League champions medals are not dished out in September

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's not Gerrard you want, then who D'ye want.

And be realistic now.
A manager that perhaps looks like he cares during games would certainly help. Do you reckon he'd sit on his arse for 90 minutes if he was manager of Liverpool?

He should be out on the technical area getting more out of the players. We rarely ever shoot from outside the box and he appears to be comfortable with it.

I don’t understand posts like this when we have seen repeatedly what this team will give us. It’s essentially the exact same 11 that fell apart last season when the pressure was on. Same cast, same movie, expect the same result.

Absolutely spot on. Same bunch of players, same management team, same crap we've seen over and over. Why the hell some people think we're going to magically start seeing a different end result is completely beyond me.

You’ve got to start somewhere.

Or should we just tell the scum to keep the league flag because they’ve been there and done it?

I’m glad you weren’t defending Derry’s Walls.

I'm not sure how old you are. I sense your young and haven't experienced more succesful Rangers sides.

I'll try and offer a more reasoned response than what I posted last time. The reason so many fans are so pissed off, is due to the fact they know the only way this team is winning the league is the way Liverpool did it last season - relentless winning before the pressure really builds combined with celtic imploding early to gift us a big lead. These players don't have the mentality to win difficult games under big pressure, or more accurately they don't have the mentality to win them regularly enough to win a league title. There isn't a chance we are holding our nerve every Sunday lunchtime in April as we're two points behind with a game in hand. We can't even see off aberdeen in a big cup game. Aug to Oct are where we'll finally stop the rot. That first halloween when we're 7 or 8 clear and celtic are in disarray is the year we'll win it. Annoying it looks like it won't be this season either. After their covid fiasco I was hoping we'd take advantage.

Kudos on being so staunch you managed to shoehorn the siege of LD into this debate. I'm afraid you typing about how loyal and true you are on an anonymous asynchronous message board will likely have little impact on Goldson's inability to clear his lines.

It’s the inability to get it over the line when playing ugly and having to dig in that costs us time after time. We’ve been playing very well in spells this season and defence had been solid until today and the first time it gets tough we fall at the hurdle.

You've got some neck on you. Calling people mentally challengeds who dont thrive on giving out dogs abuse to the team.

Jesus christ, that takes some beating. Everybodies pissed off with the result, but it doesn't help when an avalanche of negativity starts

Lets be candid. It's the same cheerful optimism every time, it makes you wonder. We could draw our next two games, be 6 points behind and there would be the generic thread "Calm Down" etc....

Fans of that mob where confident we would drop points today and we did. Its easy for them because we are fragile in these big away games. At 2 1 up we should see this game out but panic crept in. Yes we play lovely football at times and dominate most games but i never feel comfortable as get the feeling a mistake is on the way.

When was the last time a team who continually fail to apply pressure to their title rivals actually won a league?

Other than us over last 2 seasons you must be meaning ?.

Right, my answer would be before you were born. Right.?

They’re not but that’s 2/3 tricky away games on paper and we’ve dropped points.

We’ve seen this movie many of times before ...

sw26

Hertz, 1986 who had an impressive run and on the last day, one win from the league title and bottled it at Dundee giving the mhanky mhob the title.

Addition, a draw even never mind the win.

Last edited:
Alex Ferguson used to say that the ( English )League started in January but that was when teams dropped more points.
The team looked very sweet moving forward, but 2 points dropped. Far from fatal, but defensive frailties today need to be addressed.
2 points dropped now count the same as 2 points dropped in April. People go on about Tom Forsyth’s cup winner, but forget that we were the form team and would also have been clear League winners as well, but for dreadful needless points dropped at the start of the season.
So, not a disaster, but get the dirty, ugly side of the game sorted out in defence.

As disappointing as today was, let’s remember this is a marathon and not a sprint.

Title winning sides don’t have 100% win records, points are dropped and it’s about how we respond.

Do we get back on track in the next match, or do we continue to stutter like post winter break last season.

By all means criticise but don’t go over the top.
How many times did you say that last season and the season before?

Since our game at parkhead at Xmas. Celtic have went 18 games.

16 wins
2 draw
0 defeats

Yet when we draw against livy and hibs we get the same old leagues aren't won in this month pish. The mentality is pathetic

Same posts at the same time every year.

Come February/March we'll see the same posts about not giving up and surrender monkeys.
Do you think the league will last that long , once the filth go top & the 2nd wave of covid19 arrives watch the league stopped & them awarded the title nothing surer

I'm not sure how old you are. I sense your young and haven't experienced more succesful Rangers sides.

I'll try and offer a more reasoned response than what I posted last time. The reason so many fans are so pissed off, is due to the fact they know the only way this team is winning the league is the way Liverpool did it last season - relentless winning before the pressure really builds combined with celtic imploding early to gift us a big lead. These players don't have the mentality to win difficult games under big pressure, or more accurately they don't have the mentality to win them regularly enough to win a league title. There isn't a chance we are holding our nerve every Sunday lunchtime in April as we're two points behind with a game in hand. We can't even see off aberdeen in a big cup game. Aug to Oct are where we'll finally stop the rot. That first halloween when we're 7 or 8 clear and celtic are in disarray is the year we'll win it. Annoying it looks like it won't be this season either. After their covid fiasco I was hoping we'd take advantage.

Kudos on being so staunch you managed to shoehorn the siege of LD into this debate. I'm afraid you typing about how loyal and true you are on an anonymous asynchronous message board will likely have little impact on Goldson's inability to clear his lines.
I’m 44 and have had a season ticket for 30 years. I’ve seen a genuine 9IAR, I’ve seen the Advocaat side, the miracles under a McLeish, Smith’s return + the recent seasons that I’d prefer to forget.

I remember the criticism dished out to Smith, Advocaat, McLeish, during their title winning seasons. I actually think with age I’ve become more mellow, I try to see the bigger picture rather than be consumed by what happened in the previous 90 mins.

This group of players DO have what it takes to win big games. We’ve beaten good European sides, won at Parkhead. Leverkusen apart, we have held our own against everyone we’ve faced. But we do slip up and we need greater consistency.

For me a big part of our problem is scoring goals and killings teams off. Evident again today when we went 2-1. I hope once Roofe returns and Itten gets up to speed we will resolve this issue and I hope it happens soon.

This is unknown territory for us all. We’ve never had to come back from the fourth tier before. It’s no longer an excuse but it is a reason why our support are so hungry for that first trophy since our return. We’ve been starved. It also doesn’t help that the rest of Scottish football are shite and a very average scum team keeping racking up trophies. This is why there is never any middle ground on here - everything is either sugar or shite, there’s an over reaction to every result, good or bad.

Am I concerned at the dropped points? Yes, of course. But I’m not going to give up the fight in September. There’s a lot of football to be played.

But we’re not 6 behind, are we?

No, we're 'defacto' 2 behind. Which feels eerily familiar.

People expect, and I think they're right, that we'll blink before the mentally challengeds do again.

2 points becoming 4 is more likely than 2 points going back to level. And hey presto, they've got over a win's advantage of us again.

Look, you're absolutely right...that hasn't actually come to pass yet. But people are frustrated because they know it will. I can sit here with absolute confidence and say Celtic will not drop any points before we play them in October. We'll go into it 2 points behind at best, maybe 4. Knowing if we lose then we're really toiling already.

A manager that perhaps looks like he cares during games would certainly help. Do you reckon he'd sit on his arse for 90 minutes if he was manager of Liverpool?

He should be out on the technical area getting more out of the players. We rarely ever shoot from outside the box and he appears to be comfortable with it.
He doesn’t know how to get more out of the players I fear.

Theyre not dished out in September but when there's 9 games to go amid a global pandemic they seemed to be dished out just fine.

F*ck the SFA.

Exactly. Compare our away fixtures so far with who they've played away.

This isn't getting said enough.

We've had the three hardest - Livi, Sheep and Easter Road.

They've had one difficult away fixture - Killie. They dropped points. They will drop points at these grounds too.

sounds like some on here have a similar mentality as the players,
you can't drop easy points in this crap league, if you want to be a winner.

Smith and Advocaat’s sides won trophies.
Oh feck off with this. We can't rewrite the past 2 seasons. We need to look at how we are placed from this moment on.

Using your logic, we'd be as well offering our resignation from the league because Lennon's team has won trophies.

Keep waving your white hankies mate.

Oh feck off with this. We can't rewrite the past 2 seasons. We need to look at how we are placed from this moment on.

Using your logic, we'd be as well offering our resignation from the league because Lennon's team has won trophies.

Keep waving your white hankies mate.
Utter garbage which bears no relevance to my comments.

Smith and Advocaat won trophies FACT.

When did Easter Rd become an easy 3pts?

Dod Smith or Advocaat's sides never drop points against weaker sides?

smith , advocaat and MacLeish sides won league titles and cups and as such were giving breathing space when bad results were recorded .

SG has been handed millions and hes 0/6 on the domestic trophy record . He’s going to come under more scrutiny because of a poor record domestic record .

given the fact a supposedly shite Celtic team are breathing down our necks instead of us pulling away from them doesn’t help either .

As disappointing as today was, let’s remember this is a marathon and not a sprint.

Title winning sides don’t have 100% win records, points are dropped and it’s about how we respond.

Do we get back on track in the next match, or do we continue to stutter like post winter break last season.

Stranger things have happened.

Team that can’t grind out results don’t win league championships and we can’t do that.

Also teams with such an average midfield don’t win league championships and boy oh boy is our midfield average.

Utter garbage which bears no relevance to my comments.

Smith and Advocaat won trophies FACT.
Yes, they did. So far Gerrard hasn't. Does that mean that he won't or can't?

All I'm saying is that the best Rangers teams all dropped points when they were expected to win. And they still went on to lift trophies.

Whether it's this season or not, we will win the title again and it won't be with a 100% record or any surprise slip ups along the way.

smith , advocaat and MacLeish sides won league titles and cups and as such were giving breathing space when bad results were recorded .

SG has been handed millions and hes 0/6 on the domestic trophy record . He’s going to come under more scrutiny because of a poor record domestic record .

given the fact a supposedly shite Celtic team are breathing down our necks instead of us pulling away from them doesn’t help either .
So Gerrard is expected to win each and every game, no margin for error, purely on the basis we don't currently have a trophy in the cabinet?

Not many mentioning we drew the game - a slight improvement on Tynecastle, Rugby Park last season. In fact we're better off points wise than this stage last season (we did lead the thing at Xmas remember). Also few mentioning we were without two first choice midfielders, or that we were playing the third best team in Scotland away from home. A bit of perspective would be good - we are going to get better and some of the negativity on here today is genuinely unbelievable - some basically conceding the title! Yes the defensive concessions are maddening but the rest today was down to shit refereeing, great goalkeeping, poor finishing and plain bad luck. It was not a 'horror show'. Onwards and upwards...

I agree with the sentiment, but I’ve got this awful sense of deja vu. I’m just waiting for someone to come on and say that was the sort of game we’d have lost before.

So we can't win the title then?

Of course we can but I don't think the Management team or the players have learn from their mistakes in the 2 previous seasons

The game away to Hearts in the Scottish Cup is evidence that the current set of players and Manager don't seem to have the required skill set to win the League

Of course we can but I don't think the Management team or the players have learn from their mistakes in the 2 previous seasons

The game away to Hearts in the Scottish Cup is evidence that the current set of players and Manager don't seem to have the required skill set to win the League
Fire them, is that the solution?

Sadly I see this thread title every September... And October, November....

Until we win the bloody thing we're stuck with it.

On the basis of the play the draw is disappointing but Hibs are a decent side who, under Ross, have added a nasty streak to their game and when you have a referee who takes a lenient approach they are difficult to play against. They are well organised and will not be beaten many times, particularly at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back