Match Thread Hibernian v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

If we can win this game today it could be a massive psychological boost to our team.
Celtc* went top yesterday (albeit on goal difference ), and if we can go back top again today it sends out the message that this team has learned from last season and isn't prepared to lie down.

Great time for a goal. Shouldn’t change the team talk. We need more from Davis, Kamara, Kent and Hagi here. Borna is marked out of getting down the left and leaving Kent with no support down that side. Hagi been wasteful. The minute Kent goes on right and has Tav to link up with we get a goal!

Big HT for Gerrard! C’mon the Glasgow Rangers. Let’s get at them second half.

The away league games are so tense these days. So edgy.

Honestly, see Willem II & Galatasaray. They can GTF. Who cares this season.

We needed that, we really fcking needed that, but it doesn't change how poor we were for the entire half. We still need the rocket up the arse, because if we go into the second half playing in the same way this won't end well.

Hagi in these sorts of away games frustrates me beyond belief. So pedestrian in everything he does.

Played pretty badly there & couldn’t have timed that goal better. They’ll be gutted with that.

Need to see more intensity 2nd half. Kent again proving his worth.

Great strikers goal.
Should have been 2 up before conceding then went into our shells for 10-15 mins
Hopefully get a lift from that and kick on in 2nd half.

Ref letting them away with murder as usual.
Stamp on Kent, blatant pulls and should have been a red for the smash on Hagi.

We need much better from Kent and Kamara, those two look like the pound shop version of themselves we started seeing in the second half of last season.

It’s frustrating as hell because they’d both crucial so we can’t have both having subpar performances.

Our first league goal conceded and Hibs first in open play?

All down to who wants it more in 2nd half.

Had to concede at some point. That doesn't bother me in the slightest.

It's the over all performance and a lack of ruthlessness (again) that put us under pressure.

Got to up the tempo, move the ball quicker and cut out the stray passes.

I don't know were the optimisim stems from. This is our normal over the last few seasons.

It could be said today is our first real test of steel/bottle and much like last season we seem to be a bit Powerpuff .

We don't seem to be able to get stuck in back I don't care what people say it's a lack of something some say bottle some say experience I say we are not as good as most posters want us to be .

Sad to say it this is an a typical Gerrard/Rangers performance in the spl when there is a bit of pressure.

Our end product is terrible in games like this it's to me lack of a winners in the team guys who want to take the responsibility .

I hate pointing this out but that's the sad truth in front of us this could be almost any pressure game in spl last year .

We have not improved based on today the type of situation we need the improvement in is not evident

We are in for a very torrid second half I have not seen any real evidence. We can score 2 goals

Who has time to post such negative pish in the middle of the game?

You, of course.

Great time to get the equaliser though - fully expect us to perform better in the 2nd half and get another couple of goals

Hagi did well there getting in the box and occupying the two Hivs defenders. Alfie back post unmarked. Lovely move Rangers

We made a good start to the game but as usual trying to walk the ball into the net instead of taking a chance at a pop from outside the box. Their goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of us that equaliser should help us to kick on in the second half

Fantastic Alfredo, that's how to react to the hatchet men and the haters. Expect better second half from the team now.

Great finish. Knew this would be tough as above....tav been best man for me so far. Bet his man pushing up everytime especially early doors. We need to run at them now and try beating a man. I'd be happy to scrape a win and hope none of theirs dont get sent off as I think these could do the poets next week.

Brilliant time to score. Confident we’ll do the business in the second half.

Biggest disappointment in the first half is how quickly this thread became a total aids fest again.

I stay away for my own sanity. One mistake and someone's automatically shite/not interested/overweight/not good enough

Its honestly brutal. People have preselected patsy to blame, and use any example to justify their prejudice against said players

Gerrard needs to realise that these referees could cost him his job. Hibs should have had one red card (Hanson) and another yellow (the guy that stood on Kent). If that had happened, the game is completely different.

Gerrard must start publicly challenging these decisions. Lennon has done it for years and it’s the reason Celtic are refereed to different standards.

Cool as it comes with that Alfie - well done that man
Like Coisty says - Alfie took the touch & chose his spot - instead of snatching at it first time
Makes up for the poor header early on

Let's get on and finish this now Rangers

Thank Fück for the wee mans goal on HT.

That midfield 3 doesn’t work and Hagi is far too inconsistent.

Helander has been superb

We have been pretty poor but still dominated the ball.

Every single player needs to up their game in the second half and I think they will.

Hibs not having had any players sent off is predictably unsurprising.

It is the old adage, that if Alfie carried out any of those elbows he would have been straight off and there would be a weeks worth of media coverage calling him all sorts.

I still hope Gerrard puts a rocket up their arses in that dressing room, our intensity levels for much of that 1st half was well below par and that's how these pissy little teams capitalise on us.

I want to see us go for the jugular straight from the kick off, right in their f*cking faces, don't give them a second on the ball, make their lives miserable. The Hibs players aren't good enough to deal with that level of pressure.

We need to up our intensity 10x and we'll win this.

We were definitely not at our best in that first half, but I don't think we were anywhere near as bad as some on this thread are making out. More urgency and more accuracy in the passing required. We need to come flying out of the traps in the second half .

Including the goal, we should have had another two, IF we took our chances. The tempo does need up’t a notch though. Seem to trying for the perfect pass around the box when there have been a couple of times to get shots fired off. They are not ending this game with 11 men if they keep this up.
What a goal from Alfredo, well done wee man.

Back