Match Thread Hibernian v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Piss poor. Having a fluid formation is nice until no-one actually sticks to a shape and gets pulled all over the shop.

Very disappointing. Missed chances cost us.
No need to panic though,it's still September. There's no way that other mob won't drop points this season with their dodgy defence, and I also fancy our chances against them.
There's no doubt that we do need to improve in areas, midfield being one. Transfer window is still open, so that might be the kick up the arse we need to strengthen where needed.

Disappointed but Hibs are clearly miles ahead of the rest of the other clubs in the league. If they play like that next week against the unwashed then they'll pick up points.

Their keeper kept them in with 2 fantastic saves from Arfield.
If any celtic player is in arfield’s position I can guarantee their keeper won’t make two wonder saves. Almost every game we see opposition keepers have the game of their lives it seems.

Missing too many clear cut chances (Morelos, Kent and Arfield), trying to walk the ball in by overplaying and shaky defending all day.

Probably to be expected considering it’s the same team other than McLaughlin.

Two midfielders and a wide right player for the front three if Morelos stays, and that plus a striker to replace him if he goes are the only way we can push on and win this for me.

This is the norm under Gerrard. We drop points every 3 or 4 games. We arent getting any better.

Weve spent games missing chances knowing it would cost us soon and it hasnt improved and its now cost us 2 points.

So from a 2 point headstart were now 1 ahead, they have a game in hand and were away to Motherwell and Celtc 2 of the next 3 games. Then at Kilmarnock, another bogey team, a couple of weeks after Celtc.

We could be out of this by Halloween.
That's a huge 'could be'; what if we're top of the league, would you rule that out?

The problem we have is we lack a bad loser. A moaning bastard that fires into to his inept team mates to give them a kick up their arses. What i would give to have a B. Ferguson just now. Until we get one of those obnoxious b******d's we ain't winning anything when the pressure is on.

Yep, get the feeling that we have a squad full of nice lads.

Missing too many clear cut chances (Morelos, Kent and Arfield), trying to walk the ball in by overplaying and shaky defending all day.

Probably to be expected considering it’s the same team other than McLaughlin.

Two midfielders and a wide right player for the front three if Morelos stays, and that plus a striker to replace him if he goes are the only way we can push on and win this for me.
Arfield obviously should have buried the rebound

Very disappointing. Missed chances cost us.
No need to panic though,it's still September. There's no way that other mob won't drop points this season with their dodgy defence, and I also fancy our chances against them.
There's no doubt that we do need to improve in areas, midfield being one. Transfer window is still open, so that might be the kick up the arse we need to strengthen where needed.
This is the same attitude I had last September/October when we dropped points.

I hope it's right this time.

So disappointed we didn't win there. We shouldn't need to score 3 away from home to pick up the 3 points. Scum will be over the moon as well with the way the fixtures land before we travel to the Piggery.

Taking Hagi off was dreadful and i dont understand what the idea was, He was the best player on the park and Defoe doesnt really offer anything in the game where we are chasing a goal

For the first goal 2nd was clearly offside ffs the linesman had a perfect view ,2 stamps in the first half let go also. That game should have ended 2-1,they won’t be aloud the same leeway next week against the scum.

The offside was close and I've long since lost any expectation of getting a favourable decision in such cases. But there was time to recover right up to Helander getting bullied in the aerial challenge at the death.

Frustrating, really frustrating. This was always going to be a tricky game, given that we'd played midweek. Hibs don't fall into the 'p1ss poor' category for me. This game was a proper test for us. We can all moan about the officials but we had the game in our hands at 2-1 and we failed to take control of it. That's the bottom line.
no the bottom line is we are miles short of stopping that lot winning the league squad is lacking in quality team today was last season line up so same team same performance

I know we missed chances
I know we had a 7 game clean sheet run
I know hiv's scored a couple of well taken goals

But I honestly don't know where we're at defensively?
I still say we're not where we should be

If the defence had done their job today - we'd have all 3 points

I don't think we played too badly. However it's winning games like that, that win you titles & again we have been found lacking.

Morelos was awful today which didn't help. We also lose a lot of attacking threat with Kamara. Numerous times he got the ball at the edge of the box & someone with more attacking intent would have taken advantage or created. He also wasn't very good defensively either as we looked pretty open in the middle.

On the bright side, I thought Hagi had a decent game.

Unlucky to go off & the sub tactic of throw on as many strikers as possible is once again shown to be wanting

Why on earth are our attacking players pissing about, tippy tappy stuff around the box. Same old tactics now every game.
We have so many chances during a game to have a shot on goal, but no, another pass. It's frustrating to see this game after game.

We need a midfielder able to shoot from 20-25 yards. Even if defence packed the second ball will create more chances than the extra 30 passes we do at that distance. Can only think of Hagi having shot from outside area and it caused panic in their box.

I do fear that there is just something in the mentality of this group that isn't comfortable being out in front. All the times we've been performing the best, it's been when we're chasing that lot. As soon as we get chances to move in front, we have terrible performances and results.
We've been in front all season so your theory is pish...imho

A terrible two points to drop. That Hibs team was there for the absolute taking. For me, that all comes down to attitude and effort. We upped the tempo for 15 minutes at the start of the second half and looked really good. Then just let it drop, for no good reason. Very much like the Livingston game - by far the better team just dropped two needless points. If you come up against a team that has a right go at you and you drop points, fair enough. But that was all our doing and had very little to do with Hibs.

I hate to say it, but league title winning teams win those games.

Very disappointed in the Davis / Kamara central midfield. Just not enough tempo, drive and conviction from them.

Two stinking goals to lose defensively. Poor from Barisic at the first (and throughout the game). Not sure what Goldson was thinking for the second, nor did Tav, Helander or McLaughlin exactly cover themselves in glory.

Macaroni part 2
The team were mince , Kent very poor done nothing a 7 million Zloty player today.
Arfield sitters not one but twice hit it straight goalkeeper. Defence very naïve, Jon wee run in goals well thinks its Alan jersey now. It smells like Pittrodrie all over blowing a lead when well in command.
They had every incentive to go out and blow them away even at 2-1 but no Gerrie's boys lay down again.
The referee was shocking but we shouldn't need him to assist.
Poor

Honestly, what the %^*& is it with this team and absolutely bottling any and every chance when under the slightest amount of pressure?

You can also take "The crowd was jittery" excuse out of the rotation now, because they've shown they'll %^*& up the basics even without a crowd.

And round and round we go. The same arguments every 5-6 games. We are, and have been for years, mentally and physically soft.

Tav and goldson have had a good season but they will also cost us goals through nonsense defending/passing. It was Goldson turn today, I'm sure Tavs will come soon. We have next to no bite in midfield, so we sell Ross McCrorie and people are surprised when we get bullied.

The corrupt officials are going to make sure the mentally challengeds win this league and just wait and see the manager and the club will take it as usual.

I think subbing Hagi was a mistake
He was actually starting to cause them real problems with simple passes and making them tire & commit fouls
Ref had massive impact on game AGAIN

Can’t win every game.

We’re top of the league. Easter Rd is probably the hardest place to go this season. We’re unbeaten and still have the best defensive record.

Yes it could have been better but all things considered a decent result. On to the next one.
You can't be saying optimistic things like this on here mate, where have you been?

Did more than enough to win that game, yes their goal was offside but absolutely criminal the chances we don't put away to bury teams.

That other mob conceded yesterday and had two goals in reply within ten mins. We've not got any ruthless killers in our team. How many games is that now where we've had a lead and chucked it?

Hibs should have finished the game with 10. Second goal offside. Ref books Alfie. Good day for our corrupt officials. A few of our players need to have a look at themselves for todays performance.

Back