RTV/VST Viewers - Tips and Help - Updated With App Info

Never got any of the game on either the TV, the ipad or my android phone. Tried the TV 1st and wouldn't let me select after entering the email and password. Then tried ipad with same problem then the android. Then all I kept getting was a message saying connected to too many devices. Tried clearing search history and still no joy. Total joke of a set up. Tried resetting the password and still no joy. What is going on here?. Will be chasing this up with the club.

User error

I had this, then clicked the option in bold to change password. Then logged back in and was fine.

Never got any of the game on either the TV, the ipad or my android phone. Tried the TV 1st and wouldn't let me select after entering the email and password. Then tried ipad with same problem then the android. Then all I kept getting was a message saying connected to too many devices. Tried clearing search history and still no joy. Total joke of a set up. Tried resetting the password and still no joy. What is going on here?. Will be chasing this up with the club.
Your neighbours have hacked you and got the stream before you tried , all the time you were being told it’s connected to too many devices he was on his third tin of beer

If you login in more than 1 device your account gets blocked. Password Reset normally solves the issue. Failing that its an email to support.

For the first half I was getting automatically logged off every 10 mins

The second half I had no problem

It's easiest to pick a device and stick to it as if you login on multiple devices it detects it and you need to change your password. You'll need to reset your password to reset everything and then login on the device you plan on using. Happened to me during the Killie game when my laptop restarted for updates (imagine my rage) so I had to login on my phone for the end. Password reset fixed so just use my laptop now (with hdmi to the TV)

Contact rtvsupport@streamamg.com - unfortunately, we've had to limit it to one device thanks to the SPFL

Interesting point @Greg Marshall. The Ts &Cs for RangersTV have long said ‘1 device only’ but it’s not really been enforced. I’ve been logged in on separate devices myself when problem-solving many times in the past. It’s being strictly enforced this season though. In fact I think it’s automated.

However, it seems to me that there are times when you actually do log out of one device before logging in on a second and ’the system’ doesn’t appear to register the logout. My guess is that it’s this which is causing the many issues we see with this. Having had problems myself I can say that logout doesn’t always work. I’ve taken to clearing cache/cookies every time before I even try to login to RangersTV these days,

Somebody posted advice above saying pick one device and stick to it for RangersTV. Not always practical but it might be an idea,

Interesting point @Greg Marshall. The Ts &Cs for RangersTV have long said ‘1 device only’ but it’s not really been enforced. I’ve been logged in on separate devices myself when problem-solving many times in the past. It’s being strictly enforced this season though. In fact I think it’s automated.

However, it seems to me that there are times when you actually do log out of one device before logging in on a second and ’the system’ doesn’t appear to register the logout. My guess is that it’s this which is causing the many issues we see with this. Having had problems myself I can say that logout doesn’t always work. I’ve taken to clearing cache/cookies every time before I even try to login to RangersTV these days,

Somebody posted advice above saying pick one device and stick to it for RangersTV. Not always practical but it might be an idea,
One of the problems with that is it can work fine for a while then one week it plays up. There doesn't seem to be much of a pattern to it either.

One of the problems with that is it can work fine for a while then one week it plays up. There doesn't seem to be much of a pattern to it either.

Standard plan of attack for anyone should be clear cache/cookies and, if that doesn’t work, try a Password Reset. From feedback on here I’d suggest that works in over 95% of cases.

And the best bit of advice to supplement that is to not wait until half an hour before kick-off before discovering you have a problem. Stream is normally ‘live’, with the countdown clock, just under an hour before kick-off.

All that said, I still feel there is a ‘system’ issue in recognising logouts.

I'm guessing with the ramp up in users they introduced a 1 limit on log ins? That's fine I suppose but there seems to be a lag between log out.

I usually buy the game of one device (keyboard ease of payment) and watch on TV. I couldn't access on my TV at all or laptop and didn't always receive and error message it just sat there. Multiple password resets and it still didn't work. $9.99 to.watch it on mobile. Clunky as %^*&.

Anyone else have issues this weekend?

I had watched the first couple of games through the RTV app on my iPhone & AirPlaying it through Apple TV, which was excellent quality & seamless. Is there a reason why they've stopped offering the games through that platform ?

Ended up hooking the laptop up to the TV and watching RTV through the Opera browser, but had to switch over to Chrome as the feed kept freezing up through Opera.

I had watched the first couple of games through the RTV app on my iPhone & AirPlaying it through Apple TV, which was excellent quality & seamless. Is there a reason why they've stopped offering the games through that platform ?

Ended up hooking the laptop up to the TV and watching RTV through the Opera browser, but had to switch over to Chrome as the feed kept freezing up through Opera.

I think because of the clamp down on multiple devices this isn't working so well. I normally cast from my phone through my Google Chromecast and this wasn't working for me. It might be because they see my phone and the Chromecast as two separate devices.

I'm guessing with the ramp up in users they introduced a 1 limit on log ins? That's fine I suppose but there seems to be a lag between log out.

I usually buy the game of one device (keyboard ease of payment) and watch on TV. I couldn't access on my TV at all or laptop and didn't always receive and error message it just sat there. Multiple password resets and it still didn't work. $9.99 to.watch it on mobile. Clunky as %^*&.

I tried to log in on the laptop and it stated "too many devices" I had originally set up my account on an imac and probably used a previous phone in the past but there was no option to remove these devices. I ended up watching the game on my mobile also!

I went from streaming on my phone to my tv then put amazon silk browser on my firestick and added rangers tv on favourites... watched past 2 games with this and no issues ....so far

I had the multiple devices message on my iPad, but could login on my iPhone. Luckily, I had an old iPad which allowed me to login. I ensured that only 1 device was logged in, but I still get the multiple devices message on my iPad.

I went from streaming on my phone to my tv then put amazon silk browser on my firestick and added Rangers tv on favourites... watched past 2 games with this and no issues ....so far

I thought the quality for me through Silk was shit. Should I be changing any settings?

Much better with my laptop plugged in.

Most folk who have logged in on too many devices actually get the ’Account Blocked’ message and then can’t get logged in on any device at all. I’ve once had the ‘too many connections’ message on my iPad, having earlier been logged in on my desktop. I could still log in on desktop just not iPad. My workaround was simply to clear cache/cookies/data on the iPad and try again. It worked.

I‘m convinced there is an issue with it not recognising you have logged out sometimes.

Three options if you encounter the ‘too many connections’ or ‘Account Blocked’ messages:

1. Try clearing cache/cookies and try to log in again. It might work.

2. Do a Password Reset/Forgotten Password. You can reuse the old Password. In most cases this will get you sorted.

3. If neither works, email Support: rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

And, for @Dave Angell you can still view via the app, but can’t purchase a match via the app. Dunno about casting via AppleTV though. Seems to work for some and not others. Possibly depends on the variant of AppleTV you have?

Yeah, I noticed as well the lag between logging out of another device and it being possible to login to another device. Password reset fixed it.

Intrigued to find out WHY a password reset fixes this though. Unless it kicks in a workflow which clears all existing logged in records at the same time it's a bit of a strange one.

Because with whatever the above does, then they might be just as well instead having an auto-terminate/expire existing connections action happening on login through a device with a "all existing connections will be terminated" type message to the user.

Last edited:
And, for @Dave Angell you can still view via the app, but can’t purchase a match via the app. Dunno about casting via AppleTV though. Seems to work for some and not others. Possibly depends on the variant of AppleTV you have?

On the RTV app there's a Fixtures button on the bottom right, and from the fixtures displayed you were able to select that fixture and watch the video. That wasn't available to me on Saturday, despite having gone into the RTV webpage and purchasing the game (then logging back out to try viewing on the RTV app).

I won't be home from work in time to watch the Red Imps game so will need to wait until the next home fixture to try again.

The Apple TV box is a 5th gen model, although I used to have the 2nd gen model and was able to screen mirror fine from an iPhone. Regardless, it was working a treat for the first three home games.

Are they showing the Red Imps game or is it just Audio? Didn't think they had the rights to the Europa League but heard Tom mention the game just as I was logging off?

Had the same issue

I was using my phone (same device) but it wouldn’t let me log into the app (saying I was logged into too many devices). I then went on Safari and managed to log in.

However, while in Safari, and streaming through Apple TV, I kept getting automatically logged out every 10 minutes during the first half. I was going to reset my PW and give the RTV folks an earful at half time but it stopped doing it through the half time show and the entire second half....I think I’ll change my PW this week though...

Fn computers are like woman....can’t live with them can’t live without them!

On the RTV app there's a Fixtures button on the bottom right, and from the fixtures displayed you were able to select that fixture and watch the video. That wasn't available to me on Saturday, despite having gone into the RTV webpage and purchasing the game (then logging back out to try viewing on the RTV app).

I won't be home from work in time to watch the Red Imps game so will need to wait until the next home fixture to try again.

The Apple TV box is a 5th gen model, although I used to have the 2nd gen model and was able to screen mirror fine from an iPhone. Regardless, it was working a treat for the first three home games.

Strange. I’m guessing the root cause of this is, again, the failure to register the logout on the first device. It’s becoming a bit of a theme. The idea of an ‘auto-terminate’, as mooted by @GranvillusClutterbuckus, on all devices seems sensible. I know, for example, many don’t bother to logout from the App on their mobile device - but that only explains some of the issues, not them all.

I just find it annoying how I keep having a re sign in all the time. Thank goodness for autofill.

Ha ha, and there we have the first counter-argument to having RangersTV auto-terminate and log folk out automatically.:)

F*ck being involved in anything that involves trying to keep Rangers fans happy. We’d moan about absolutely anything.
Sorry I didn't realise it was a deliberate thing? I just noticed that when I refresh or anything I have to sign back in.

Sorry I didn't realise it was a deliberate thing? I just noticed that when I refresh or anything I have to sign back in.

Think we are at crossed purposes mate, probably my fault. Folk are getting accounts blocked for signing in on more than 1 device so it was suggested that you should be automatically logged out after a period of inactivity on a device. Leaving yourself signed in on the App is a common thing but if you then log in elsewhere it’s a problem. I thought you were arguing that the auto-logout due to inactivity was a bad idea.

I still say f*ck getting involved in anything to do with keeping Rangers fans happy though.;):)

I’m still waiting on a reply from them. If I wasn’t on FF and able to access posts from guys like @Valley Bluenose id have been screwed. I’m not happy with them at all this year and I’ve been with them since the beginning. It feels like the powers that be at the club are taking fans for granted in a lot of different areas. Merchandise, season tickets, RTV, led by “if you don’t like it do one” Robertson.

Had the same issue

I was using my phone (same device) but it wouldn’t let me log into the app (saying I was logged into too many devices). I then went on Safari and managed to log in.

However, while in Safari, and streaming through Apple TV, I kept getting automatically logged out every 10 minutes during the first half. I was going to reset my PW and give the RTV folks an earful at half time but it stopped doing it through the half time show and the entire second half....I think I’ll change my PW this week though...

Fn computers are like woman....can’t live with them can’t live without them!

I didn't think about the app being considered a log in.

Yeah, I noticed as well the lag between logging out of another device and it being possible to login to another device. Password reset fixed it.

Intrigued to find out WHY a password reset fixes this though. Unless it kicks in a workflow which clears all existing logged in records at the same time it's a bit of a strange one.

Because with whatever the above does, then they might be just as well instead having an auto-terminate/expire existing connections action happening on login through a device with a "all existing connections will be terminated" type message to the user.

I'm guessing they're a bit behind on development..BRLive used the screen code method and that worked for authorising a device. You can change your password on Netflix and have it not affect all of your log ins. You can manage individual devices on most streaming apps. The password change seems like a workaround. Account blocked sends the wrong message and being unable to log in without an error message or the stream not playing is just wrong.

I think they have an overall concurrent user issue. I think the volume is too high and they need to do work to increase the amount of users able to access the website. What's the point in having an RTV app and you can't buy games on it.

SPFL indicated to the club that we had to limit to one user

I'm guessing they're a bit behind on development..BRLive used the screen code method and that worked for authorising a device. You can change your password on Netflix and have it not affect all of your log ins. You can manage individual devices on most streaming apps. The password change seems like a workaround. Account blocked sends the wrong message and being unable to log in without an error message or the stream not playing is just wrong.

I think they have an overall concurrent user issue. I think the volume is too high and they need to do work to increase the amount of users able to access the website. What's the point in having an RTV app and you can't buy games on it.

Your question about not being able to purchase via the App is very straightforward. Both Google and Apple impose a levy on in-App purchases on any Apps on their respective platforms. Last I read it was 20%. Bollocks to those two behemoths taking a slice of the RangersTV pie just to save you the inconvenience of going to the website.

There also isn’t an issue with capacity. @GranvillusClutterbuckus is the man to explain the technicalities of that one though.

I watched one of the league games using my dad's login earlier in the season because I couldn't get into my own, while he was watching simultaneously. Not sure if the one device rule was implemented recently but that's interesting, makes financial sense obviously.

Valley Bluenose should be getting paid by Rangers btw, he's offered more help and support with RTV than Rangers have. I don't envy their job but they really could do much more.

Same happened to me. I think the reason there was no video option was because I had automatically been logged out of the App when I logged into the website to buy the match.

When I eventually realised it wouldn’t allow me to log in as I presume it didn’t realise I’d logged out of the website.

Either that or whatever way I was automatically logged out of the App only logged me out of the screen and didn’t register me as logged out with the system.

Your question about not being able to purchase via the App is very straightforward. Both Google and Apple impose a levy on in-App purchases on any Apps on their respective platforms. Last I read it was 20%. Bollocks to those two behemoths taking a slice of the RangersTV pie just to save you the inconvenience of going to the website.

There also isn’t an issue with capacity. @GranvillusClutterbuckus is the man to explain the technicalities of that one though.

Definitely interested in hearing an explanation. It should just be a straight log in process but we have this device issue then I was receiving nothing after entering my credentials.

If peo

The issues I faced were

1) account blocked for being logged in elsewhere - resolved error message by resetting password
2) no error message after inputting username and password just nothing, unresponsive on laptop phone and TV
3) getting access then not being able to see the video e.g. press play and get the rotating circle, tried chrome, edge, samsung browser

Tried again last night with no changes my end and was able to log in first time and watch the highlights. For those like me buying game by game I want to support the club with payment but if it's between that and pressing the EPSN app then that's what I would do (whenever those games are broadcast!)

Definitely interested in hearing an explanation. It should just be a straight log in process but we have this device issue then I was receiving nothing after entering my credentials.

If peo

The issues I faced were

1) account blocked for being logged in elsewhere - resolved error message by resetting password
2) no error message after inputting username and password just nothing, unresponsive on laptop phone and TV
3) getting access then not being able to see the video e.g. press play and get the rotating circle, tried chrome, edge, samsung browser

Tried again last night with no changes my end and was able to log in first time and watch the highlights. For those like me buying game by game I want to support the club with payment but if it's between that and pressing the EPSN app then that's what I would do (whenever those games are broadcast!)

There’s definitely an issue with logouts registering. As you discovered, a password reset generally resolves this. The SLO has said the SPFL are driving the one login criteria but, to be honest, I can see why Rangers would want to enforce it stringently. Sharing login details will cost the Club a lot of dosh. FWIW the Dhims do exactly the same - but they’ve been doing it pre this season.

2 & 3 I have no idea. So many variables that could result in the symptoms you describe. Assuming you are overseas then it’s not a VPN issue, which is the normal culprit. Other users hogging bandwidth is another favourite - kids on XBox, Mrs on a Netflix etc. Dodgy Wi-fi would be another, I use Ethernet when I can but when I do use Wi-fi it works fine for me unless my son is streaming as well (I use a VPN which doesn’t help) when I might have to change the Setting to below 1080p. Might be worth clearing cache/cookies on your various devices before attempting login just to get rid of any stuff that’s hanging around related to RangersTV.

I can only speak as I find. Every game in the last 3 years, bar a handful I’ve managed to attend, I’ve watched on RangersTV. I very, very rarely encounter any issues. Desktop, laptop and iPad utilised. I wouldn’t even attempt to watch it using a tv browser I have to say.

There’s definitely an issue with logouts registering. As you discovered, a password reset generally resolves this. The SLO has said the SPFL are driving the one login criteria but, to be honest, I can see why Rangers would want to enforce it stringently. Sharing login details will cost the Club a lot of dosh. FWIW the Dhims do exactly the same - but they’ve been doing it pre this season.

2 & 3 I have no idea. So many variables that could result in the symptoms you describe. Assuming you are overseas then it’s not a VPN issue, which is the normal culprit. Other users hogging bandwidth is another favourite - kids on XBox, Mrs on a Netflix etc. Dodgy Wi-fi would be another, I use Ethernet when I can but when I do use Wi-fi it works fine for me unless my son is streaming as well (I use a VPN which doesn’t help) when I might have to change the Setting to below 1080p. Might be worth clearing cache/cookies on your various devices before attempting login just to get rid of any stuff that’s hanging around related to RangersTV.

I can only speak as I find. Every game in the last 3 years, bar a handful I’ve managed to attend, I’ve watched on RangersTV. I very, very rarely encounter any issues. Desktop, laptop and iPad utilised. I wouldn’t even attempt to watch it using a tv browser I have to say.
The biggest issue is that it can be fine some weeks for people then the same set up and circumstances and it's a disaster another week. I was fine for the first few weeks with only a blip for the Kilmarnock game but Saturday was a shambles.

Why don't they run it off one connection to your public IP address then it doesn't matter how many devices are connected but they all have to be in close proximity to your router so at best people in the same household could watch it on different devices. That would at least allow people to find the right set up if one fails without having to miss parts of the game trying to log out, clear cache and cookies, log in elsewhere, reset password because it hasn't logged you out properly so blocked your account and then repeat.

It seems to be fine for some but then it was for me for a while so it might happen to them in the future. If they want us to pay all this money for season tickets then they should ensure that we at least get to see the game without the rigmarole we have had to face.

Latest posts

Back