Allan Campbell

CooperOnTheWing

If we’re looking for energy and dig in the midfield we could do worse than sign this guy. He’s technically good, but not great, but I can’t help feel we’d have won today with him in the team. Very much of the Stuart McCall mould. Covers every blade of grass and wins the ball. Maybe not one for high level European games but for a guaranteed injection of energy domestically he would be the player.

If we’re looking for energy and dig in the midfield we could do worse than sign this guy. He’s technically good, but not great, but I can’t help feel we’d have won today with him in the team. Very much of the Stuart McCall mould. Covers every blade of grass and wins the ball. Maybe not one for high level European games but for a guaranteed injection of energy domestically he would be the player.
The 2020 FF buzzword.

The last thing we need, but it will still be used ad nauseam as opposed to a genuine solution.

He’s a classic Scottish player, a grafter, puts in a shift, high energy but poor with the ball at his feet.

Could be a useful squad addition but he won’t take us to the level we need to be.

He’s nowhere near the required standard, Don’t think their is a midfielder in Scotland outside the Scum who would improve us.

Every time we drop points "we need folk to run about a bit more."

We've dominated that game today and they had 11 touches in our box. We most certainly weren't outrun or outfought. There was no battle lost today.

We just had poor finishing and another poor decision.

It amazes me that we still have players who like today reckon we can go to places like Easter Rd and treat it as a training session. Hibs sussed our lazy attitude within minutes.

He is def the pick of the bunch over there. Possibly even more than Turnbull.
Unfortunately Gerrard just doesn't rate Scottish players. Especially ones that haven't been playing in any other league!
Don't think he rates the scottish game either.

We had this with Docherty, then it was Hastie. Great young Scottish players we had to sign.I suppose the law of averages might kick in at some point.

We lacked authority

A key point for me. I do think we lack someone who is going to hold others accountable and demand maximum effort and concentration. A moaning bastard who is simply not willing to take anyone's crap.

The first bit of fannying about from Goldson should've saw one of his team mates tell him to wrap it. Instead the slackness carried on.

XoAPcra.gif

A key point for me. I do think we lack someone who is going to hold others accountable and demand maximum effort and concentration. A moaning bastard who is simply not willing to take anyone's crap.

The first bit of fannying about from Goldson should've saw one of his team mates tell him to wrap it. Instead the slackness carried on.

This. We desperately need a Barry Ferguson type that will drag performances out of people on days like today.

We lacked authority, the ability to move the ball with pace, spot those early passes, retain possession, quality, clinical and ruthlessness.

We especially lacked quality 30 yards in from goal.

We don't need a player that charges about the park with next to no qualities.
We also lack a substantial amount of players within the squad who have actually won anything; is that not unprecedented in a Rangers squad from any other era? I'm sticking with this manager, and this squad of players because what they need more than anything is silverware. It won't be easy, but when this team does win something it will be the makings of a great many of them.

Right, that's enough of this forum for me today. Maybe tomorrow as well.

tenor.gif

Hang around, usually gets interesting when the rest of wacky mob come back pissed from the pub about now.

We're only just warming up here.

Unfortunately Gerrard just doesn't rate Scottish players. Especially ones that haven't been playing in any other league!
He won’t get a job of note in management again if he fails here.

Cliche after cliche after cliche.

It ok - you don’t work in the scottish media - you can form a coherent, thought out argument if you want.

We also lack a substantial amount of players within the squad who have actually won anything; is that not unprecedented in a Rangers squad from any other era? I'm sticking with this manager, and this squad of players because what they need more than anything is silverware. It won't be easy, but when this team does win something it will be the makings of a great many of them.

Question marks over whether they can deliver said trophy.

They don't handle pressure or expectations well.

Absolutely what we are missing. Stuart McCall wasn’t technically brilliant either but got others playing by setting the tempo.

Never happen mate.
Maybe if he was french

I dont know much about the guy, but I'm willing to give the op a break on this.

We all want a quality midfielder in, but even without guarantees we would need to spend a fair bit of cash.

We dont have the money to do that unless we sell and get decent money in.

I know we're all desperate for the league, forget the cups, but surely none of us want to get in a situation like the club found itself in before.

Kyle Lafferty
Flo Kamberi
Jake Hastie
Jordan Jones
Glen Kamara

Some were good enough. Some not so. But you have just made that up.

I'd like to see an expensive loan, of the kind of player Steven Davis was when he came initially; the kind of player that would be without doubt a real step up in quality through the middle. Very easy to ask for, and I don't expect us to do that anyway. I always remember Davis played at Tynecastle in one of his first games and he really was a class player from the get go. We have real potential in our squad, but a player for the "now" would be ideal.

I wouldn't be adverse to us signing him for the right price to see if he can make the step up. However that would be in addition to the quality midfielder that we need (possibly 2) who can go straight into/compete for first 11 from the get go.
To say he would have made the difference today is daft, unless he would have scored morelos header, Kents one on one or arfields two chances at the end.

Back