No further action on the morelos challenge

I'm not one for asking for statements - in fact I regularly take the piss out of people who do.

But in what way is the incident any different to Ryan Jack at Pittodrie, which was punished with a straight red card then failed at appeal? I've watched them both several times since the weekend and we're talking about literally the exact same thing - player plays the ball, natural momentum/swing takes his studs on to the opponent.

Either both are red cards for endangering an opponent, or nothing - just an accidental collision from the natural momentum.

So why's it only a fucking red card for the Rangers player? Surely this is something we've got to be asking?

Murdoch Macclellan will personally congratulate Clancy on the work against the team they both hate.
Corrupt Scottish Football, nothing more nothing less.
Rangers need to speak out, we can't have this cheat officiating the upcoming Old Firm game.
A couple of weeks ago this crook booked Itten for falling over.

Last edited:
That is not a shock. It’s sad state of affairs that you can straight leg tackle at knee height and fall happens.

Wonder how many injuries we will now pick up against the spoon burners at weekend thanks to the corruptness in our game

WATP

Disgraceful decision. Not a surprise though.
As someone on Twitter responded to a comment that the tackle was a 50/50 it was exactly the same as the one Ryan Jack got lynched for.
The club must come out and slaughter this decision. Doubt they will though

I’ll be honest, this doesn’t bother me. It should have been a red card at the time but a retrospective punishment does nothing to help us. I also don’t like the idea of re-reffing games in terms of missed tackles, the McGregor one last year was ridiculous. For me the retrospective action should be kept for diving and missed violent conduct

Predictable.

Dundee Hibs do not play in a blue enough shade for the Compliant Officer to be interested.

The club really need to be highlighting the previous red for Jack.

Would be very interested to know who the 3 former refs are. Let’s face it that lot have every aspect of the SFA/SPFL disciplinary process under their control

This decision just puts Scottish football even deeper into the hammerthrowing mire. Thugs now have the right to go through players, as long as they touch the ball first. They can use this shocker of a challenge on Alfie as a get out of jail free card.

As per usual Rangers players are being treated differently from other clubs players

The Jack v Sheep being the case and also Greegsy v Sheep too funny enough

Both red carded

Video review after the game and surprise surprise the 3 ex refs decide no further action

We have demanded the club speak out to the press but as usual we say phuck all publicly which is shite

Now we know what we're up against if didn't before! Rangers should sue sfa for cost of Alfie's treatment and games he'll miss!

This wasn’t a cut due to a follow through the blade punched a hole in his leg- if he hadnt left his leg straight to leave something on Morelos it would have happened . Clear as day he was leaving his boot in to do damage , fucking red all day if he was wearing blue.

I take it the same panel rescinded this red card then?

This is obviously an important point and something the club should go after, however we know they wont

Where we have a big issue here is the way the process works I think. So apparently the reason the jack red card was not rescinded was that the 3 former refs on the panel didnt all agree that it was not a red card, so for talking sake 2 believe its not a red but one thinks it is, therefore it stays as red as they all need to agree.

With the tackle on morelos apparently the three former refs did not all think that it *was* a red card offence, again for talking sake lets say two believe it was a red and one does not, the decision remains no retrospective action.

So what it shows is that so long as the officials on the park continue to not do their job/cheat us every week with their decisions, we will never see a fair system with retrospective bans and rescinding of reds because it is so much more difficult to overrule a refereeing decision no matter if it is upgrading or downgrading. All they need is one bitter mentally challenged out the three unnamed for refs to screw us over every time it goes to one of these panels.

That is why the club need to come out and address this now, the officials are going to continue to get more and more bent in the scums favour at least until the tainted 10 is over with, the club/board cannot just shut their eyes and watch us get shafted every week for another season. We will never win anything unless its a level playing field

Back