Progres Niederkorn - Willem II - 17:30

Dont want to piss on anyone's parade but all this can we beat Willem II talk os premature. We have a one off game to win tomorrow

We spotted Borna Barisic as a future star on the Osijek - Petrocub thread, while we were still trying to beat Shkupi 2 years ago.

They’re an attacking team with good young players but they are soft touch and inexperienced and we should take care of them.

Willem look decent going forward but Progres are absolutely honking make no mistake about that. Willem were beaten 2 nil at Herenveen in their first league game at the weekend. I think their league form will be a better gauge.

Mearns Unionist mentioned two players (#7 and 21) to look out for before the game and they have been the best players on the park by some distance

Make no mistake we will have our work cut out to get past the Dutch team . I think we may well see an early exit for the first time under Gerrard . Terrible luck of the draw for us .

Then we concentrate on the league
Motherwell and Hibs are bigger games.

We had won that first leg 2-0. Progres also look like they have lost some players.

I’m not saying don’t take Willem lightly - but the over reaction on here is embarrassing.
Im not overreacting at all I’m just saying their striker could cause us some problems.

We've beaten far better than this side. They'll be far more worried about us than us of them.

We'll beat them.

Im not overreacting at all I’m just saying their striker could cause us some problems.

I wasn’t meaning you mate - but people saying we are basically out before a ball is kicked.

We tend to be good away from home - I can’t imagine Willem sitting back. Tough game but we should be ok.

I wasn’t meaning you mate - but people saying we are basically out before a ball is kicked.

We tend to be good away from home - I can’t imagine Willem sitting back. Tough game but we should be ok.
Yeah I’m confident we’ll get past them as well.

Only 4 players from Progres are playing tonight from when we played them last year, so it looks like they're a fair bit weaker.

Not taking anything away from Williem, winning 5-0 after an hour away from home vs anybody is a great result. However at the same time i'm not anymore worried than i was before todays game. Everybody knows the European ties suit our style of play. Its certainly not in any Dutch teams DNA to sit in and try to defend - that only benefits us. Progres could have scored tonight and they've barely been out their half.

Sitting watching it and Progres are absolutely rotten, of course the Dutch will look good against them, the little number 21 is a pretty good player and quite a lot goes through him,but again he's up against players who are rotten, he won't be getting the room he has with our defence.

Their first goal came from a deflection off a Progres player and fell nicely to one of the Dutch players, second goal to me looked miles offside, third goal came from a corner flicked on to an unmarked player. They will be a decent team with some good players, but we're also a good team and have more better players.

Will be a difficult game away from home and it will be how we play on the night which will determine if we go through. People getting their knickers in a twist because they are winning 5-0 and strolling it against a team who look no better than a Scottish championship team.

They are similar to Midtjylland, plenty flair in the team to destroy wee teams but they lack the physicality and experience to beat us.

Willem are a decent outfit and will test our back line. However, we've beaten better and I suspect Progres made them look a wee bit better than they really are tonight - clueless in defence, toothless up front and lacking in fitness.

Willem look decent going forward but Progres are absolutely honking make no mistake about that. Willem were beaten 2 nil at Herenveen in their first league game at the weekend. I think their league form will be a better gauge.

Mearns Unionist mentioned two players (#7 and 21) to look out for before the game and they have been the best players on the park by some distance
It was me mate but yeah point stands. £450k they paid for the 21, who’s a Belgian U21 international.
Nunnely (7) was a free from Ajax youth.
Both will get bigger moves either in January or at the end of the season.

Sitting watching it and Progres are absolutely rotten, of course the Dutch will look good against them, the little number 21 is a pretty good player and quite a lot goes through him,but again he's up against players who are rotten, he won't be getting the room he has with our defence.

Their first goal came from a deflection off a Progres player and fell nicely to one of the Dutch players, second goal to me looked miles offside, third goal came from a corner flicked on to an unmarked player. They will be a decent team with some good players, but we're also a good team and have more better players.

Will be a difficult game away from home and it will be how we play on the night which will determine if we go through. People getting their knickers in a twist because they are winning 5-0 and strolling it against a team who look no better than a Scottish championship team.
I highlighted 21 in December last year after watching him and the 7 pick Ajax apart on the counter and eating them 2-0.
Won’t matter who he’s up against. They beat all the top teams in Holland last year with these two instrumental.
I still think we should have enough, but it won’t be a canter.

Sounds like it is going to be a tricky tie. Let’s hope we play well and get the breaks that will be needed in a difficult away match.

Back