Pathetic Quality From Castore

All these mistakes but you're happy with the ones in charge. Even when it was another of these numerous mistakes which has caused this castore shitshow. Not once have they came out and sided with supporters getting shafted left right and centre. Bears getting ripped off. Our club being Made a laughing stock. But its ok as your happy.

You must have been devestated when King and Co finally kicked the whigs arses out of the club for good.

You must have been devestated when King and Co finally kicked the whigs arses out of the club for good.
Why would I be devasted. They promised better things would happen. All I want is for us to be run professionally like every big club. If our board are incapable of doing it then they headhunt for the people that can. Or we will continue meandering along with amateurs who are just wanting as much money out of us as they can squeeze. If this was anyone else like the spivs making a mess of these deals we would be as vocal. Some people's loyalty is clouding their judgement. The same loyalty those in that boardroom havent shown any of us through this castore sham.

Why would I be devasted. They promised better things would happen. All I want is for us to be run professionally like every big club. If our board are incapable of doing it then they headhunt for the people that can. Or we will continue meandering along with amateurs who are just wanting as much money out of us as they can squeeze. If this was anyone else like the spivs making a mess of these deals we would be as vocal. Some people's loyalty is clouding their judgement. The same loyalty those in that boardroom havent shown any of us through this castore sham.
Come on Stevie, we’re in a good place. They need to sort this breakdown with C1872 and hold Castore to account. It’s up to the team/management to get us silverware then we will be back where we rightly belong. You’re ignoring the good points and focusing on the few negatives.

Total rubbish. Our club is infinitely better run under the current owners.

And they've been given a bit of leeway because they literally saved our club when it was infested with grifters who were practically stripping the copper wire out of the buildings.

The ones signing the deals now where in as part of kings regime. Was it not park one who went and got Pedro. Stop trying to give these amateurs fet out clauses. I know adidas and the likes wouldnt touch us. But who got us into the retail clusterfuck in the first place having to rely on a two man team. They're backing castore over their own bread and butter. They should be wary of not biting the hand that feeds them. We us the fans are Rangers and the board could do with a reminder of that.

Maybe you should buy them out then?

I'm looking to order the away shirt in a small adult as a present by next week at latest.

Has anyone who has ordered recently and, had delivered, experienced any quality control issues since the statement from Castore that they'll improve on everything?

He’s got a deal with Castore to sell our strips. Not us.

Some amount of misinformation goes about.
Well that's one way of putting it. First he was nothing to do with castore. Then he would be getting only a small amount of items. Then the real story comes out and hes the only shop in the high street exclusively selling our merchandise. Im just sick of the lies being peddled to us and we've to swallow it. Because deep down the board are real rangers men they get a free pass . After these last 8 years no one should be getting free passes.

Have to say I personally have had no problems with the quality of the Castore home top or the navy training jacket the players had on at the airport today.
Both great quality and been washed a couple of times without any problem. Also bought a Castore tshirt in their sale for almost half price and quality is brilliant.
I realise some people have had problems and have been rightly vocal about it but is this not normal for the amount of garments we’ve sold?
Hopefully lessons learned and Castore don’t make the same mistake in future. We are tied in with a long contract and maybe they have bitten off more than they can chew at the start of this deal. Think this will be sorted going forward.

Not sure why some people are ripping the board so completely, they didn't see this coming. They should be responding better but in case nobody noticed they have brought in 2 strikers, held on to Kent, solidified the defense, have competition for the goal tending position, kept the manager happy which has led to a record breaking start to the season.
But aye, the shirts are shite and thats their fault not Castores....

As eye watering as £100 seems for a hoody it is becoming bog standard price. My 19 year old nephew came up and seen me a week or so back with a monstrosity of a jumper on (big lion shit-type design on the front) can't mind the make. He paid £250 for it.

After laughing at him I kicked his head in and stuck it on ebay

Kenzo!

Well that's one way of putting it. First he was nothing to do with castore. Then he would be getting only a small amount of items. Then the real story comes out and hes the only shop in the high street exclusively selling our merchandise. Im just sick of the lies being peddled to us and we've to swallow it. Because deep down the board are real Rangers men they get a free pass . After these last 8 years no one should be getting free passes.
What a load of nonsense.

Not sure why some people are ripping the board so completely, they didn't see this coming. They should be responding better but in case nobody noticed they have brought in 2 strikers, held on to Kent, solidified the defense, have competition for the goal tending position, kept the manager happy which has led to a record breaking start to the season.
But aye, the shirts are shite and thats their fault not Castores....
They signed the deal with the 2 man band. When the shit hits the fan they and castore are nowhere to be seen. This has been a %^*& up of all proportions. The shoddy gear. Different styles of tops. Then lying about said tops to try and cover there arse. No refunds for 5 weeks. That fucking school jumper fiasco. The board have been silent on all of the above. They're happy to shite all over the top of us. As long as the money is in the bank. We are collateral damage. If the lifeblood of my company was being ripped of by a new supplier and the issues are still over 5 weeks old then I would come out backing my fans to the hilt. The question remains why aren't they backing us the same way most of the people on this thread are backing them.

Throughout our history we have been run as a big club barring the last 8 years. This lot may be investing money. But it's clear to see these last few years they don't have a clue in running a football club. Everything they do is amateurish. From those cheap tacky plastic things on the side of stadium. Fucking up business deals with SD and others which then led to Hummel breaking ties. Now we're left with this castore shit show. But not one mention from club. I could guarantee If umbro, nike or any other company were ripping off our supporters and selling shoddy items then statements would be have been made long before now. Why are our club not bothered that we're getting treated like shite. They really only care for our money.
'This lot' as you call them, have been clearing up the absolute shit-show of mismanagement their predecessors oversaw. Years of the club being ripped off, court cases all over the place and a general shambles on and off the park. They have put their hands in their pockets to help ensure the stadium, the training ground, the management team and squad has improved much more quickly than could have been possible with supporters money alone. Yes, they've got some things wrong as I'm sure they'd admit, but considering where we were when 'this lot' took over, your comment is a disgrace.

My father in law bought a home top last week when they came back into stock online and it got delivered yesterday. Its a made in Turkey one

My father in law bought a home top last week when they came back into stock online and it got delivered yesterday. Its a made in Turkey one

Has the message still not got through. Men’s Home tops are made in Turkey. Women’s Home, and some Junior Home, are made in China. There is no Men’s Home made in China other than the as yet unreleased Pro top at circa £100. Away and Third are made in China. The Mens Home isn’t.

Has the message still not got through. Men’s Home tops are made in Turkey. Women’s Home, and some Junior Home, are made in China. There is no Men’s Home made in China other than the as yet unreleased Pro top at circa £100. Away and Third are made in China. The Mens Home isn’t.
Thanks for hammering that point home mate much appreciated, i must have missed it somewhere in the 4,671 posts before mine.

I've been dipping in and out of this thread and got the impression the turkeys were snide and would be phased out

Personally, I can’t see that happening with this years top. It would open up an even bigger can of worms. Plenty have been happy with what they’ve got. I’ve not purchased, but if I did it would be Away or Third. It will need to wait until I’m next in Scotland and can get to the Ibrox shop though. Wouldn't buy clothes, or shoes, online. From anybody.

Has anyone actually seen this sweater? https://shop.rangers.co.uk/collections/lifestyle/products/rfc-cotton-sweater-grey-navy

The one I received is of awful quality and looks different (no stitching on the neck as an example). Real Fruit of the Loom quality. Everyone else I know who has bought one also received the shite quality one. The same one seems to be the one in the shop too.

I’ve contacted Castore 4 times about this, but never a reply.

I’m harping on about this - but it’s beyond insane that they think it’s fine to advertise this jumper and just post out a total shitey different one. There really needs to be a comment on this. They’re knowingly false advertising.

Does the jumper in the link even exist? I would like one if it does, but it seems not.

'This lot' as you call them, have been clearing up the absolute shit-show of mismanagement their predecessors oversaw. Years of the club being ripped off, court cases all over the place and a general shambles on and off the park. They have put their hands in their pockets to help ensure the stadium, the training ground, the management team and squad has improved much more quickly than could have been possible with supporters money alone. Yes, they've got some things wrong as I'm sure they'd admit, but considering where we were when 'this lot' took over, your comment is a disgrace.
And the answer to our board fixing those contracts was to make bigger lady's front bottom of it than before. But yes my comment is a disgrace. For calling out an ineptife board who seem like they're winging it in every department.

Comment was a disgrace only because your myopic viewpoint doesn't like any unconvienient truth. Its called cognitive dissonance.

Promised better things would happen? The first game after they took over was queen of the south. We drew 1 all with a squad that was worth gbp5mm in total. For you to compare that to last weekend’s game and say there hasn’t been progress I am afraid shows the quality of your arguments. Also you talk about the current leadership as if they are one person. David King no longer has any role in the club’s running but according to you this has no impact - they are all the same people! Could you imagine being Douglas Park or John Bennet trying to resolve these issues with supporters such as yourself? Have you ever resolved a problem or made things better yourself or just snipe from the sidelines and complain? Your negativity is draining and would be delighted to see a positive recommendation other than going to Nike.

Has anyone actually seen this sweater? https://shop.Rangers.co.uk/collections/lifestyle/products/rfc-cotton-sweater-grey-navy

The one I received is of awful quality and looks different (no stitching on the neck as an example). Real Fruit of the Loom quality. Everyone else I know who has bought one also received the shite quality one. The same one seems to be the one in the shop too.

I’m harping on about this - but it’s beyond insane that they think it’s fine to advertise this jumper and just post out a total shitey different one. There really needs to be a comment on this. They’re knowingly false advertising.

Does the jumper in the link even exist? I would like one if it does, but it seems not.
I bought the one in the shop and it didn’t have the stitching on the neck. The first time I washed it, it lost all its shape. Made in India. Shite quality to be honest. The neck seems to have stretched also since washing.
I posted earlier in the thread saying I was happy with the quality but since coming out of the washing machine it’s now been thrown in the corner of the wardrobe. 55 quid. Complete waste of money.
I also bought my youngest the 1st and 3rd kit. 3rd kit is excellent quality but the home shirt is awful.

And the answer to our board fixing those contracts was to make bigger lady's front bottom of it than before. But yes my comment is a disgrace. For calling out an ineptife board who seem like they're winging it in every department.

Comment was a disgrace only because your myopic viewpoint doesn't like any unconvienient truth. Its called cognitive dissonance.
You think the current deal, for all its teething problems, is worse than the Ashley deal? Get real. You also conveniently gloss over the other positives I mentioned. As for them winging it in every department, that's just laughable. It's clearly not me that has the myopic viewpoint. Any credibility you had has evaporated with that nonsense.

I finally received my refund today. Sent my top back 41 days ago now.

9 emails sent to them. Was only after including the commercial rangers email, and threatening to open up a paypal dispute, that they finally refunded me through paypal. Despite their previous email at that time saying they opened a 14 day investigation with hermes.

Refund was pending in paypal for 10 days before it hit my account. Never had that for an item of clothing purchased online...

Lost out on the postage fees though. £8.05 down and they wouldnt give me it despite me asking twice.

Got a refund for my home top, am I daft for wanting to order a new one? Has the quality been improved, or will it be the same quality as the one I returned?

Dont want to go through all the hassle of lettering falling off again!

Got a refund for my home top, am I daft for wanting to order a new one? Has the quality been improved, or will it be the same quality as the one I returned?

Mines is a pre order one and it’s perfectly fine. Been washed 7/8/9 times.

Best heading to the shop if you can if you have doubts about buying online.

I bought the one in the shop and it didn’t have the stitching on the neck. The first time I washed it, it lost all its shape. Made in India. Shite quality to be honest. The neck seems to have stretched also since washing.
I posted earlier in the thread saying I was happy with the quality but since coming out of the washing machine it’s now been thrown in the corner of the wardrobe. 55 quid. Complete waste of money.
I also bought my youngest the 1st and 3rd kit. 3rd kit is excellent quality but the home shirt is awful.
Poor quality jumpers is not an excuse for laziness. Tidy up after yourself. A clean/tidy home is a happy home.

I've had the home top since pre ordereding wore it to fives about 10 times and been through the washing machine (at the right temperature 40 degrees :)). No problems with it at all still. Looks brand new quality is great, I obviously never got one out Of the Turkish sweatshop...

Has anyone actually seen this sweater? https://shop.Rangers.co.uk/collections/lifestyle/products/rfc-cotton-sweater-grey-navy

They don’t exit I’ve said a few times in this thread. It’s still the school jumpers but with castore on them and not the ‘name’ tags. But according to castore and the SLO only 20 of them were produced. There is racks of them still in the shop! It’s a disgrace that they show a picture of a completely different jumper on the website and send the school jumper out. It’s probably illegal. Folk on this thread have questioned what I’m saying but it’s there for everyone to see in the shop. Maybe you could post a picture of you top so people can see the difference to the one with the nice stitching etc on the website.

You think the current deal, for all its teething problems, is worse than the Ashley deal? Get real. You also conveniently gloss over the other positives I mentioned. As for them winging it in every department, that's just laughable. It's clearly not me that has the myopic viewpoint. Any credibility you had has evaporated with that nonsense.
Its not just the current deal though is it. It's been every retail deal. We're either in court paying damages every other season. Losing the likes of hummel because of the ineptitude of our board and their decisions. Leaving us with this shitshow of a deal thats making us a laughing stock. Yet every year we've been told Ashley is no more since 2017. Well 3 years later and guess what he is still here with exclusivity deals for selling our kit in high street stores. The word exclusivity is key here. That was more lies just a few months ago from castore and our board. You back these liars and try and question my credibility while fellow bears are being took for mugs and getting ripped off by these liars.

There are none so blind....

Last edited:

I bought one of these and it's different from the one shown in the picture, no stitching at crew neck.
By the looks of things I was Lucky, as I've had it refunded as wasn't a good fit.
I noticed they were on sale on castore's own site unbranded.
Wonder if there the same top.

Promised better things would happen? The first game after they took over was queen of the south. We drew 1 all with a squad that was worth gbp5mm in total. For you to compare that to last weekend’s game and say there hasn’t been progress I am afraid shows the quality of your arguments. Also you talk about the current leadership as if they are one person. David King no longer has any role in the club’s running but according to you this has no impact - they are all the same people! Could you imagine being Douglas Park or John Bennet trying to resolve these issues with supporters such as yourself? Have you ever resolved a problem or made things better yourself or just snipe from the sidelines and complain? Your negativity is draining and would be delighted to see a positive recommendation other than going to Nike.
Park and bennet don't need to resolve these issues with individual supporters. All they need to do is release a statement telling fans that theyve got our backs how they won't let our fans get ripped off. They're taking it up with castore and pushing castore for full refunds/exchanges for faulty goods and making them use a quality supplier in future.

As i have repeated if this was any other club I doubt they would be sitting back watching fans having to return strips in droves. Pay 55 for what was a school jumper. Non existent customer service waiting 5+weeks for refunds. The club would have released a statement alongside the company producing the inferior products.

Most other clubs would be backing their fans to the hilt and suing the company producing said shoddy garments. Our board won't even reply to shareholders asking questions about it. Why is this the case. Is it because they're amateurs who have no idea how to run a football club or are they in on it and don't care how much bears are being fleeced for shoddy goods. As long as they get their cut. My negativity might be draining but there's no point ignoring all the faults thats been happening with castore scam being the latest. A fish rots from the head down.

I think I’ve had my home top washed under 5 times anyways as haven’t wore it much and the energy check sponsor on the back is pealing/cracked off some bits.

I am all for letting Castore get it wrong this season - do the same next year and they’ll not be getting a penny off me ever again. And I’ll certainly not be pre ordering I’ll wait until next September to see if they’ve managed to get this pathetic attempt at creating a strip with no issues.

I think I’ve had my home top washed under 5 times anyways as haven’t wore it much and the energy check sponsor on the back is pealing/cracked off some bits.

I am all for letting Castore get it wrong this season - do the same next year and they’ll not be getting a penny off me ever again. And I’ll certainly not be pre ordering I’ll wait until next September to see if they’ve managed to get this pathetic attempt at creating a strip with no issues.

I'm of the same opinion now as yourself. In my mind they need to be bang on it next season with customer service, quality and get the demand correct both in store and online.

If they aren't then they will have lost most peoples good faith.

I have just received the grey coaches 3/4 zip top. Ordered online on Sat, delivered by today by Royal Mail.

No issues with it, stitching is fine as is the printing. Material feels really good and the fits great.

I had also bought the home top on pre-order and the away and 3rd tops from the shop. No issues with any of them.

I have received a refund for the home top (plus the initial shipping). But Castore have confirmed they won't reimburse me for the return costs.

Absolutely disgraceful.

Whats James Bisgroves email address?

They don’t exit I’ve said a few times in this thread. It’s still the school jumpers but with castore on them and not the ‘name’ tags. But according to castore and the SLO only 20 of them were produced. There is racks of them still in the shop! It’s a disgrace that they show a picture of a completely different jumper on the website and send the school jumper out. It’s probably illegal. Folk on this thread have questioned what I’m saying but it’s there for everyone to see in the shop. Maybe you could post a picture of you top so people can see the difference to the one with the nice stitching etc on the website.

You’re correct. It’s most likely that 20 went out with the school tags in - like @The Dude posted. Every other jumper that has gone out since (and is still being sold) is pretty much the school jumper without the school labels in.

They’re certainly not the ones being advertised for £60.

I posted pics of my jumper on post 1,333 and assume this is the same one everyone else has received and is the one in the shop.

I have received a refund for the home top (plus the initial shipping). But Castore have confirmed they won't reimburse me for the return costs.

Absolutely disgraceful.

Whats James Bisgroves email address?
The postage fee to return doesn’t have to be refunded. It’s not great, but at least you got the initial delivery fee refunded.

Back