Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Not only did they work with kids in sport, they both managed charities for vulnerable children as well.

No doubt irked by Wim Jansen's wholesale rejection of Celtic's youth and reserve ranks, Gerry departed in 1998 and signed for Peterborough United alongside his countryman Jimmy Quinn. However, under the tutelage of larger-than-life manager Barry Fry and legendary youth coach Kit Carson, he again struggled to make inroads into the first team after a single League Cup outing in August 1998 vs. Tommy Burns' Reading.

I know this could be cutting it a bit fine BN94 but would it be possible for yourself & the administrators to set up a post that could be slotted into the 30,000 post slot explaining where the team currently are, where they are heading giving links to Spotlight & other social media where they people can additional information.
I am suggesting this as a follower of this amazing thread who sees every now & then posters with negative posts that yourself & the others in the team are having to explain again & again that these things take time.
When these posters come on bemoaning the lack of action it will be easy for the rest of us to point them in the direction of post 30,000
& save you guys repeating yourselves over & over, keep up the great work team.
Good idea AYEBrox .

Makes you very angry listening to what that young victim went through and unable to tell anybody . A World wide roundup of paedophiles is badly needed for the sake of young kids , these perverts need to be exposed and punished . Proper punishment will make it a safer World for young kids and hopefully serve as a warning to future wannabe paedos .

Makes you very angry listening to what that young victim went through and unable to tell anybody . A World wide roundup of paedophiles is badly needed for the sake of young kids , these perverts need to be exposed and punished . Proper punishment will make it a safer World for young kids and hopefully serve as a warning to future wannabe paedos .

Dramatic contrast between USA & this country Alex. They know how to treat paedophiles, and their enablers.

Agreed. Many times these people are the same people who are systematically plundering our natural and human resources for their own profit and are in the highest corridors of power.

Both the Clinton's and Chump have been tied to this behavior as well as Prince Andrew. As this team knows only too well, I'm sure, they are up against some very powerful people!

Dramatic contrast between USA & this country Alex. They know how to treat paedophiles, and their enablers.
Well, the low level ones maybe. They elected one to their highest office!

They are very adept at making examples of you if you don't have the funds and connections to wriggle free. If you do then you're either let off scot free or murdered while waiting for trial so the rest don't get implicated.

This bear, along with a few other bears I would suggest don’t do Twitter or Facebook so hopefully all the posters that are involved and who are doing a Sterling job with i, keep adding wee snippets in here as this is the only social media platform for me
Tend to agree with you there TW I know there are lurkers on this forum FB and Twitter would be full of them maybe giving them ammo hope I’m wrong .

There's one thing which is really a burning issue and that's the fact that they will not challenge certain very public allegations, even going to the effort to not air BBC interviews with the person making them. Well done Gordon, I hope you continue backing them so far into the corner that they are left with no alternative. It's going to be dynamite when the victims press charges and the law has no option but to take it to court.

He's trying to say that Scottish politicians aren't entertaining Gordon Woods because he is making it all up and is doing it for bigoted reasons.

We think evidence will show to the contrary.

So what’s their excuse on all of the other abused and their families Alex ?

They were all making it up, despite 6 different perverts being convicted ‘beyond reasonable doubt’ ?

Ain't posted here for a while but keep looking in.
Lots of encouraging posts.
More positivity.
Regarding the cross border thing.
Been posted before. I know I uploaded a Celtic snippet regards them playing CBC.
Father Michael Spencer. Preston.
Fr Michael. Convicted. Paedo.
Keep up the truly outstanding work guys n gals.
One day soon it will pay off.

He's trying to say that Scottish politicians aren't entertaining Gordon Woods because he is making it all up and is doing it for bigoted reasons.
The warped mentality of a cult, this firmly rests with Celtic FC and the lengths it will go to protect themselves against adverse consequences. Not a solitary case but decades of abuse carried out by sick deviants associated with this organisation. The labrinth of paedophiles and their protectors, actively operating without challenge. A club like no other indeed.

More positivity.
Been posted before. I know I uploaded a Celtic snippet regards them playing CBC.

Father Michael, a Celtic fan & regularly up in their main stand for games J ;)

Ammo for what? They will do anything to protect the name of their institution. They can come at us from any angle that they like. We’ll be ready.
Think he probably means ammo in the sense that as I said earlier someone like me who given a gin or five would tend to get myself locked up through social media, well that’s my take on it as he was responding to me BN94, keep the fight going

Perhaps tommy burns at the time was employed by celic fc (sepetate entity 1) AND celtic boys club (seperate entity 2) and when he was saying 'we' he was speaking about it in the capacity of his employment with Celtic boys club (sepetare entity 2) through the official newspaper of Celtic fc (seperate entity 1).

Last edited:
Good idea AYEBrox .
So he is more or less saying Gordon is a liar and making up stories about an innocent football club where there was no connections to a paedophile ring , meaning innocent people are serving jail sentences after being found guilty of child abuse , and that must mean other victims have been lying too and CFC are in fact innocent ? there never was child sex abuse happening at the club after all ? Big Jock knew nothing ? All alleged victims must be liars too then and making it all up ? I think all those so called liars and " Bigots " should be taken to court now then and made to answer for all the nasty things they have been saying about this innocent club , in fact i would bet my life savings they would jump at the chance to defend themselves in the name of " sporting integrity " of course :)) .

More positivity.
Did Father Spencer not run a youth football team in Preston that played against Crewe youth team run by the convicted coach .Who also played CBC .

Back