Hibs team selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helander will start. Ditto for Morelos. Roofe will start on the bench. Same formation. Tricky game, so I'd be amazed if SG decided to change the formation.

Hopefully Kamara makes it he was holding his hamstring with about 8 minutes to go hopefully its just cramp but he wasn't moving well at all after it.

Alfie has to come back in and suspect Helander and Davis will as well. Would leave Arfield in as well deserves too after his performance at the weekend.

Assuming all the players are fit who played today

I go with this line up

McLaughlin

tav
Goldson
Balagon
Barasic

davis
Kamara
Arfield

Kent
Morelos
Roofe

thibk the game would pass hagi by big game no passengers no youngsters no projects

get out there and win
Itten / Defoe for Roofe, and we’re ready to go.

I still think he is the better keeper but Happy with either

What kind of message would it send to McLaughlin and McGregor if the keeper who’s just broken a clean sheets record gets dropped?

Hagi as a ‘passenger’, given his assists andall round attacking play, sounds like a wind up as well. Morelos in for Roofe, keep the balance and avoid trying to play everything through him and we’re golden.

Hopefully Kamara makes it he was holding his hamstring with about 8 minutes to go hopefully its just cramp but he wasn't moving well at all after it.

Alfie has to come back in and suspect Helander and Davis will as well. Would leave Arfield in as well deserves too after his performance at the weekend.

If he had any difficulty he would have come off, we would finish with 10 men as we were cruising. He will be fine.

What kind of message would it send to McLaughlin and McGregor if the keeper who’s just broken a clean sheets record gets dropped?

Hagi as a ‘passenger’, given his assists andall round attacking play, sounds like a wind up as well. Morelos in for Roofe, keep the balance and avoid trying to play everything through him and we’re golden.
As I say no problem with either playing but still think AM is the better keeper

Assuming all the players are fit who played today

I go with this line up

McLaughlin

tav
Goldson
Balagon
Barasic

davis
Kamara
Arfield

Kent
Morelos
Roofe

thibk the game would pass hagi by big game no passengers no youngsters no projects

get out there and win

Same team but big Phil to start instead of Balogun.

In what world would Helander drop out for Bolagun?

To be fair, whichever one has played has looked immense this season. I don't think anyone had any doubt Balogun was Beckenbauer's better brother after Pittodrie.

Hibs have got some serious pace up front with Boyle so Balogun might not be a bad shout as a match up.

It might be both if Goldson's head knock turns out to be something.

Kamara had a good game today. Not a glamorous role but he kept us ticking over constantly and was always available to accept a pass.

If he had any difficulty he would have come off, we would finish with 10 men as we were cruising. He will be fine.

Yeah hope it was just cramp but as I say he was holding with a few minutes to go and didn't look comfortable near the end. The fact he didn't come off is leading me to think it was just cramp.

Speaking to a Hibs supporter earlier in the week and they were not impressed with they way they've been playing.

Not sure what they are expecting tbh, they have taken 16 points from 7 matches.

I watched them away to St. Johnstone and they should have been beaten. Didn't look too good that day although still got the win.

Helander will start

Hagi may have to play given our injury issues but I don’t doubt his talent and fighting spirit

Roofe may struggle too or he could aggravate the knock and be out for a few weeks

I’d go for this formation

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic

Kamara Davis

Arfield Hagi Kent

Alfie

Disagree about Hagi, Hibs is a tough game but usually get more space than say Aberdeen, Hearts or cel'ic. So, while it'll be fast paced and rough tackles, I think he'd do well. Might leave us a bit more exposed than Arfield would but can see him exploiting space created.

I'd be happier if Jack were available but Davis/Kamara should be able to control midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back