Ryan Jack out for a month

He needs a sustained run of fitness. After the injury v Motherwell he’s never really been fully fit. Niggles here and there every few weeks.

It's a blow but it's not a massive issue to me. I see Glen Kamara as the better player of the two. Appreciate Gerrard seems to favour Jack but I think that is more down to mentality and attitude than actual ability.

Both at their best I would take Kamara definitely. That's why Glen is attracting interest from all over the place.
There’s no doubt in my mind, Kamara is the better of the two. Jacks injury record is why he’s not spoken about in the same terms for moves

Fxxks sake!!!!

What is the reason for this?

Are our players trained incorrectly?
Or
Are we asking too much of our players in terms of the way we play?
Or
Do opponents put the boot in to our players deliberately injuring them?
Or
Is it just pure bad voodoo luck?

Thankfully Davis is in form and can cover.

The only positive thing to come out of it is we don't have to see Jack and Kamara playing in the same team.

Arfield also looked good when he came on against Dundee Utd.

Does anyone know how long Aribo is out for?

Depressing, would be surprised if we don’t see a signing in the next few days. There is a reason it’s Jacko and Davis or Kamara....

Thankfully we don’t really need him for a week or two, pray he’s back for the EL play off.

great player.

The only positive thing to come out of it is we don't have to see Jack and Kamara playing in the same team.

Arfield also looked good when he came on against Dundee Utd.

Does anyone know how long Aribo is out for?
6 weeks according to sky sports

Jack is huge for our team btw.

Often goes under the radar, but he’s huge in how we play.

He is also one of the few nasty bastards we have.

Losing him for the mentally challenged game is a real blow.

I'm not so sure, although we'd certainly be better having the option of playing him.
I think we're too predictable in MF, especially when we play Jack + Kamara. You could see the immediate improvement Saturday when Glen replaced Jack, likewise Alfie on for Barker.
Jack may be needed when we are under pressure, being attacked, but I think we're better with Kamara.
Aribo is a bigger miss. Need him back asap.

We need 1 fast but it needs to be the right target on a permanent deal, also 1 loan would be great but we've had an Academy kid in Ejaria now doing well at Championship level, failed with us. We also had King an international and EPL winner who failed also so it's not a great position for us to rush into. After our recent 2 departures we are we bare in there and will be putting the strain on Davis to play 3 times a week. Big Edmundson will need to step up on occasions to plug a gap and see games out

It's a blow but it's not a massive issue to me. I see Glen Kamara as the better player of the two. Appreciate Gerrard seems to favour Jack but I think that is more down to mentality and attitude than actual ability.

Both at their best I would take Kamara definitely. That's why Glen is attracting interest from all over the place.
Got to agree with this.
Nothing against Jack at all, I think he’s excellent at breaking play up, and helps give an immediate out to our 2 centre backs, but I think the way Kamara played against Dundee Utd, and in his recent appearances for Finland, is what we have been missing, with regards box to box.
I wish Jack a speedy recovery, but I’m looking forward to seeing Kamara play without Jack beside him.

Just seems to always pick up niggly injuries through a season does Jack, hopefully it's not too serious & it's a couple of weeks at worst.

Depressing, would be surprised if we don’t see a signing in the next few days. There is a reason it’s Jacko and Davis or Kamara....

Thankfully we don’t really need him for a week or two, pray he’s back for the EL play off.

great player.

Agree. Think i'd trust Gerrard's view here.

What it again illustrates what we've been saying about midfield squad depth. We need it, and pretty damn quickly now. It's a big factor behind last season's collapse & it now needs quickly resolved.

I'm not so sure, although we'd certainly be better having the option of playing him.
I think we're too predictable in MF, especially when we play Jack + Kamara. You could see the immediate improvement Saturday when Glen replaced Jack, likewise Alfie on for Barker.
Jack may be needed when we are under pressure, being attacked, but I think we're better with Kamara.
Aribo is a bigger miss. Need him back asap.

Our central midfielders are very different to whatever’s need/utilise.

They offer invaluable cover to Borna and Tav.

I like the idea of one of them breaking lines and adding goals. I also think we should be aware, you are unlikely to get the numbers Borna and Tav produce in assists, from a CM.

If we go all out in there, the licence for the defenders would need to stop.

They are auxiliary defenders, letting Tav and Borna play wide and high.

If we were to have 6 attacking threats, I like it being the 4 forwards, plus the two full backs. It gives us variation, width, pace and guile.

One more would help, occasionally, but it’s working well at present, also.

Does Barjonas come into the squad then to provide cover from the bench with Davis,Kamara and Arfield our options for the 2 in midfield ?

He showed promise in his pre season appearances.

Back