Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Allybear’s posts show the stark contrast with how the Penn State / Sandusky issue was handled in USA by the media B69.
Grigo, I don’t know if any other poster have mentioned the Larry Nasser case in American gymnastics but the universersety involved were ordered to pay the victims/ survivors from a sum of five hunded million dollars I’m sure

Grigo, I don’t know if any other poster have mentioned the Larry Nasser case in American gymnastics but the universersety involved were ordered to pay the victims/ survivors from a sum of five hunded million dollars I’m sure

Thanks FB.

We are aware of this case & the Penn State comparisons if not the exact payouts mate.

Spotlight tonight is showing a couple of examples of how USA responds to these things mate.

Disgrace these elected officials are ignoring the pleas of help from a CSA at CBC

The mhedia should be all over this but it shows the level they will go to and just refuse to confront the scandal at CBC and CFC

Marc Horne should be doorstepping everyone of these bastards on the record and ask them why they are ignoring this issue

Last edited:
Disgrace these elected officials are ignoring the pleas of help from a CSA at CBC

The mhedia should be all over this but it shows the level they will go to and just refuse to confront the scandal at CBC and CFC

Marc Horne should be doorstepping everyone of these bastards on re ore and ask them why they are ignoring this issue
It’s all in hand.

I would just like to thank everyone for their kind words and support. The great thing about out club our fans and this site is you're never alone. I'm not going to write another sad thread. I just wanted people to know the damage these monsters cause. I didn't expect the reaction it did but I'm truly overwhelmed by everyone's kind words and offers of help and support

Rest assured they have caused irreperable damage to me they stole my childhood but they won't steal my life.

Unlike separate entity FC we truly are the people. Again this thread proves it.

Keep going after them with all you've got guys and when you're done you will have helped give a voice to the voiceless.

Thanks again guys. You have made me feel I'm not alone

God bless

It certainly is a lie....and Celtic are very culpable.
They have repeatedly covered up sexual abuse of children.

Both Torbett and Cairney were forced to resign and both episodes were covered up with the same "pressure of work" excuse to conceal the real reason they had left....child abuse.
With the board backing the boys club against the "scurrilous" rumours they effectively created a safe haven for abusers.

I would just like to thank everyone for their kind words and support. The great thing about out club our fans and this site is you're never alone. I'm not going to write another sad thread. I just wanted people to know the damage these monsters cause. I didn't expect the reaction it did but I'm truly overwhelmed by everyone's kind words and offers of help and support

Rest assured they have caused irreperable damage to me they stole my childhood but they won't steal my life.

Keep going after them with all you've got guys and when you're done you will have helped give a voice to the voiceless.

God bless
You were never alone mate but just hadn’t found the guys that care, now you have make sure you use each and any one of us to reach your goals in life as you deserve happiness and justice in large quotas

God bless
You’re never alone.

Hopefully. I fear their cabal protects them.
There’s a lot going on behind the scenes that we obviously can’t show at this stage. We’re a lot further forward than what people know.
We can’t be judge and jury, but we will track down perpetrators and enablers like we’ve shown in the past.
You’ll obviously be aware that these things take time. This was a very well organised ring that was operating. It takes time to gather evidence and hand to the appropriate people. We also still believe there are more perpetrators to be found and we’re making good progress.

There’s a lot going on behind the scenes that we obviously can’t show at this stage. We’re a lot further forward than what people know.
We can’t be judge and jury, but we will track down perpetrators and enablers like we’ve shown in the past.
You’ll obviously be aware that these things take time. This was a very well organised ring that was operating. It takes time to gather evidence and hand to the appropriate people. We also still believe there are more perpetrators to be found and we’re making good progress.
Sounds like an excellent effort mate. Are you confident it won’t be swayed by corruption in the legal system, a la the shyte case. Does it not only take Celtc fans to infiltrate a jury?

Sounds like an excellent effort mate. Are you confident it won’t be swayed by corruption in the legal system, a la the shyte case. Does it not only take Celtc fans to infiltrate a jury?
This is one of the main reasons we took it outside Scotland. We’ve witnessed the corruption and also the apologists within the government and certain media outlets.
From the start we knew what we were up against, and yes, the odds were stacked against us but I can assure you we have some very intelligent individuals within Spotlight and we are uncovering things that some thought were hidden forever.

I know this could be cutting it a bit fine BN94 but would it be possible for yourself & the administrators to set up a post that could be slotted into the 30,000 post slot explaining where the team currently are, where they are heading giving links to Spotlight & other social media where they people can additional information.
I am suggesting this as a follower of this amazing thread who sees every now & then posters with negative posts that yourself & the others in the team are having to explain again & again that these things take time.
When these posters come on bemoaning the lack of action it will be easy for the rest of us to point them in the direction of post 30,000
& save you guys repeating yourselves over & over, keep up the great work team.

I know this could be cutting it a bit fine BN94 but would it be possible for yourself & the administrators to set up a post that could be slotted into the 30,000 post slot explaining where the team currently are, where they are heading giving links to Spotlight & other social media where they people can additional information.
I am suggesting this as a follower of this amazing thread who sees every now & then posters with negative posts that yourself & the others in the team are having to explain again & again that these things take time.
When these posters come on bemoaning the lack of action it will be easy for the rest of us to point them in the direction of post 30,000
I suppose we could slot that into any post and refer posters to it. This could be an idea. I think we have to remember that we always get new posters coming into this thread and it’s only fair that we try to answer every question that’s put to us, but it’s something I can discuss with the others and also admin.
We’re also aware that some also don’t have Twitter and that’s why I post everything from Spotlight into this thread.
Very soon we will be launching Spotlight on another major social media platform in the aim of getting it out to a wider audience.
It’s actually a good idea and I’ll definitely speak to the others over the next couple of days.

Im not part of the team but I have followed this sad tale from page one and commented numerous times.

Given the sensitivity of the subject and the fact there are people out there actively trying to derail all the good work the team has done thus far I wouldnt be divulging anything on a public forum.

The time will come when all can be revealed...
I'd imagine through legal ongoing live cases the team would be limited in what they can divulge anyway.

Im not part of the team but I have followed this sad tale from page one and commented numerous times.

Given the sensitivity of the subject and the fact there are people out there actively trying to derail all the good work the team has done thus far I wouldnt be divulging anything on a public forum.

I'd imagine through legal ongoing live cases the team would be limited in what they can divulge anyway.
You’re correct. Nothing will be made public that can’t be. That goes without saying, but maybe some links and facts that would help newcomers.
We will never get tired of informing anyone that wants to know more on the subject, but I do get what @AYEBrox is getting at.

I’ll be honest BB I kinda rushed my way through my comment as I was at work, absolutely no way was I suggesting that any sensitive info was to be given out, to be honest I’m fed up with people who are not keeping up with the thread coming in with negative comments like nothings gonnae happen, I thought they making a documentary, it should be out by now, why’s it taking so long.
You then have BN94, Grigo & many others having to keep repeating the same responses to these posters, the vast majority on here have been in for the long haul & realise it takes time... A lot of time for things to happen I am thinking a combination of the replies they have repeatedly had to post in the past be put under one post only has to brief & we can all point them towards it.
I thought as were are coming up on unbelievable 30,000 posts it may be a way to mark that milestone & at the same time a nice easy post number for the rest of us to remember so we can move them on swiftly leaving the team to concentrate on the fantastic work they are doing no stop behind the scenes.

This bear, along with a few other bears I would suggest don’t do Twitter or Facebook so hopefully all the posters that are involved and who are doing a Sterling job with i, keep adding wee snippets in here as this is the only social media platform for me
I fully understand what your saying and your posts are excellent, but this needs to go to a wider audience. We obviously can’t tell you the people that are getting involved in this but I’ve had survivors contacting us saying this is a great idea and will help survivors come out of the shadows. I think you’ll agree that this can only be a good thing.

I fully understand what your saying and your posts are excellent, but this needs to go to a wider audience. We obviously can’t tell you the people that are getting involved in this but I’ve had survivors contacting us saying this is a great idea and will help survivors come out of the shadows. I think you’ll agree that this can only be a good thing.
I get that that but put a social media platform in my possession along side a bottle of gin and I would end up in jail calling these animals and others no doubt a few names that would see me in the cells as I have been known to be opinionated when ginned up , I suppose I could give up drinking!

This bear, along with a few other bears I would suggest don’t do Twitter or Facebook so hopefully all the posters that are involved and who are doing a Sterling job with i, keep adding wee snippets in here as this is the only social media platform for me
I can assure you that anything that goes on any social media platform will also appear in this thread first.

God bless

You never were alone, and will never be alone mate. Every single person on this thread is behind you, and humbled by the strength you display.

This thread was started to highlight what went on at that club, and now it has evolved into a united push for justice on behalf of the survivors of this tragedy, regardless of what team they played for, or beliefs.

What justice means will be different for all the individuals affected, but one thing that is certain, is that the survivors will tell their story and be silenced no more.

God bless you, and the countless others who have suffered in silence.

You never were alone, and will never be alone mate. Every single person on this thread is behind you, and humbled by the strength you display.

This thread was started to highlight what went on at that club, and now it has evolved into a united push for justice on behalf of the survivors of this tragedy, regardless of what team they played for, or beliefs.

What justice means will be different for all the individuals affected, but one thing that is certain, is that the survivors will tell their story and be silenced no more.

God bless you, and the countless others who have suffered in silence.

Well said SAB. I'm sure every regular on this thread will agree.

Back