The difference between us and them

It’s not footballing ability, it’s not scoring goals.

it’s consistency and the willingness to dig in and get results even when you’re under the cosh and playing shite.

much has been made of their performances the last couple of weeks, yet low and behold they have managed to win every game since their draw at Kilmarnock, going behind to st Mirren and Livingston. We just can’t seem to do this.

what will it take to change this?
At the end of the day it’s bottle , the scum today would’ve thrown the sink at it , bitten , cheated and dived ,, but would’ve got the pen Defoe should’ve got . They would’ve scored last kick of the ball .’what we need is the no surrender spirit , we once had . To never give in and fight to the very very end . Sadly we don’t have that . We’ve got the players to do the job and win the league , they need the bottle

The difference?

Been the same for a while.

They score loads of goals from just inside/outside the box. They shoot continuously. They're usually very accurate too.

We avoid shooting in the same areas. Kamara today avoided it no less than 8 times.

Why? I've no idea but it is the essential difference.

Bollocks, it’s having referees in their pocket, as this weekend has shown.

They ‘know what’s at stake’ and will never, ever let us win this title.
Genuinely would like to know how they have referees in their pocket,what is it they have over them?

The difference is that if that was them today, Hibs equaliser wouldn’t have stood and the late goal we scored would have stood for them.

I'm sick of hearing this pish about referees. We have the ability to completely take them out the equation, by just getting the job done on the park.

Are we officiated differently ? Yes.

Would we win the title this season even if refs treated us fairly? No

Of course we wouldn’t. Over the course of 38 games we will slip up more than a title winning team can afford. That much has been established over the last two years.

Frankly it’s sickening how many points we have chucked away from winning positions.

Years and years of inTimidation,smashing their windows,hiring PI's to follow them,abusing them in the street and not to mention the up and coming bunch of Walsh,Clancy,Robertson etc who all came from sectarian schooling and are big fans of sellick.
These guys are generally professionals out with their refereeing which is basically a hobby Clancy is a solicitor advocate,Walsh I believe works at Boclair Academy.
I DONT believe they are intimidated by some wee neds.We can win the league if we stop chucking away points.
Not having a go at you mate but for me it's just a comfort blanket blaming refs.

The difference is they have a core of winners and we have a group of players who mostly have done %^*& all and dont know what it's like to win a title.

They are better than us over the course, whether it be ability wise or mentally is up for debate. Yes we are a match for them in one off fixtures now but they grind it out against the rest. Not nice to admit as I dont think they are any good at all.

Will the people who automatically jump to blame the referees for every point we drop acknowledge that if we'd not fluffed multiple chances today, shocking refereeing wouldn't have mattered?

Will the people who automatically jump to blame the referees for every point we drop acknowledge that if we'd not fluffed multiple chances today, shocking refereeing wouldn't have mattered?

Im sure you can see the irony in your post.

Today in spells was some of the best football I've seen in Scotland for a while. But it counts for nothing if the end result doesn't happen. It's been said we have to much scarring as fans and as a team. That is why I can only sadly feel the worst, even though I know we are every bit as good as them.....winning is the only cure.

You are aware that they caused a ref strike in 2010 when physically intimidating refs before and after games ?
Absolutely and I am not denying that Celtic are scum,I would question if things are that bad why do the job. We have been on the wrong end of some horrendous decisions but I do believe that if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot and win games we should be we can win the league.

Say the same about Gerrard after every game we are done by decisions

He either fails to highlight it or glosses over it

If that was Lennon today you can guarantee he’d have made a big fuss about it.

We are so naive as is our manager when it comes to things like this
Difference being lennon would have the ear of the lackys, gerrard would be ridiculed.

Absolutely and I am not denying that Celtic are scum,I would question if things are that bad why do the job. We have been on the wrong end of some horrendous decisions but I do believe that if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot and win games we should be we can win the league.

Hibs would have been reduced to 10 or even 9 men today against Celtc for their repeated elbow smashes. They will not do the same next week at the Piggery, guaranteed.

Livingston scored two at the piggery yesterday and should have scored a late equaliser.

St. Mirren could have got a draw in midweek.

I'm sure Ross County hit the woodwork a few times and had a few chances.

It's not that teams don't try as hard as they do against us.

People were laughing at the state of the bheggars defence but they still win football matches. Their attacking players take the pressure of their weak defence. We squander chances right, left and centre.

They put winning runs together, the most we've done is 6 and on one occassion.

We started last season stronger.

Fucking excuses for every time we drop points or fail to capitalise or take our chances, apply pressure.

At least the fans can't be blamed for these types of performances and results now

Nah the blame is being put 100% onto the officials now. It’s the only thing some fans have left when seeking to absolve the manager and players of all blame, because you know they’re fantastic and the other mob are shite and there for the taking etc etc

The difference is when Alfie made a ‘hand gesture’ the MSM spoke about it for 2 weeks till he got a ban thumb head throw a roll of tape at a fan n it was brushed off as not dangerous both should have been the same offensive absolutely nothing. They have way to much influence on our season. The different standard needs to stop before we have a chance.

Difference is spending power and a larger squad-we bought Itten they bought the boy from West Ham-the difference is noticeable.

We also bought Roofe. RE: Ajeti, many on here laughed at the signing. He's scoring goals. We are still fluffing our lines and Itten, who was on fire prior to signing, has lost his momentum.

I'm sick of hearing this pish about referees. We have the ability to completely take them out the equation, by just getting the job done on the park.

Why the fûck should we have to play at a level that requires us to overcome cheating referees as well as our opponents?

Are we not entitled to just pick up points by being refereed impartially?

If the officials done there job properly today then we leave with 3 points. You can’t really argue with that.

Like it or not refereeing decisions have a major impact and implication on the results of football matches. This, 'we should rise above it' narrative does my head in. It's why every side moans after something goes against them. I've seen countless top level teams go ballistic over marginal decisions. Hence they invented and implemented VAR to use in top level games. It matters.

Should we have been more clinical? Absolutely, however the two arguments aren't mutually exclusive. You can hold both opinions. It's not one or the other.

Should Hibs have been down to 10 men in the first half? Yes, they should have been. I don't mind physical teams but they went beyond what was fair.

Should their second goal have stood? No, it was offside by about a yard. That's a game altering decision. That changes the complexion of a game. It changes the tone and puts the pressure solely on us. That's the issue I have with it.

Genuinely would like to know how they have referees in their pocket,what is it they have over them?
Ah were to start, fear, intimidation, a media who slaughters every decision that doesn’t benefit then, an FA that ignores disparaging remarks by Lennon on them, while hammering anything we say ( not that it’s much) is that enough our would you like me to go on.

There’s no doubt we get a harder time of it, no doubt at all, but they’re not the reason we drop points every single time we drop points. The way some are pinning every and any dropped point on officials and a conspiracy reminds me of delusional cries of another set of fans in the 90’s.

We passed up guilt edged chances today, we also had our centre half make a complete arse of things to even give them the opportunity in the first place. Until we can sort out these fundamental basics we’re winning fùck all. It does brother me that we could end up narrowly losing out due to a bias (for some it’s conscious for others it may even be subconscious) of officials. However until we stop making excuses and look at our glaring flaws we won’t even get he chance to come close enough to be narrowly losing any championship.

First post is right, second post is wrong,

it's not about money,

overall we have better players than them,

it's about winning dirty,

even playing shite and nicking a goal in the last minute is what they do better than us,

it's why we do well in europe playing against a better standard of team,

we rise to it, meet it face on even, and it is an environment we are more comfortable in given our quality of player,

it is the fuckin dross in domestic football we are struggling against

it's about winning dirty,

even playing shite and nicking a goal in the last minute is what they do better than us,

We nicked a goal in the last minute today. The referee ruled it out for nothing.

We nicked a late winning goal at Rugby park last season. The referee ruled it out for nothing.

We should have nicked a late winning goal away at Pittodrie last season. The referee denied us a stonewall penalty to give us that chance however.

All games we played poorly in but all games we should have had late winners in. Can you quote any examples of similar happening to the scum?

People are seriously understating just how much cheating officials are costing us.

Ah were to start, fear, intimidation, a media who slaughters every decision that doesn’t benefit then, an FA that ignores disparaging remarks by Lennon on them, while hammering anything we say ( not that it’s much) is that enough our would you like me to go on.
I get it refs get a hard time but put it in perspective it's not the Russian mafia we are dealing with here.Would the media up here scare anybody,I don't think anyone is cowering in fear from Hugh Keevins.
Look ime not saying we haven't had bad decisions or they haven't had the benefit of decisions.
We need to look at ourselves,losing at home to Hamilton dropping points where we have dominated games,that's not the refs fault.

I get it refs get a hard time but put it in perspective it's not the Russian mafia we are dealing with here.Would the media up here scare anybody,I don't think anyone is cowering in fear from Hugh Keevins.
Look ime not saying we haven't had bad decisions or they haven't had the benefit of decisions.
We need to look at ourselves,losing at home to Hamilton dropping points where we have dominated games,that's not the refs fault.

It's not the media the refs are scared of. It's the 'Greatest Fans in the World' that give them bother out and about in their personal lives. Prime example, look at what happened to Beaton after our first win at Ibrox against them in Gerrard's first season, his number was leaked and he received death threats. The press just fan the flames.

It’s not footballing ability, it’s not scoring goals.

it’s consistency and the willingness to dig in and get results even when you’re under the cosh and playing shite.

much has been made of their performances the last couple of weeks, yet low and behold they have managed to win every game since their draw at Kilmarnock, going behind to st Mirren and Livingston. We just can’t seem to do this.

what will it take to change this?
A couple more quality players in my view. A right sided attacker who can score goals and a creative deep playmaker for central midfield.

Sorry for not looking through any of the replies but for me . i dont know about that lot but we dont give the opposition enough respect . sure we have better players in every position on the field but if they fight we have to fight harder and the defence has to defend and concentrate on that . Its often been said to be a good goalkeeper for Rangers you need to concentrate . It should be the same for all the defence . Today that didn't happen . It doesn't happen that often but when it does it seems to cost us .

On the park when do you ever see our captain in the refs face questioning decisions that go against us ? there’s does

Much of it is down to self-belief, confidence and possessing a winning mentality. True winners need an arrogant streak, whereby they genuinely believe that they are superior to the competition.

It's that dogged self-belief that drags winners over the finishing line when bodies are tired and the odds are stacking up against them. Through years of winning, the mentally challengeds have that mindset, and it's yet to be broken by a rival.

Through years of failing to achieve, we have yet to master that mentality, and until we do so, we will always be seen as underdogs - by others and more importantly, by ourselves.

True winners never see themselves as underdogs - they see triumph and they see success. We need to believe in ourselves more and believe that we're better than them. As it stands, we don't.

Are we officiated differently ? Yes.

Would we win the title this season even if refs treated us fairly? No

Of course we wouldn’t. Over the course of 38 games we will slip up more than a title winning team can afford. That much has been established over the last two years.

Frankly it’s sickening how many points we have chucked away from winning positions.
25 points under Gerrard from winning postions

It's not the media the refs are scared of. It's the 'Greatest Fans in the World' that give them bother out and about in their personal lives. Prime example, look at what happened to Beaton after our first win at Ibrox against them in Gerrard's first season, his number was leaked and he received death threats. The press just fan the flames.
I get it mate they are scum,but Beat on is still refereeing,if he was that bothered he would have chucked it.

We nicked a goal in the last minute today. The referee ruled it out for nothing.

We nicked a late winning goal at Rugby park last season. The referee ruled it out for nothing.

We should have nicked a late winning goal away at Pittodrie last season. The referee denied us a stonewall penalty to give us that chance however.

All games we played poorly in but all games we should have had late winners in. Can you quote any examples of similar happening to the scum?

People are seriously understating just how much cheating officials are costing us.
Defoe handled the ball before Alfie scored unfortunately.

our problem is that we are not clinical in front of goal AND we try to walk the ball into the net too much

goalkeeper position has been solid all season

defence has been excellent all season

midfield has bossed every game

up front we have had roofe, morelos, itten and defoe all out at some point already with injury and we have lost aribo and (even barker) to injury, alifie getting dropped, hagi's form has been indifferent as well. only kent has been on his game all season.

Does anybody know what our first choice frontline is?

We need to strengthen as gerrard has gone on record to say. todays bench showed he didnt trust jones or barjonas as we needed a bit of creation not filling the box with strikers

Back