Official Serie A thread 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Main Stand

Official Ticketer
The best league in the world starts back tonight.

Fancy Inter for the title this year as they've retained Conte, some players and signed Hakimi. Still lacking in squad depth and losing Tonali to their rivals was criminal.

Tonight's games
Fiorentina v Torino 5PM
Veron v Roma 7:45PM.

Fiorentina opened last season with a thrilling match against Napoli, this wont be as exciting as Torino generally depend on Belotti to even be competent. Verona are solid defensively and well organised, Roma have lost Kolorov and have yet to replace an ageing Dzeko. Zaniolo out for a while with his second ACL injury is a blow, he's only a kid and is their playmaker.

2-1 Fiorentina and 1-0 Roma IMO.

Inter will have another good season but Juve will retain the title again.

Can Atalanta be the goalscoring machine again?

I'm buzzing for it.

Strongly fancy Inter, Hakimi is going to be an absolute star in Conte's system and Kolarov is still a big upgrade on the other side. Get the Vidal deal over the line and they are ready to go.

Weird transfer IMO, until i see him holding the kit i won't believe it. Napoli making a decent loss on him.

Didn’t realise he is still only 26 too, I think he’ll be a superb signing. Not so chuffed with Dzeko going to Juve though. Are they not after Suarez anymore?

Didn’t realise he is still only 26 too, I think he’ll be a superb signing. Not so chuffed with Dzeko going to Juve though. Are they not after Suarez anymore?
He's a cracking player, i have Napoli leanings so quite annoyed. I assume Dzeko is to fill the Mandzukic void, which is also a weird signing IMO. Suppose they don't have an out and out NO9 with Higauin leaving. Wouldn't surprise me if both pitched up tbh.

It’s not the best league in the world. It’s a procession, with Juventus winning the title every year. I watched three or four games last season, after folk raving about it on here and they were awful, played in half empty, decrepit stadiums with shite players that shat their pants anytime they got near the box.

One of the games Napoli v someone, perhaps Milan? would be enough to get football stopped.

Italian games are so slow, laboured and dull. It’s like sides don’t want to attack half the time, truly bizarre.

There is a reason Italian sides achieve zero in Europe, the quality just isn’t there.

It’s not the best league in the world. It’s a procession, with Juventus winning the title every year. I watched three or four games last season, after folk raving about it on here and they were awful, played in half empty, decrepit stadiums with shite players that shat their pants anytime they got near the box.

One of the games Napoli v someone, perhaps Milan? would be enough to get football stopped.

Italian games are so slow, laboured and dull. It’s like sides don’t want to attack half the time, truly bizarre.

There is a reason Italian sides achieve zero in Europe, the quality just isn’t there.

Can't wait for your description of Scottish football if that's your assessment of the Italian. :))

Fair enough mate but I respectfully disagree, loads of goals in Serie A. So that’s just stereotype nonsense. IIRC Serie A had the 2nd highest GPG ratio of any league last season, behind La Liga.

In my opinion it’s the most exciting league, only one that holds my attention. Far more exciting than the utter dross which is the EPL.

Last edited:
Fair enough mate but I respectfully disagree, loads of goals in Serie A. So that’s just stereotype nonsense. IIRC Serie A had the 2nd highest GPG ratio of any league last season. In my opinion it’s the most exciting most exciting league, only one that holds my attention.
Fair enough mate. It would be good to see someone else win it just for the sake of variety but that seems miles off.

Fair enough mate. It would be good to see someone else win it just for the sake of variety but that seems miles off.
It’s a lot more likely than the Bundesliga for example, Inter would have won it last season but Conte wasn’t allowed to get the depth he needed.

That seems to have improved with the likes of Kolarov and Hakimi coming in. I genuinely think they will this season.

If Samp can get anywhere the Europa League places I will be a happy man. However I think they will once again be part of the relegation battle.

And if it’s not hard enough they play Juve away first up.

Pirlo’s first season in charge too, wonder if he’ll be dictated to by Ronaldo like Sarri was.

Can't wait for your description of Scottish football if that's your assessment of the Italian. :))
Mate, honestly, during some of the games I have watched it feels like the sides have all the ambition of a Ross County at Ibrox.

The amount of backwards and sideways passes is unreal and no player ever seems to use their weaker foot when there is the chance to just use their stronger one to kick it backwards.

Juventus need to leave, like us and the bheasts, to give others a chance.

Third highest scoring league in Europe after the Bundesliga and Premier League I believe.

I understand if you've watched some dull games that that would influence your idea of the league but almost everything you mentioned there is untrue imo :D

Not expecting much from Napoli this year, looking really light in the midfield. Hoping the coppa win could provide a platform to try and challenge for the title but with the resurgence of the Milan clubs and Lazio putting themselves back in the hunt, not to mention Atalanta bursting onto the scene in recent seasons - I fear Napoli are going to be struggling to even get a Europa spot.

Hoping we see a good title battle this season like we were seeing prior to lockdown but I can't see past Juve unfortunately.

Mate, honestly, during some of the games I have watched it feels like the sides have all the ambition of a Ross County at Ibrox.

The amount of backwards and sideways passes is unreal and no player ever seems to use their weaker foot when there is the chance to just use their stronger one to kick it backwards.

Juventus need to leave, like us and the bheasts, to give others a chance.

Fair enough. Some games can be quite good, and some, languid . Sometimes I like the slow games as you can learn tactics and formations, well, I try to .

Not expecting much from Napoli this year, looking really light in the midfield. Hoping the coppa win could provide a platform to try and challenge for the title but with the resurgence of the Milan clubs and Lazio putting themselves back in the hunt, not to mention Atalanta bursting onto the scene in recent seasons - I fear Napoli are going to be struggling to even get a Europa spot.

Hoping we see a good title battle this season like we were seeing prior to lockdown but I can't see past Juve unfortunately.
Seems for the minute they’ve somehow retained Kallidou. I think we may see a lost arch bastard 1-0 games involving Napoli.

Milan have done some great transfer business so far, securing Tonali was a big coup. Hopefully they can pick up where they left off after lockdown, top four has to be the target.

Sitter from Kouame, neither of these teams have strengthened at all. Obviously Fiorentina have Biraghi back but still.

I assume Suarez is meant to still be going to Juve ? He was in Turin yesterday im sure a heard on SSN. Flew in with private jet after training with Barca

A wise move if it goes through for both, can see Suarez running riot in that league with Juve.

I assume Suarez is meant to still be going to Juve ? He was in Turin yesterday im sure a heard on SSN. Flew in with private jet after training with Barca

A wise move if it goes through for both, can see Suarez running riot in that league with Juve.

Rumours of a Liverpool return as it appeared he has back out of a move to Juve?

Much better in Serie A - just need to make sure that he gets decent pre-match meals at Juve. Chiellini will hope so too.

Is this '10 in a row' Juventus are going for now? Far past time that sort of run was ended.

I don't think there's a country in the world that has as many truly great football clubs as Italy. Its high time another one of them stepped up to the mark.

Roma can go and take a good %^*& to themselves.

One thing I can guarantee from 45 mins is Roma won’t be challenging for the title. They are rotten and that’s being kind.

The constant fouls giving bŷ referees in Italy is frustrating. Any contact and they’re down.

I look forward to the day I watch it and enjoy

Btw, how stupid does the Fiorentina gaffer look wearing a suit with a baseball cap? Like a ned going to court.

I'm sure I've read that he has some kind of condition that is exacerbated by bright lights.

I can't remember exactly what it is but it might be something like migraines are triggered by the floodlights or something so he wears the cap to block them out.

I'm sure I've read that he has some kind of condition that is exacerbated by bright lights.

I can't remember exactly what it is but it might be something like migraines are triggered by the floodlights or something so he wears the cap to block them out.

That's fair enough I suppose :)

Roma can go and take a good %^*& to themselves.

One thing I can guarantee from 45 mins is Roma won’t be challenging for the title. They are rotten and that’s being kind.

The constant fouls giving bŷ referees in Italy is frustrating. Any contact and they’re down.

I look forward to the day I watch it and enjoy

It's going to be a tough season for Roma, they pushed Juve very close a few times during this decade of dominance but those days are gone. Signing the likes of Pedro won't help.

Zaniolo doing his ACL on international duty was the ultimate kick in the stones, brutal way to lose your best player for most of the season.

Today so far;

Parma 0-2 Napoli :cool:
Genoa 4-1 Crotone
Sassualo 1-1 Cagliari

Juve currently 1-0 up at HT and dominating as expected. Samp had a couple of half chances all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back