Willem II - currently playing and three goals up

I'll hazard a guess at our euro run ending this week. It's unfortunate but if it means improving domestically then so be it.

Anyone who thinks going out of Europe is a preferred option is wrong..That money is crucial to our transfer budget..in January.
This season I'd say it's a double edged sword, the money would be great but on the other hand its a weekly schedule in the group stage this season as opposed to every 2 weeks last season

I'll hazard a guess at our euro run ending this week. It's unfortunate but if it means improving domestically then so be it.
I think the opposite.

We will beat them comfortably, all will be rosy again, they Motherwell will take points off us.

It's much reduced due to no fans. TBH I can't be arsed either. It's not like the money from these runs is changing much domestically.
Ticket revenue down, yes. But the cash on offer for qualification and the cash per win, draw etc is massive for us. We are in no position to scoff at it.

Ticket revenue down, yes. But the cash on offer for qualification and the cash per win, draw etc is massive for us. We are in no position to scoff at it.
It's about six millions. Not to be scoffed at but we made three times that on the last run. It's a huge reduction.

It's much reduced due to no fans. TBH I can't be arsed either. It's not like the money from these runs is changing much domestically.

yeah, we were only able to sign Ryan Kent last season the following day because of qualification.....

If we are to develop getting to the Europa League is massive in helping us achieve silverware...

yeah, we were only able to sign Ryan Kent last season the following day because of qualification.....

If we are to develop getting to the Europa League is massive in helping us achieve silverware...

I'd love to live in this magical world where everything is black and white and it's one or the other that these guys live in. You could also then set your watch by them being the first ones to complain about an early European knockout if we didn't win anything as if that's isn't what they wanted.

It's going to be a very tough ask, not very confident with the injuries and today's display.

We've beat better teams in Europe and will setup in our usual christmas tree formation in europe. Frustrate the life out them and probably put 2 or maybe 3 by them on the counter.

I'd love to live in this magical world where everything is black and white and it's one or the other that these guys live in. You could also then set your watch by them being the first ones to complain about an early European knockout if we didn't win anything as if that's isn't what they wanted.
My thoughts exactly. So by exiting Europe, automatically we become better domestically? Can't see the connection. Winning games brings a mentality to the squad and also offers possible investment in said squad to cope with demands. Demands that have always been present at our club.

As long as we win next Sunday I couldn’t give a %^*& about Thursday

Definitely. I don't think getting to the group stages is going to unlock the funds for some miracle signing that it is going to help us win the league.

We'll more or less attack this title with what we have now.

Would rather do it with free midweeks, and I would rather the mentally challengeds were in the group stages.

I wouldn't be doom and gloom about this. The coaching staff and this group of players normally look like they can be arsed in European ties, especially when the odds are stacked against them.

It's normally the humdrum domestic games when there's a bit of pressure on and where they're expected to win to sustain a title challenge where they collectively shite the bed.

Back