Tavernier

Barisic should have smashed the winger into next week when he took a heavy touch and then a midfielder ran into the box unchallenged for the 1st.

Goldson gave a half arsed flick into a shocking area of the pitch for the 2nd.

Can totally see how it was tavs fault though.

Is no-one interested in the fact that he was yet again culpable at both goals ?
Second shld have stopped cross coming in but tgat was before offside and goldson making a cnut of it.

1st one i really dont get why hes beingblamed in any way.

Both avoidable goals, regardless of offsides etc.

Borna should have stopped the cross and despite Helander slipping, Steven Davis should not leave his man to sprint 10 yards to the front post - I cannot see what he was thinking with that one.

Connor Goldson should be slapped for flicking the ball back into a Hibs player 15 yards outside our own box.

The whole defence was at sixes and sevens today.

If you are going to dish it out - and believe me, I find Tavernier as frustrating as anyone - then you have to be fair. The whole backline performed terribly today.

Tav played his part in the second goal by allowing the cross to come in so easily, but noticed a couple of times he was caught 2 on 1 due to a lack of cover

Both avoidable goals, regardless of offsides etc.

Borna should have stopped the cross and despite Helander slipping, Steven Davis should not leave his man to sprint 10 yards to the front post - I cannot see what he was thinking with that one.

Connor Goldson should be slapped for flicking the ball back into a Hibs player 15 yards outside our own box.

Yes - just ignore the offside.

When teams come at us rather than sitting in their own half then he gets found out. It's not his fault though as he is the best RB we have and he doesn't pick himself

Bit harsh. Barasic should have dealt with the first and Goldson for the second. Don’t u can blame Tav

1st goal came from left hand side, 2nd came from a mistake in the middle (and he sold Tav a perfect dummy to put the cross in) but its our rigth wing backs fault.

Morons

Is no-one interested in the fact that he was yet again culpable at both goals ?

picard-facepalm.jpg

Amazing how many are going out their way to ignore Borna's mistakes and somehow put them on Tav.

2nd goal Tav has to do much more to stop the cross, but the fault stems from Goldson and should have been flagged before the ball even reaches the box if the linesman isn't a complete mong.

First goal has f*ck all to do with Tav.

Barisic should actually have matched the guys run on Helander for the 2nd. Bad day for individuals and the defence as a unit.

As a whole I think our defence is to soft and to fair, they got bullied today and not for the first time.
They set out to upset us and it worked, Goldson fell apart like a cheap watch second half.

We need a powerful midfielder who can drive us on when things are tough.

The real problem - and the one that should worry us more than anything - was that Jack Ross changed it immediately after our second goal. He switched his shape and tactical approach in order to create the opportunity for overloads against both our full backs. Gerrard didn’t react and our midfield were hopelessly incapable of making it difficult for them to shift the ball into those wide areas and create those opportunities.

SG got outsmarted by Jack Ross. Let that sink in.

Back