Ryan Jack out for a month

Would be shocked if we don't have another CM in the door before the end of next week at the latest.

That is a big loss, but we do have the adequate cover now i think. And with a near to fully fit squad being the beginning of the season, not too worried about this, so far.

Another season, same old story with Jack.

His fitness cannot be relied on. At some point(soon hopefully) we need to make him the back up and not the crucial piece in the midfield jigsaw the manager sees him as.

Another season, same old story with Jack.

His fitness cannot be relied on. At some point(soon hopefully) we need to make him the back up and not the crucial piece in the midfield jigsaw the manager sees him as.

He’s played over 80 games in last 2 seasons, hardly in the category of “cannot he relied on”

He will be a massive loss to us over next few weeks, huge. Manager has been trying to get the board and Ross Wilson to accelerate signings in this area but seems we are not facilitating his wish

He’s played over 80 games in last 2 seasons, hardly in the category of “cannot he relied on”

But we've played over 120 games since Gerrard's arrival. Jack's played 88 of them. Compare it to Goldson and Tav, another two in the manager's core group. He's not in the same ballpark in terms of games played.

That's a huge chunk of games he's missed. You're talking 25% of the fixtures.

But we've played over 120 games since Gerrard's arrival. Jack's played 88 of them. Compare it to Goldson and Tav, another two in the manager's core group. He's not in the same ballpark in terms of games played.

That's a huge chunk of games he's missed. You're talking 25% of the fixtures.

I don't know the answer here.

Apart from Goldson and Tavernier, has any other outfield player played more than 88?

It feels almost unfair to compare anybody to those 2 as their consistent level of fitness and performance is miles different to anyone else, not just in these 2 seasons but in comparison anyone at the club for years.

I don't know the answer here.

Apart from Goldson and Tavernier, has any other outfield player played more than 88?

It feels almost unfair to compare anybody to those 2 as their consistent level of fitness and performance is miles different to anyone else, not just in these 2 seasons but in comparison anyone at the club for years.

Incredibly, even with his numerous suspensions, Alfredo has made 100(!)

He will be a massive loss to us over next few weeks, huge. Manager has been trying to get the board and Ross Wilson to accelerate signings in this area but seems we are not facilitating his wish
He does seem to accumulate little 3 and 4 game bursts of injury. Probably more the timing that hurts. Hopefully we upgrade and add to the midfield in the days ahead. We are another knock or two away from a bad place.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ryan-jack/verletzungen/spieler/60793

Jack’s very important for us, but given the stats posted above I do wonder if he needs managed better.

Hopefully after tonight’s game is out way then we start seeing this midfield situation resolved.

If we win tonight, then our next three away games have the potential to define the season. Hibs and Motherwell away are tricky fixtures most of the time. One slip up and we hand the initiative to that lot.

Sunday is going to be massive, I’d be resting a few tonight with a view to Sunday as the midfield area is on its knees without reinforcements currently.

Back