your risk . Players at thee clubs will not accept the training -game -home repeat schedule that us and them are doing

Thanks for letting us know Hamilton.

tenor.gif

This will continue to happen at the smaller clubs. There players are not on great money and will not make the same sacrifices to their lives that players at us and them will. They will be going out for dinner and bars etc. Which isn’t breaking any rules right now but even being their increases your risk . Players at thee clubs will not accept the training -game -home repeat schedule that us and them are doing

Matter of time before we start having cases too. Outbreaks are rife in schools, and cases are rising again outside of that. I'd say Hamilton, Killie etc players will be just as keen to avoid getting it as Rangers players if not more. A much higher percentage of their earnings are appearance and bonus related, and they have mortgages and bills to pay without the cushion of earning 15 grand a week.

You can catch the virus outwith a bar or a restaurant. Someone sneezes on a petrol pump, you touch it next, you then pass it on to two of your colleagues... That's not to say that the players in question definitely haven't acted unprofessionally, but it seems unfair to assume they have without having all the relevant information.

You can catch the virus outwith a bar or a restaurant. Someone sneezes on a petrol pump, you touch it next, you then pass it on to two of your colleagues... That's not to say that the players in question definitely haven't acted unprofessionally, but it seems unfair to assume they have without having all the relevant information.

I get that . You can just be unlucky but it’s 100% more likely to happen at other clubs where the clubs prob have less of a say in what they do outside the stadium or training ground. Whereas the old firm will be a lot stricter and players will be more likely to follow cos the money compensates

It was on placings, if it was PPG then Thistle would have survived and Queen of the South would have been relegated.

We would win the league either way if it was ended today.
It was on points per game. Partick Thistle were relegated due to having a game in hand (because they reached the semi final of the League Cup)

As it stood they were on less points per game than QotS - had they won they would have gone above them and would have stayed up.

St Johnstone finished on 6th place, above Hibs despite having one point less but having played one game less their ppg was better.

The fact they dont play celtic for a while might be an issue for the conspiracy theorists of the bear pit...

You think that will make a difference if the scum get involved?

Even if they say “too bad Hamilton, games must go ahead!”, if we then got into situation where we were days away from playing the scum and they had 5 players test positive, there’s not a doubt in my mind they’d simply move the goalposts and change the approach so that it could be postponed and they could get off the hook.

There’s not a chance Liewell and co would simply agree to crack on like Hamilton etc, and not a chance his lapdogs at the SPFL would even risk upsetting him or his club.

Doubt we will be wanting to go ahead without a full squad given the importance of the season. Can you imagine we have 3 first team members out in February?
Of course not but teams have already had to do it so barring another full scale national lockdown I can’t see why teams shouldn’t have to fulfil their fixtures as well.

It adds the element of luck into the season,far more than what it would normally be.

Even if they say “too bad Hamilton, games must go ahead!”, if we then got into situation where we were days away from playing the scum and they had 5 players test positive, there’s not a doubt in my mind they’d simply move the goalposts and change the approach so that it could be postponed and they could get off the hook.

There’s not a chance Liewell and co would simply agree to crack on like Hamilton etc, and not a chance his lapdogs at the SPFL would even risk upsetting him or his club.

Not all teams had to do it, some were afforded the opportunity to have the game cancelled and play full strength at a later date....

This season is going to play out the SPFL have made that clear with their tough St. Mirren stance - teams will just need to get on with it and get 11 bodies on the park.

Only thing that can stop the season now would be someone actually dying from Covid-19.

Ffs just play the games thats why all teams have reserve teams or youth teams ,play a couple young lads ,is it ideal no but the show must go on as they say

You think that will make a difference if the scum get involved?

That old bar steward Knew Keevins made a comment as I was driving home last night. I was only half listening but he made a reference to the null & void possibility of the season.

I thought, don’t fucking dare, after last season’s bullshit we were confronted with.

Are players not allowed in restaurants or bars at all??

There was a thing on sky sports last night. In the past week over 2100 tests had been conducted on english footballers in the past week. There were 4 positives. 4. Yet in Scotland weve got teams getting near enough that same amount on their own. What is going on

Back