Palaces record away to the “big” teams

WinkieWATP

Apparently only City have won more points away to the big 6 than Palace in the last five seasons. This is according to my mate who bet Palace after hearing this on Talksport on Hawskby and Jacobs on Friday

Really surprised at that.

They have great ability on the break and will be a threat to any team that holds a high line and leaves space to run into.

Zaha excels in that role, it suits him to a tee.

Reactions: TQ3
Just watching just now, and the striking thing is the retake of the penalty. Cast your mind back to the LCF and corrupt Officials that couldn’t see their Scum Goalie shaking hands with Alfie who was so off his line. There again I suppose we’ve got to accept it.

Palace used to be good for a result at Man City away. Think they were the last team to beat Liverpool at Anfield too.
They were indeed, in April 2018? Have they not won at least a couple of times at city in the last few years?

Palace used to be good for a result at Man City away. Think they were the last team to beat Liverpool at Anfield too.
They were indeed, in April 2018? Have they not won at least a couple of times at city in the last few years?

Sounds as if it’s true then. Shocked at that tbh.

Just watching just now, and the striking thing is the retake of the penalty. Cast your mind back to the LCF and corrupt Officials that couldn’t see their Scum Goalie shaking hands with Alfie who was so off his line. There again I suppose we’ve got to accept it.
What I don’t get about the penalty retake for Palace is why a different player can take the penalty surely you recreate the same conditions?

They've been good v the top teams for several years now.

Counter attacking football suits their team.
Thats why the young German boy struggled there. Is it Meyer? Fwiw he would look be an absolute perfect fit in our midfield. Palace wrong club for him.

Most managers will have one or two I suppose. But yeah they weren’t exactly managerial spells to look back on fondly.

Did get Fulham to a UEFA cup final though.
True, ups and downs.

The Fulham run was decent and at a time English sides often overlooked the competition. They beat Juventus in the semi final, albeit a Juventus still recovering from demotion.

The Liverpool and England spells really didn’t do his profile well, both being so high profile.

The penalty was never a penalty. And then the refs let them take it twice. Farcical refereeing.

True, ups and downs.

The Fulham run was decent and at a time English sides often overlooked the competition. They beat Juventus in the semi final, albeit a Juventus still recovering from demotion.

The Liverpool and England spells really didn’t do his profile well, both being so high profile.

To be fair there really aren’t many managers who leave the England job with their stock higher than when they went in.

Reactions: TQ3
To be fair there really aren’t many managers who leave the England job with their stock higher than when they went in.
None since Robson, although Southgate will presumably buck the trend (assuming there is no WC exit to Panama lying in wait).

None since Robson, although Southgate will presumably buck the trend (assuming there is no WC exit to Panama lying in wait).

Think Robson is the only one in my lifetime. Southgate stands a very good chance of doing it, which is pretty funny considering he’s probably been the least fancied of the lot.

Pumped my coupon. Funnily enough just before it started i had a feeling they would but after going down 7 minutes in didnt get a chance to cash out as the dortmund game was simultaneous

I don't follow any EPL team, but have to admit I do like Palace. A lot of their fans like us too so developing soft spot for them

I live in Croydon, so they are my local team. I know a few fans. They always seem to be a side that grinds it out. I don’t like them but their tactics at the big sides seem to work.
I lived on Derby rd in Croydon when Palace had Wright and Bright scoring for fun. They made it to the FA cup final, and Croydon was a wash with Red and Blue. Every pub or party played “glad all over” by the Dave Clark 5, and the place would go mental.
At one point I had a mate who worked the turnstiles at Selhurst, and we would get a double dunt. A decent club, with a very good fan base.

The penalty was never a penalty. And then the refs let them take it twice. Farcical refereeing.
I agree, it wasn't a penalty and the decision to make it be retaken was bonkers. What I don't get is why they were allowed to change players though - surely if Ayew took the penalty and missed it should have been him retaking it. Although, granted it's not a rule I am really up to speed on. Just seems a little unfair after making the penalty be retaken after missing you get to pick a new player to take it.

Woys a master of it with the lower down clubs, defend well and counter expertly. They should have won by more last night if Ayew wasn’t so poor.

It’s the step up and the increase of expectation that Woy struggles with, that’s how you end up with Paul Konchesky at Liverpool, or bottom of a World Cup group with Costa Rica, players like Rickie Lambert getting call ups or going out to Iceland at the Euros and having the resignation pre-prepared. He was also the manager that put Harry Kane as the corner taker.

The perennial under dog.

And the mile offside goal.....

Think Robson is the only one in my lifetime. Southgate stands a very good chance of doing it, which is pretty funny considering he’s probably been the least fancied of the lot.

Venables as well in 1996 I would argue. Hoddles probably would've if, you know, he wasn't a mental case who spouted shit theories in newspapers.

From the bits of the game I saw , their front three were brilliant last night.

If I was picking an English league team , minus the top 6 , it’d be those three upfront , only Everton’s richarlison that I can think of to break in ?

Selhurst Park is a shitehole. You can’t see half the pitch from the away end.

Roy Hodgson would make Mourinho look like he plays Gung-ho football.

Back