Anyone going to Holland ?

People flying to Germany just so they can find a loophole so they don't have to quarantine when they return to the UK in the middle of a pandemic. It's mental.

Your tarring all with the same brush, some are tea total, one I know bought a ST for Dumbarton so he watch Rangers and Rangers Under 20’s. He’s been at an under 20’s in England in the morning and back at Ibrox for 3pm kick off.
He‘s been all over the world with Rangers it’s his life and he’s retired.

I get what you're saying but c'mon to fck. There's a HUGE difference between loving Rangers and being totally ignorant of what's going on worldwide when he wont even get to the game. Its insanity.

And I've been there where I'd never of missed a game at home or abroad in over 15 years plus. But this is just ludicrous.

People flying to Germany just so they can find a loophole so they don't have to quarantine when they return to the UK in the middle of a pandemic. It's mental.
Its not even a loophole. They still need to quarantine if they have been in Holland.

They would be as well just flying to Germany and watching it in a pub there. It's not any different to watching it in a pub in Tilberg or Amsterdam.

Your tarring all with the same brush, some are tea total, one I know bought a ST for Dumbarton so he watch Rangers and Rangers Under 20’s. He’s been at an under 20’s in England in the morning and back at Ibrox for 3pm kick off.
And did he see the game in Gibraltar?

Things have changed, and people need to realise that.

The guy obviously doesn’t realise he’s part of the problem that will keep us locked out of Ibrox for longer than necessary.

No border controls between Holland and Germany so nobody to controlwhere you have been.

You’ve misunderstood. Your documentation (Passenger Locator Form to be completed in the 48 hours before you return) for coming back into the UK requires you to declare where you’ve been in the preceding 14 days. It is illegal to fail to complete the form.

And did he see the game in Gibraltar?

Things have changed, and people need to realise that.

The guy obviously doesn’t realise he’s part of the problem that will keep us locked out of Ibrox for longer than necessary.

Are you saying everybody who flies in and out of Gibraltar has now got the virus.

To the ones employed. Try explaining that to your employer that you travelled to a country on the banned list to watch a game in a Dutch Bar on tv and that you have to Quarantine for 10 days when home.

Like to see you having a job after that. If the company is worth any salt anyway.

Does your work dictate what you do with your time off?

If you had holidays in and aren’t doing anything illegal how could they sack you?

Does your work dictate what you do with your time off?

If you had holidays in and aren’t doing anything illegal how could they sack you?

If their work was doing their job correctly during this yes they ask if you're travelling abroad anywhere and to which country.

Any company worth its salt as of now will be doing that to protect its business and staff.

Are you saying everybody who flies in and out of Gibraltar has now got the virus.
Did I say that? I’m saying folk who are travelling around Europe, not intending to respect self isolation, are part of the problem. It’s the few that ruin it for the many.

You’ve misunderstood. Your documentation (Passenger Locator Form to be completed in the 48 hours before you return) for coming back into the UK requires you to declare where you’ve been in the preceding 14 days. It is illegal to fail to complete the form.
I did understand. You will have to forget to fill in you were in Holland. As I said there is no control on the borders so who would know. Flight to Dusseldorf and train to tilburg. I travel nearly every day over the border and I have never been stopped. I will say in the beginning the Brabandt area was one of the biggest hot spots so there is a risk.

I did understand. You will have to forget to fill in you were in Holland. As I said there is no control on the borders so who would know. Flight to Dusseldorf and train to tilburg. I travel nearly every day over the border and I have never been stopped. I will say in the beginning the Brabandt area was one of the biggest hot spots so there is a risk.
Lying about it doesnt make it right though. The outbreak in Wishaw Tesco was supposedly a worker returning from abroad who never let on he was away and never isolated.

I have absolutely no issue with anyone going abroad for whatever reason, as long as they isolate properly when they come back. I highly doubt these guys will though. And that is part of the problem. We are headed for another lockdown and people being selfish is contributing to it.

I’m talking about coming back into the UK - whether it be from The Netherlands or Germany. You are required - by law - to complete the Passenger Locator Form before entering the UK, listing where you’ve been in the previous 14 days. What you are suggesting is that people break the law by ‘forgetting’ or lying to be more blunt.

See section headed ‘When You Return’:

I’m talking about coming back into the UK - whether it be from The Netherlands or Germany. You are required - by law - to complete the Passenger Locator Form before entering the UK, listing where you’ve been in the previous 14 days. What you are suggesting is that people break the law by ‘forgetting’ or lying to be more blunt.

See section headed ‘When You Return’:

Yes I am suggesting breaking the law but whether you go into a pub in Dusseldorf or an hour down the road in Tilburg brings the same risks so that is a stupid law. People are crossing the border every day so really no difference between Holland and Germany. I hate to admit I drove 120 when I should have been driving 100 today.

Yes I am suggesting breaking the law but whether you go into a pub in Dusseldorf or an hour down the road in Tilburg brings the same risks so that is a stupid law. People are crossing the border every day so really no difference between Holland and Germany. I hate to admit I drove 120 when I should have been driving 100 today.

Arrogance is astounding. Not just from you.

Fairly simple equation though where no one is going to change the other sides view on whether fans should be going or not.

Arrogance is astounding. Not just from you.

Fairly simple equation though where no one is going to change the other sides view on whether fans should be going or not.
I live in Germany in an area where there has been little Corona from the very beginning. Do you really believe if I want to go home to see my family I will be admitting to having been in Holland and put myself in Quarentine for two weeks. No chance! I cross the border virtually every day and have stayed clear of Corona because I stay away from people. A country doesn't give you Corona. People do. Stay at a safe distance and wash your hands regularly and follow rules that matter not stupid rules that do nothing but cloud things over. There are streets in Holland\ Germany where the border is in the middle of a village. So a Dutch person has to go into Quarentine while his German next door neighbour doesn't. Crazy.

Last edited:
On saying that I am unaware if he’s going, but I would not be surprise.
Sounds like a guy I know, sure there was a team in lower leagues he bought an st for like the story you’ve said to make sure he didn’t miss out haha! Mental but I take my hat off to him

Its not even a loophole. They still need to quarantine if they have been in Holland.

They would be as well just flying to Germany and watching it in a pub there. It's not any different to watching it in a pub in Tilberg or Amsterdam.
That doesn’t get you the same staunch points to tell people you went to Holland for the game though.

I live in Germany in an area where there has been little Corona from the very beginning. Do you really believe if I want to go home to see my family I will be admitting to having been in Holland and put myself in Quarentine for two weeks. No chance! I cross the border virtually every day and have stayed clear of Corona because I stay away from people. A country doesn't give you Corona. People do. Stay at a safe distance and wash your hands regularly and follow rules that matter not stupid rules that do nothing but cloud things over. There are streets in Holland\ Germany where the border is in the middle of a village. So a Dutch person has to go into Quarentine while his German next door neighbour doesn't. Crazy.
So it's no longer a case for "as long as they abide by the rules, what's the problem?"

The argument has morphed into "its a stupid rule and its fine to ignore it".

Thankfully the majority of the population don't live with this approach.

How good are the team we're playing compared to, say, Feynoord?

Feyernoord beat them 1 of 2 games they lost at home last season. They drew with Alkmaar at home and beat PSV. Beat Ajax and Alkmaar away from home so it is a potential banana skin for us.

As for travelling to the game personally I don't see the point of it given you can't get in the ground. Personal choice at the end of the day if you can afford it and are able to do the isolation period etc.

I would be sorely tempted to go to Split if the games worked out that way next week. But then again I have to go back to Croatia at some stage to sort out a few things. And yes, I would have to quarantine coming back (am currently in quarantine as arrived from Croatia last weekend). For folk saying there is no border checks, I was pulled over by Austrian military police on the Slo/Aus border (Schengen area) last Friday and they took my details, car reg, scanned passports, and made me sign a declaration that I wasnt hanging out in Austria.

What are the benefits of goin over in this current climate.?
Enjoy a few beers with fellow bears.

Holland is safer than Glasgow FFS. The isolation thing is a political tool to increase staycation tourism and even then they are now going to stop it because they have now realised that it is FAR more dangerous to going abroad (obv not all destinations).

So long as anyone who travels abides by the rules and quarantines on their return to the UK if that’s where they live.

Seems a high price to pay for a night out in a foreign city to watch a game on TV which could comfortably be done at home without the need to lock yourself away for a fortnight.

You never been to a game without a ticket? I tried to get in.
Yes, I have. But not during a global pandemic where the games are being played behind closed doors. You weren’t looking for a spare ticket FFS.

Are you through at Easter Road today “to support the team” or do you not get the same loyalty plaudits for a trip across the M8?

So it's no longer a case for "as long as they abide by the rules, what's the problem?"

The argument has morphed into "its a stupid rule and its fine to ignore it".

Thankfully the majority of the population don't live with this approach.
What is the difference if I social distance here or in Partick. If it is really so bad then they should close the borders and stop all flights to Holland. The most people are infected in pubs. Why are they open? There is very few who social distance better than me as i am a high risk. I do find some of the rules just ridiculous though and have totally no effect.

What is the difference if I social distance here or in Partick. If it is really so bad then they should close the borders and stop all flights to Holland. The most people are infected in pubs. Why are they open? There is very few who social distance better than me as i am a high risk. I do find some of the rules just ridiculous though and have totally no effect.
Your argument is more appropriate in the Covid lounge thread.

The rules are the rules and folk shouldn’t be breaking them, especially for the sole purpose of standing outside a football stadium.

Will never, ever criticise guys and girls for following the team abroad knowing they will not even see the game but it does strike me as a questionable thing to be doing in the current climate.
Even I agree with this.
I went to Milan for the behind closed doors game and have done other questionable trips including Young boys with Rangers not taking tickets.
But this just seems a bit much given the circumstances.
But each to their own. As you say, not going to criticise bears who go. Just wouldn't be me.

Your argument is more appropriate in the Covid lounge thread.

The rules are the rules and folk shouldn’t be breaking them, especially for the sole purpose of standing outside a football stadium.
Which rules are they breaking if they quarantine upon return?

Going on Holiday?? Dont be ridiculous.

Flying in the height of a worldwide Pandemic where they need to Quarantine for a fortnight when home? Now that's ridiculous behaviour.

Best laugh is they wont get to a game any quicker than all of us back here.

Clearly we have families and responsibilities to care about.

Irresponsible behaviour.
Away and have a lie down, you got the same opinion as people going on holiday at the moment?

Back