Yellow card for Morelos

Ok - thanks for explaining the dissent point.

Can anyone (genuinely) explain to me how "standing your ground" and blocking an attacking player when he is trying to make his way past you entitles you to a foul ?

Firstly, no fucking wonder Morelos wants to leave Scotland at times. He was fouled TWICE in that attack which the referee nonchalantly waved away, and then booked Morelos for dissent? I don’t fucking believe it. The ball is up the other end of the pitch and probably both fouls are a HIV’s free-kick all day long. It’s because it’s Rangers and it’s because it’s Morelos! The officiating in Scotland is nothing short of a pathetic farce!

However, that feels like a defeat today after we’d turned it around. We also had a chance to bury the game at 1-2 and we lacked penetration once again when Kamara should have had a pop outside the box in the perfect position to at least hit the target! That costs us, and once again we’ve handed the initiative to the Tims! BUT, a massive but, Hibs were offside on the run up to their equaliser. ONCE AGAIN not picked up by Scottish officials. I am utterly fucking sick to death of Scotland. Being a part of Scottish football is like doing a life sentence in prison for a crime you didn’t commit!

And whilst there weren’t really any penalty appeals, that’s yet another 90 minutes passed without a penalty awarded to Rangers. No coincidence that we are the team in the Scottish premier league that has gone the most amount of minutes without a penalty award! %^*& my life!

He gave one against Goldson a few minutes earlier on the touchline where the boy was never goinh to get to the ball, then Alfie is completely shoulder blocked and waves play on. No wonder he went mental at the ref.

Hes the only player who gets booked every time he moans. Players moan and shout and swear at refs all game, evert game.

I get that and agree but even more reason.

Refs are cheating bastards and we get refereed to a different standard, they’ll book him all day long for it

Reactions: TNT
He’s refereed to a different standard.

It was a clear block, Porteous backs into Morelos to make sure there’s contact.

According to McCoist the Cuck Porteous just stood his ground though. Par for the course from him on commentary.

Can anyone (genuinely) explain to me how "standing your ground" and blocking an attacking player when he is trying to make his way past you entitles you to a foul ?
You can’t it’s as simple as this it’s a foul for any other team but us and especially not when the player is already on a yellow and it would mean Hibs down to ten men in case we get the goal that wins us the match

Not looking for the obvious "referees are against us" response. Just genuinely wondering the basis on which the referee can deem Porteous blatantly blocking Morelos to be a foul against Alfie and a yellow card ?

To me it's one of the most inexplicable decisions I've ever seen. Can someone please explain to me ?
His reaction was the reason.

Wait did they get a free kick for that? I must have missed that in my going nuts at he TV. Utterly disgraceful if so.

There’s complaining and then there’s jumping up and throwing your arms about like a child

wasn’t a foul, defender stood his ground

He's right though.

Are you serious? He should have had a free kick and defender sent off. Great opportunity for Barisic but the fanny ref sees nothing in it? Alfie is the only player not allowed to be emotive in Scottish football

He’s refereed to a different standard.

It was a clear block, Porteous backs into Morelos to make sure there’s contact.

According to McCoist the Cuck Porteous just stood his ground though. Par for the course from him on commentary.

McCoist can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned. Boyd making legitimate points post match and rather than back him up he sucks up the arse of that wee prick walker.

He was stupid for remonstrating the way he did, it was always going to be a yellow for that.

Except every player in the world with the exception of Alfredo Morelos gets away with it because its a stupid rule. The fact a Hibs players deliberately tried to injure Kent by stamping on his ankle and receives no punishment but Morelos gets booked for raising his voice is a joke. The fact ao many Rangers fans meekly accept it because the media have brainwashed you into thinking Morelos is the devil is even worse.

I think he called Robertson a cheating schum supporting CU Next Tuesday.
My mistake it was me that said it.

Wait did they get a free kick for that? I must have missed that in my going nuts at he TV. Utterly disgraceful if so.
Sorry if I've got that wrong. Play seemed to stop immediately to award Alfie a yellow card so I've presumed that a free kick was given against us. (Subsequent posts seem to have confirmed that it was a free kick against us but no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

Some embarrassing comments on here. That was no way justified. He was 5 yards away and just showed some frustration. He was absolutely spot on, it should have been a Rangers freekick. Ive seen people scream into referees faces and not get booked. He got booked because of who he is. No other reason

Are you serious? He should have had a free kick and defender sent off. Great opportunity for Barisic but the fanny ref sees nothing in it? Alfie is the only player not allowed to be emotive in Scottish football

Nobody said it wasn't a freekick.

Its the child like reaction thats the problem. He will never learn and he will continue to cost us points with bookings like that.

Scum mentally challenged officials are going to gift their team the league this year and as usual we’ll just take it. When’s the manager and the club going to start screaming about this.
We say nothing and they’ll keep ripping the arse out of us!

That’s them building Morelos disciplinary points up so they can justify sending him off against the mhanky mob.

Don't worry, some of our support (?) are happy alfie got yellow as some of them had him and Scott Arfield to get booked for their tv bets.

Not score goals for us, but get yella cards.

Fuukin astonishing.

Back