Pathetic Quality From Castore

Can't get my kids new tops but thankfully they have a £180 retro tracksuit which....isnt retro as we've never worn one like it. Phew.

That retro tracksuit on sale today is awful looking. I've liked the tracksuits we have seen the players in and the training gear but no idea what they are thinking with that retro number.

i know there are a large number of supporters who are still having issues, but I wanted to give credit to Castore. I ordered the 3rd kit plus the black and orange Anthem jacket on Sunday night and it arrived in Oshawa, east of Toronto today, which is pretty good for anything coming from the UK. And both items are great. This is the second set of items I have ordered, the first set took a week and again no issues.

I've had the home top since pre ordereding wore it to fives about 10 times and been through the washing machine (at the right temperature 40 degrees :)). No problems with it at all still. Looks brand new quality is great, I obviously never got one out Of the Turkish sweatshop...
Ive washed my pre order Turkish top around 5 times now. No issues, quality seems fine to me.

there ripping the fans off

theres no other way to put it
If people are wanting to pay it what’s the problem we’re getting a cut ?
Every club has the same range.

Btw it’s a honking design wtf are the badges all about down the arm?

After at least getting resolution with my sons hone kit pre-order and getting a refund. I ordered the 3rd top and away shorts for him last week.
This morning I emailed asking the status of the order as I hadn’t had a dispatch confirmation 8 days later. I’ve just had an email saying my order is now cancelled with no context whatsoever.
I’ve been pretty keen to give Castore the benefit of the doubt through this but it’s wearing thin now.

After at least getting resolution with my sons hone kit pre-order and getting a refund. I ordered the 3rd top and away shorts for him last week.
This morning I emailed asking the status of the order as I hadn’t had a dispatch confirmation 8 days later. I’ve just had an email saying my order is now cancelled with no context whatsoever.
I’ve been pretty keen to give Castore the benefit of the doubt through this but it’s wearing thin now.

'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, shame on both of us.'

“We want premium products”
“I thought this mob made premium merch”

Castore release premium product along same lines as their usual gear...

“Too expensive”
“Over priced rubbish”

Guys, you don’t have to buy everything they produce.

It was always going to go this way with Castore.

I still think the lesser of two evils would have been for them to put a Rangers spin on their existing gear and keep their usual levels of quality and pricing.

If it meant low stocks and fans moaning about high prices then too bad.

Replica kits would have been limited stocks also but at least would have been good quality. Likely at a high price though.

Instead they took probably the worst possible course of action.
"We need to get as much as possible out there as quickly as possible and the prices can't be as high as our usual stuff so we need to find new suppliers and it all needs to be done immediately."

So this is what we end up getting.

I was thinking they should have released ONLY the kits with the Castore logo.
Then just sell normal regular gear like tshirts etc with Rangers branding but not the Castore branding in the Rangers shop.

If that means basic printed tshirts and hoodies etc then so be it. Sell them at the same price as you'd see at concerts etc and at least get some money that way.

Get the message out there that it's OK for fans to buy merch finally and explain the 4 ranges on offer.

Regular Rangers branded gear (no Castore brand) like hats, hoodies, tshirts, scarves (could have even worked with The Famous who make excellent scarves).

Castore branded gear with a Rangers twist that is in limited supply and has the same prices as usual Castore gear.

Official training gear. Keep stocks at what they can realistically handle. A decent cheaper option than replica kits etc.

Replica Kits. Again don't skimp on anything and let people moan about supply and price.

The basically made the wrong decisions every step of the way here but the way people are going on about the price of that tracksuit tells you they were going to get a load of criticism either way.

i know there are a large number of supporters who are still having issues, but I wanted to give credit to Castore. I ordered the 3rd kit plus the black and orange Anthem jacket on Sunday night and it arrived in Oshawa, east of Toronto today, which is pretty good for anything coming from the UK. And both items are great. This is the second set of items I have ordered, the first set took a week and again no issues.
Wait till you wash it then give your thoughts, i washed my 3rd strip for the first time today, all the wording pretty much perled straight off in the inside of the neck.. piss poor quality, thankfully i washed it at 30 degrees delicates wash... the printing on the front hasnt came off mainly due to me ironing the shirt inside out at a hot temp when i bought it.
Having said that i feel the castore logo and sponsor look altogether fragile on the front

Are the home shirts restocked in the Rangers store yet?
I was in yesterday for my 1st visit to shop. Had no problem getting the home top in large for myself and picked up the away top for my 9 year old girl. Also lifted the orange match day top which they didn’t have many of left in all sizes and the grey orange training top one aswell for myself.

Wait till you wash it then give your thoughts, i washed my 3rd strip for the first time today, all the wording pretty much perled straight off in the inside of the neck.. piss poor quality, thankfully i washed it at 30 degrees delicates wash... the printing on the front hasnt came off mainly due to me ironing the shirt inside out at a hot temp when i bought it.
Having said that i feel the castore logo and sponsor look altogether fragile on the front

The home top says on the label not to iron the printing.

Did we have this amount of complaints about the quality of the Hummel products? I can only remember Hummel having supply issues but I know my sons top from 2 seasons ago still just fits and it’s still in great condition.

Was in the Castore shop in Liverpool today and picked up a hone kit, kid working in it said they have sold a huge amount since they got them in!
Even on the same rack though a few had a stripe on the neck that wasn’t straight!

One stitched scroll logo either on the back or top of sleeve would've been sufficient imo the white tape effect looks cheap and nasty.
You would ruin Kappa’s whole brand. Don’t like it. Don’t buy it. You know the more people who buy that tracksuit, the more money Rangers get to buy players? Why would you dissuade that? From a picture you don’t know the quality. What is cheap and nasty about it?

Some of the stuff on this thread has nothing to do with issues and is nothing more than a pile on. Stirred up by some posters who never seem to comment on their favourite goals against Celtic.

Have genuine sympathy with all those still waiting for refunds or even any kind of correspondence as Castore don’t seem to have sufficient infrastructure, but we have to move forward with them.

This thread has rightly highlighted supply, quality and communication issues, but every snide remark to me is like a smirking Tim trying to get one up on us.

I got an full refund promptly after CCing the commercial department and James Bisgrove.

I got the impression they had no idea where my Hermes return actually was, but saw my pending PayPal case and shat it.

You would ruin Kappa’s whole brand. Don’t like it. Don’t buy it. You know the more people who buy that tracksuit, the more money Rangers get to buy players? Why would you dissuade that? From a picture you don’t know the quality. What is cheap and nasty about it?

Some of the stuff on this thread has nothing to do with issues and is nothing more than a pile on. Stirred up by some posters who never seem to comment on their favourite goals against Celtic.

Have genuine sympathy with all those still waiting for refunds or even any kind of correspondence as Castore don’t seem to have sufficient infrastructure, but we have to move forward with them.

This thread has rightly highlighted supply, quality and communication issues, but every snide remark to me is like a smirking Tim trying to get one up on us.

Report the posters who you think are tims then. It's a forum for discussion. The idea that someone is damaging the club by criticizing Castore's gear is a laughable attempt at guilting folk whose opinion differs from yours. If they feel strongly about buying it then they'll still do so.

As an aside, the reason why the tracksuit in question is so crap is that it looks like a tacky, poorly executed bump of an old Sergio Tacchini design from years ago. It's objectively horrible in the product shot above.

Last edited:
Its not just the current deal though is it. It's been every retail deal. We're either in court paying damages every other season. Losing the likes of hummel because of the ineptitude of our board and their decisions. Leaving us with this shitshow of a deal thats making us a laughing stock. Yet every year we've been told Ashley is no more since 2017. Well 3 years later and guess what he is still here with exclusivity deals for selling our kit in high street stores. The word exclusivity is key here. That was more lies just a few months ago from castore and our board. You back these liars and try and question my credibility while fellow bears are being took for mugs and getting ripped off by these liars.

There are none so blind....

See if Greave’s Sports are selling the strips, does that mean Sports Direct don’t have exclusivity bud?

Back