Morelos

Starts on Sunday assuming Roofe misses out.

I don’t have confidence yet in Itten to come in. I’m sure he will come good long term.

Reject bids unless they match the valuation. If teams dont

When you have the stature of a Gerrard you can take a tough stance with players with "character".

I personally didnt think there was ever a chance he would down tools, he is too competitive and clearly just wants to play.

Yes, he wants a move to a bigger and stronger league, but I dont doubt he knows he needs to earn it and will have had it pointed out "we value you highly, they dont value you enough to pay what we feel is fair - so go out and keep earning it and repay the club who has stood by you, rewarded you and given you that platform".

Hopefully starts at the weekend. Their defence will be bricking it now after thinking he wouldn’t be playing a week or two back. He looks hungry, fit and sharp again. Great to see.

Probably realises huffing and puffing like a spoilt child wont do him any favours. Hope he keeps up the good attitude as that’s the Alfie we all love

I reckon he’s been told he’s good enough to play for a proper big club in one of the top 4 leagues instead of a lesser team like Lille. But he has to perform with us & show he’s good enough.

Wonder what’s caused the apparent U- Turn in his attitude recently?

Regardless, I’m now falling into the Morelos must stay camp, he’s still by far our best striker

On yersel buff keep it up
Young guy, head turned, club would take the money if right - easy to see why. Easy to get carried away. Fort night later and a lot of people in the Morelos thread might want to edit their posts. Looking shit hot the now.

Hes by far our best striker. Yes, there has been flaws and frustrations in his time with us but the good by far outweighs any negativity in my opinion. I genuinely dont understand why any Rangers fan would choose to have him gone rather than staying, focused and scoring goals for us.

I'll be gutted if he leaves. Love him!

He looks to be more comfortable when playing with another Centre Forward or striker now. Instead of playing that lone role.

This is a really good point. He never looked capable of playing upfront with Defoe but if he can click with Itten/Roofeand we can take some of the responsibility off him then we could be in a really good position.

Sublime finish for his second .would love him to stay
Alfie or a decent box to box midfielder , tough choice but if we can afford it he’s the best option we have to get goals

Brilliant to see him looking happy and if he keeps it up, we have an asset.

However...

he has been up and down pretty much the full time he has been at the club, so I will not quite be filling my frilly knickers with quim juice yet.

Morelos upfront with Roofe and Kent behind

Yes please

And i really like Itten even though he hasn't scored yet I think he will be a good player, good control and a bit of skill about him.

I know it’s early days but for me, comparing Itten and Morelos is like apples and oranges. I know Roofe is there aswell, and I think he will be a good player for us, but Alfie offers something unique.

2nd all time European Goalscorer for us .

2 more and I think he breaks the record

Incredible

Hopefully a realisation he isn’t doing himself or his future prospects any good by sitting sulking in the tent.

That was more like it today from him. Motived and fully fit, he remains our biggest goal threat

Needs to start sunday imo. Also his link up play with defoe is great to watch

Hope Gerrard has told him that he does not have to go to the 1st team that comes calling and that better clubs will come in for him if he has a great season with us. Hope he stays

We really are in a no lose situation. Either we keep the best striker in Scotland, who cost us just £1m or we bank £18m and still have three class strikers to call on

Be good if we can get another good season out of him before he moves on. The transfer news seemed to really unsettle him but he seems more like himself just now.

Back