Hamilton Accies Statement.

Time to scrap this season and award the prizes on current league placings. It's been done before so.....

Cant believe you are having to defend this comment mate. Either a load of mhanks on here or it will be the same cretins who think Clancys just a bad ref. Unbelievable, what happened last season should never be forgotten! They stole a fucking title for christ sake!

By the tine it got round to planning 20/21 season the SPFL were aware that COVID would be having a big effect well into next year at least.

Wouldn’t it have been sensible to finish off last season when he game returned and then plan for a shortened 20/21, say leagues of 14 playing 26 games.

This would have given some leeway to work round positive tests and groups of players having to isolate.

I apologise in advance for using the words SPFL and sensible in the same post.

Are players not allowed in restaurants or bars at all??

they are if you meant legally just like any other person is. But part of the deal with allowing football is they don’t But both us and that lot have banned it . It’s training - game- home - repeat. Other clubs haven’t and it’s no suprise it’s the wee diddy teams so far .

Cant believe you are having to defend this comment mate. Either a load of mhanks on here or it will be the same cretins who think Clancys just a bad ref. Unbelievable, what happened last season should never be forgotten! They stole a fucking title for christ sake!
It's a silly shout lets not kid ourselves

I'd hate to be "awarded" the league title in this way especially after so little games being played.
We won't be. If we are top, especially early on in the campaign, they will introduce some factor such as we need to have completed at least 75% of games for the title to be awarded otherwise it is declared incomplete.

If the bheasts are top either on current place or on points per game then no question they are getting awarded the title.

Think we will see more of this as the season progresses.

Coming into into winter too. Is it flu or covid?

I'd like to see the season out, and win the league on merit.

This will continue to happen at the smaller clubs. There players are not on great money and will not make the same sacrifices to their lives that players at us and them will. They will be going out for dinner and bars etc. Which isn’t breaking any rules right now but even being their increases your risk . Players at thee clubs will not accept the training -game -home repeat schedule that us and them are doing
You mean while not jetting off to Spain surely?

Correct. So still less than our current PPG.

We have posters in here claiming that if celtc win tomorrow and the league is called, they would be gifted a title again.

Its getting out of hand when basic maths skills are being lost.

Correct. So still less than our current PPG.

We have posters in here claiming that if celtc win tomorrow and the league is called, they would be gifted a title again.

Its getting out of hand when basic maths skills are being lost.
Leagues not getting called anytime soon and if they do call a halt it is likely to be temporary with so much of the season remaining.

The inability to do simple arithmetic (particularly with a calculator on your phone) is something else though.

I was going to do the 'call the league now' joke but am now too scared after seeing the flak Noddy has taken.

I will be following his critics around the board to see examples of the type of excellent humour that they deem to be acceptable.

Whats 16 divided by 6?

This whole PPG thing needs to get knocked on the head. The league won't be getting called in September.
Serious question here, is there a certain amount of games that need to be played before calling the league is deemed ok?

You can catch the virus outwith a bar or a restaurant. Someone sneezes on a petrol pump, you touch it next, you then pass it on to two of your colleagues... That's not to say that the players in question definitely haven't acted unprofessionally, but it seems unfair to assume they have without having all the relevant information.
Surely people wear gloves at a petrol pump? I did even before coronavirus. Yuk, those things are filthy. Think of all the different dirty hands.

Once everyone has played each other once I would think
38 is the correct answer, however, in the absence of a full seasons fixtures I would think two rounds of games would be more suitable (play everyone home and away).

Whatever happens if the season is called and we are top we will probably be just short of whatever figure they come up with as being appropriate to award the league and, if bheast fc are ahead, they will have just passed the magic yet to be decided number of fixtures.

Yes I am indeed a cynical old b'stard.

Even if they say “too bad Hamilton, games must go ahead!”, if we then got into situation where we were days away from playing the scum and they had 5 players test positive, there’s not a doubt in my mind they’d simply move the goalposts and change the approach so that it could be postponed and they could get off the hook.

There’s not a chance Liewell and co would simply agree to crack on like Hamilton etc, and not a chance his lapdogs at the SPFL would even risk upsetting him or his club.
Whilst I completely agree that would happen in such a scenario, I've zero sympathy for Hamilton and St Mirren. They voted in support of this shower.

Play the games.

And use the international periods to play games too. They do it rugby union! if you have enough players, game on. Will get the season done and will remove the drought during international weeks.

queue the SFA calling up all of our eligible players!!

Sporting integrity is totally out the window already.

It’s time they cancelled both cup competitions this year and try to get the league finished as fairly and as early as possible. Just rearrange the league fixtures and get the games played. If there’s time for a cup so be it, maybe the fans can attend by then and the clubs will make money.

Sporting integrity is totally out the window already.

It’s time they cancelled both cup competitions this year and try to get the league finished as fairly and as early as possible. Just rearrange the league fixtures and get the games played. If there’s time for a cup so be it, maybe the fans can attend by then and the clubs will make money.
They need the cup competitions for the lower league clubs who have already agreed to a shortened season (3 rounds of games).

They could, however, restrict the cup competitions to the lower league teams and allow the Premiership clubs to focus on completing the league campaign.

Think there’s needs to be a rule brought in stating x no of players out with covid game get suspended.
Chances are we will be affected sooner or later.
More likely to be based on available/fit players rather than players out as the number out will affect clubs differently depending on the size of their squad.

Goodness me. This thing seems to have got a hold of everyone big time in this country.

Games are being played all over Europe and crowds are getting back, meanwhile we in the uk are still running scared.

Players have tested positive in other countries, are they discussing their leagues getting stopped? Poland even allowed some away fans at the weekend.

What's happened to the people in this country?

Will be interesting to see what happens when the scum have a number of players with it pretty sure they would get special dispensation to cancel until a later date.

How can this league season be taken seriously ?

We have had a team with no keepers forced to play and other teams players having to self isolate for 14 days while matches go on etc.

Its giving teams unfair advantages and it based on pure luck if you catch covid or not.

I'm probably in a minority here I wouldnt feel the same about beating Hibs if they have 6 players out isolating or if we draw with a team because our regular back four is out because of self isolation or false positives etc

Goodness me. This thing seems to have got a hold of everyone big time in this country.

Games are being played all over Europe and crowds are getting back, meanwhile we in the uk are still running scared.

Players have tested positive in other countries, are they discussing their leagues getting stopped? Poland even allowed some away fans at the weekend.

What's happened to the people in this country?
The people of this country are led by corrupt wonkers
They’ve set the precedent and created an absolute failure of a league

You could argue St Mirren didn’t though. They had to scrape around for a goalkeeper to sign on emergency loan on Saturday and register him and their 42 year goalkeeping coach to play at the last minute.
St Mirren were forced to play Hibs because if that game had been called off they would probably have had to cancel their game tomorrow night, guess who they play ?

Reactions: TNT
they are if you meant legally just like any other person is. But part of the deal with allowing football is they don’t But both us and that lot have banned it . It’s training - game- home - repeat. Other clubs haven’t and it’s no suprise it’s the wee diddy teams so far .

Aye they might not live to a hundred but it will phuckin feel like it.

Back