Would you pay your season ticket next year ?

Would you Renew next season if we”re in the same boat as this ?

• Yes

Votes: 837 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 102 9.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 168 15.2%

• Total voters
The senior players and Manager and assistant would have to take a wage cut can't be down to the Fans again. Our players are well paid (Millionaires) and only wanted deferred wages in a pandemic for 3 months especially after the collapse of the league title bid after the winter break again.

Absolutely yes. Think the question more to the point would be what will the Mrs think of a second 600 odd quid for not a lot.:rolleyes:

I voted No, but I realise that might change come renewal time. It’s a crazy amount of money to pay out for virtually no return.

Yes 100% and I think the vast majority will do the same. My concern is, who will be around to play against? Most clubs in Scotland must already be in dire straits. No visits from the OF is of course hugely damaging to these clubs, less season tickets as well I imagine, no general ticket sales so far. And there is no point in the staunch feck them attitude. We need to be playing in meaningful competitions against decent opposition. Slightly off track for this thread of course, so apologies for that.

Took me 4 years to get offered a season ticket that wasn’t the club deck so aye I will be renewing. I’m not giving this up

I’m undecided as another year paying out just shy of £1500 is a big ask especially if no fans can attend- will make an informed decision nearer renewal time on wether it is financially prudent or viable to renew
There come a time when loyalty can no longer be a substitute for unlimited financial outlay with no guarantees of being able to attend.
if this was not the Rangers that this season’s money was going to I doubt many would not have made such a financial decision to pay with nothing in return

I’d renew but I think they’d be ripping the piss if they increased the price, which was the plan for this season

Technically keeping the same price for 20/21 was an increase due to the lost matches from 19/20 but if they fire a 5-10% increase onto 21/22 I think there’ll be thousands that don’t renew

If there is zero likelihood of attending ANY game next season as well I would renew but would appreciate if the club deducted the usual running costs for a capacity Ibrox match off the everyone's ticket pro rata. It won't be costing a fraction of what it normally does to run a match at Ibrox in the current state of affairs.
A great point. For this season I personally think its unlikely we will see many games where the stadium is open and even if it is open it will be reduced capacity. However, I would counter your argument about next season. Lets say in May it looks like reduced crowds again but by November the ground is fully open How does the club then cover those costs? Between the lack of normal costs and the new kit deal, the club must be in fine fettle right now.

The senior players and Manager and assistant would have to take a wage cut can't be down to the Fans again. Our players are well paid (Millionaires) and only wanted deferred wages in a pandemic for 3 months especially after the collapse of the league title bid after the winter break again.

i still think this was very poor from all involved.

I take it with the virtual season ticket that you don't pay the £9.99 to watch our home matches? I'm actually enjoying watching the matches on RTV rather than giving my hard earned to Premier Sports or the likes.

I no longer have a season ticket so it’s a mute point for me, and easy to say I would.

Difficult situation for many though - the season ticket is a lot of money and many have to sacrifice other things for it. To spend that money and not get any value or football out of it will be difficult or even impossible to justify.

Yes there is an importance of money coming into the club but real people living real lives can’t just write off hundreds of pounds because it’s Rangers.

I now see my season ticket as an investment in the club rather than it being something that gives me any entitlement.

Not saying that's how it should be, it's just where I'm at. I buy for me and my boy, and given other things I spend money on over a year, it's more than justified given the amount of time we spend talking, thinking, dreaming and watching Rangers.

Hopefully I'll be able to afford to keep doing that. I totally understand the position of anyone who is not going to buy a season ticket in current circumstances though.

Yes, financial circumstances permitting.

I’ve started saving the money I’m not spending on travel, food, beer etc on matchdays at the moment away in to a separate account, to put it towards next season’s ticket.

I voted yes. However I think it is highly unfair to charge different prices per stand until crowds are fully back in grounds.
Same price for everybody for me.

I’ve said this a few times, we don’t get the league, no attendance at games, Board don’t come out and support us, plus the crap from the Authorities, then it could possibly be snow of a dyke, and this from two that never even took up the £25.00.

Due to health, the Digital ST has been great for me, the home games i can watch on RTV.
It’s an income that goes straight to Rangers, that would not have done so otherwise. I don’t use VPN or whatever it is.
I feel for normal ST holders though, next year there should be no charge for MyGers as nobody (as it stands) has any benefit from it this year.
That is a good point about mygers.

Just get the horrible feeling we won’t get into see the Famous Inrox this season, at least not all season ticket holders and fans that is.

fast forward next season and we’re in the same boat would you renew again or give it a miss? I would still do it but I know a few that’s said they would t and to be fair it a lot of money to part with if you’re not getting what you paid for..

I’ll support the club all I can. I’m a YES ;)

Yes, will renew. I spend about 30-40 quid per match day anyway. All going well that will continue to be put aside during each digital match and used to go towards next years season book. I respect everyone’s reasons for and against renewing though.

I have been getting fed up going to games the last couple of seasons,Fixture list is subject to change as they say,Tavelling up earlier and earlier to find decent parking,Hanging about till K.O. with nowhere really to go and pass the time,Then the bumper to bumper queue to get away,I had already made my mind up season 21/22 would be my last regardless of how successful we are.I might call it a day a season earlier.

As long as I have the money then its a definite yes for me.

To me, paying for your ST is like putting your personal investment in to help the club and you can already see how much the club has benefited from this season so far as we have already sold out our STs.

Plus if you lose it, it could be a while before you're able to get it back due to the large waiting list.

I'm sure they will be people who can't, but those ST will just be taken up by someone else. I think the myGers waiting list shows that there is a lot of people who are prepared to take up a ST if someone else doesn't.

I'll be renewing as almost got my boys seats next to mine, well eventually be back so worth the Investment.

Do you want a team to follow ?

Then pay up, if you were going to anyway.

Still say Rangers shouldve done this pre 2012 to avert 2012

Question should say "Do you want the club to cease trading Y/N"

Without season ticket money we're fckued.

Partly true, but we have a number of £10m - £20m rated assets in our squad that could be sold to make up any funding shortfall.

Personally I’ll renew unless the board increase ST prices knowing fine well we’d be unlikely to get to all league home games next season. That would be completely ripping the piss out of the fans and in which case, I’d probably give it serious consideration due to the principle of the matter.

As long as I have the money then its a definite yes for me.

To me, paying for your ST is like putting your personal investment in to help the club and you can already see how much the club has benefited from this season so far as we have already sold out our STs.

Plus if you lose it, it could be a while before you're able to get it back due to the large waiting list.

I suspect come next year there will be many more hundreds of thousands of job losses therefore I’m not convinced there will be huge waiting lists for ST uptake for any club.

As I said, the club have to be reasonable if there’s still no sign of full stadiums next season. No justification for a price increase other than ripping the piss

Yes I would. Had a season ticket for the past 34 seasons, so couldn't imagine not having one.

I am in a lucky position though of having job security, working for the NHS. I know lots of people will be in a poorer financial situation come next year, sadly.

Yes I will renew.

I have resigned myself to not seeing the inside of Ibrox this season.

I would not be surprised to be missing at least the first half of next season as well.

Until an effective treatment is found the leaders of the world - not just in UK/Scotland - will not permit large gatherings.

Sad times.

I opened this thread with some trepidation but delighted to see that the vast majority realise the importance of helping to keep the club afloat.
I'll be renewing mine and Jnrs!

I know of a guy who bought a season ticket off the waiting list this year, who doesn’t think he’ll get to Ibrox this season. He just wants to make sure when fans return, he’s got a season ticket. There will be many like him in the same position who I assume would also be happy to buy next year.

There is a big waiting list. Chances are. if you don't renew, someone else will buy your seat and you have to join the waiting list.

Partly true, but we have a number of £10m - £20m rated assets in our squad that could be sold to make up any funding shortfall.

Personally I’ll renew unless the board increase ST prices knowing fine well we’d be unlikely to get to all league home games next season. That would be completely ripping the piss out of the fans and in which case, I’d probably give it serious consideration due to the principle of the matter.
The board dont have a crystal ball. How will they know fine well what's happening with lockdowns?

The principled stance, to my mind, is supporting the club come what may.

It's called loyalty.

It's a yes from me, outwith the essentials to keep the family going, it's my main priority as long as I'm healthy and can afford to pay it I'll never give mines or my daughter's ticket up.

The board dont have a crystal ball. How will they know fine well what's happening with lockdowns?

The principled stance, to my mind, is supporting the club come what may.

It's called loyalty.

If come renewal time next season and we’ve yet to have full capacity in the stadium, they can’t justify a price increase.

There’s loyalty and then there’s ripping the pish

Every intention of renewing our 2 next season, even if matches are still BCD. I joined my Gers and bought the new kit primarily to do what I could to get revenue into the club.

Health and employment permitting, we'll continue supporting the club in any way we can in these difficult times.

Back