FC Midtjylland v BSC Young Boys

Have to agree.

YB were the only team to beat us on aggregate until we met Bayer.
Agree with that , but that first half v Braga I thought we were totally out of our depth and said to my mate they were far superior to anyone we faced. Then Hagi scored and from then and until the end of the tie we absolutely horsed them from nowhere.

I felt YB were strong all over but still annoyed we never beat them as they were there for us

I thought they were the poorest in the team in the group and I honestly haven’t been so annoyed at us losing a game or dropping points. Three individual errors gifted them three goals.

Not sure if people will remember but I was absolutely fuming :))

Agree with this should have had a penalty at 1-0 over there as well which would have probably won us the game and instead came away with 0 points. I think Braga were better than Young Boys and thought Midtjylland were decent as well when we played them. Midtjylland season has only just started and they got beat at the weekend so think Young Boys might put them out.

For our own European interest Willem v Progres is on tonight as well.

I thought they were the poorest team in the group and I honestly haven’t been so annoyed at us losing a game or dropping points. Three individual errors gifted them three goals.

Not sure if people will remember but I was absolutely fuming :))

I do remember EB. And all three goals were cheap.

As has been said on the thread, they aren’t a nice, flowing team to watch, but they have a stodginess and toughness that makes them a difficult opponent.

Would I like a ST there ? Absolutely no,

Do I think they’ll knock the Danes out ? Yes, unfortunately.

I do remember EB. And all three goals were cheap.

As has been said on the thread, they aren’t a nice, flowing team to watch, but they have a stodginess and toughness that makes them a difficult opponent.

Would I like a ST there ? Absolutely no,

Do I think they’ll knock the Danes out ? Yes, unfortunately.
It will be a good game regardless, I’ve said I wouldn’t be surprised if the Danes pull of a win here.

Think I will have a wee flutter.

Getting Sisto back £2m can either be an outstanding signing for Midjtylland or a disaster, just needs to screw the nut on.

Agree with that , but that first half v Braga I thought we were totally out of our depth and said to my mate they were far superior to anyone we faced. Then Hagi scored and from then and until the end of the tie we absolutely horsed them from nowhere.

I felt YB were strong all over but still annoyed we never beat them as they were there for us

There is no question we should have beaten them, I absolutely agree.

And as you say, Braga roasted us football wise
It will be a good game regardless, I’ve said I wouldn’t be surprised if the Danes pull of a win here.

Think I will have a wee flutter.

If you do, good luck.

Mind you, I've already wished Scotty good luck on his wee
flutter FOR YB :))

Problem is Grigo I stopped gambling once the COVID kicked in and enjoying having some cash I’m my pocket just now!!!:) So please go for it on a small flutter hahaha

Funny :))

Don’t worry DeDe, I won’t complain to you if it loses mate:D

I’ve had a decent wee run recently so I can afford a wee double losing on me.

But it does look good, despite EB’s hard on for xxxxxx fookit - a danish team:cool:

Out with Leverkusen, YBOB were the best team we played against last year. Not the prettiest but they offer a threat throughout the game

Was not overly impressed with them although they were the one team we failed to beat over the 14 qualifiers and group games.

We should have won away. At 1-0 to us midway through the 2nd half their keeper makes a wonderful save from Alfie and we are later denied a stonewall penalty. Then comes Tavs aberrations in injury time that see us lose.

At Ibrox as the game neared the end we got nervous holding on to 1 goal lead but other than that it was a cagey game. Also YBOB knew that they had to get an equaluser to have any chance of qualifying to the group stages.

Fancy the Danes to win.

Now face a trip to Prague to face Slavia.

Could be interesting.......

Back