Tavernier

What a load of clueless shite.

The first goal comes from Borna giving Boyle too much space and then Steven Davis getting sucked into the front post and leaving Wright in acres of space.

The 2nd goal came from a loose pass from Goldson, followed by a very poor offside call by the assistant referee.

Try watching a sport you know something about, if there is such a thing.
If Tav was on the bench today some would blame him for the goals

Here we go blame Tav. See if you watch the first Hibs goal Davis leaves his man to close the near post. Yes Tav may have been at fault for not closing down the cross but still has to be dealt with by defence. Helander could have dealt with that better

If anyone was to call out Tav defensively it would be me, but to hold him culpable for the 1st goal seems odd.

The big worry was the number of mistakes made by a number of players for both goals. Barisic deserves the same amount of abuse Tav would get if he had done the same for the 1st.

I also agree that Helander has to be stronger in his attempts to win the ball for the 2nd.
Genuine question, was he fouled? Or was Doidge just up above him and before him and therefore able to keep him down legally?

Tav was not to blame for the first goal , maybe he did not have his best game today, however the problem with Tav is he is not a leader on the park, Leaders on the park influence team mates and referees

Borna was teased a little by Boyle’s apparently heavy initial touch, so he went to commit and realised he wasn’t getting there.

Have to admit, that's not how I saw it at all. Barisic got surprised by Boyles heavy touch and didn't know what to do. The touch was that heavy that the ball could've been easily won by Barisic if he fancied it.....but he didn't.

Have to admit, that's not how I saw it at all. Barisic got surprised by Boyles heavy touch and didn't know what to do. The touch was that heavy that the ball could've been easily won by Barisic if he fancied it.....but he didn't.
I dunno mate. Maybe need to watch it another couple of times. My initial thought was “just go and foul him” after he’d semi committed and realised he wasn’t gonna get there.

The other thing is that Boyle is quick. The touch might’ve deceived Barisic due to Boyle’s speed to get back on it.

Is no-one interested in the fact that he was yet again culpable at both goals ?
5EZGmZG.gif

"Rangers' Das"? What the hell is that meant to mean? Too old to have an opinion?

It’s nothing to do with being old. It’s the loonballs on Twitter mainly who have mental opinions like wanting Jason Cummings to start over Morelos because he gets it.

Is no-one interested in the fact that he was yet again culpable at both goals ?
You're having a laugh. Barisic doesn't cut out the cross for the first one and Goldson has a complete brain fart and that's before the obvious offside by the linesman but aye let's dig Tav out. Jesus Christ.

I would delete this thread. I'm critical of Tav, but there was many others more culpable today. Many!
No opinions permitted then. We continually lose goals from rb position. His stats look good but ! Wait for it most of the good ones came in lower leagues. I have followed Rangers for over 40 years and I mean going to the games over 50 overseas. He is the equivalent of Ally Dawson.
Who i thought was pish but nice guy.

No opinions permitted then. We continually lose goals from rb position. His stats look good but ! Wait for it most of the good ones came in lower leagues. I have followed Rangers for over 40 years and I mean going to the games over 50 overseas. He is the equivalent of Ally Dawson.

40 years watching football but you're still to grasp the basics of the game.

How exactly can you blame the right back for a goal that came down the left?

No player is above criticism but it's truly baffling when people try to shoehorn the blame onto someone – on what planet is Tav the one to blame for both those goals?
Had a good drink in me but unless I’ve lost the plot Barisic wAs sleeping at the first and our centre half’s were sleeping at the second.

We blew that ourselves today Morelos sitter and Arfield chance got to bury them

I will ask this once has anyone on here ever seen Tav put a crunching tackle on any opponent ????? Thought so too weak as a defender

The real problem - and the one that should worry us more than anything - was that Jack Ross changed it immediately after our second goal. He switched his shape and tactical approach in order to create the opportunity for overloads against both our full backs. Gerrard didn’t react and our midfield were hopelessly incapable of making it difficult for them to shift the ball into those wide areas and create those opportunities.

SG got outsmarted by Jack Ross. Let that sink in.
That would explain why the formation and tactics we had when 2-1 ahead, created gilt edge chances for four different players?

I can't believe this is still running after 4 pages.

The OP is clearly either fishing with great success, or a zoomer.

Didn’t do particularly well at the second goal but wasn’t exactly the one who cost us 2 points today.

For me the bit that summed up why I don’t get the overwhelming praise for Tavernier was the free kick at the end, it summed up my issue with him and most of this team. There’s a few minutes left and you badly need a goal at an often tricky venue to stop the scum having the chance to build a points lead, in that moment we need a good ball and as happens all too often, he gets it badly wrong in the pressure moment and gives their keeper what was essentially a pass back.
What boils my piss at times is when we get a free kick on the left hand side high up the pitch and Tav runs 100 odd yards (to take him well out of position) over to take it ahead of Borna who in my opinion delivers a far more dangerous ball. I get that sometimes inswinger V outswinger is tactical but play to the strength of the team and have your best player at delivering crosses take them rather than your captain roaming around the pitch to take free kicks that he shouldn’t be near... not a Tav bashing reply here btw, more of a frustrated observation from a frustrated bear!

I know.
I come on (first mistake) promising myself not to engage with these guys.
It lasts ten minutes, which is better than the five it used to.
Next week, I’ll try for the whole fifteen minutes!
Had the same idea mate, told myself don’t log on it’ll make you more angry

He must have had some season in his one lower league year to have racked up “most” of his 49 goals and 77 assists in one year.

And if he did, the 24 goals and 38 assists left over would still be a decent total for most attacking midfielders in 4 years, never mind a full back.

I actually thought you’d done well to trump the op in stupid then I noticed you were the op. It’d be easier just to admit the goals didn’t happen today as you thought unless you subscribe to “it’s Tavs fault because he didn’t leadership Barisic into doing better or Connor into not brain- farting by the magical powers of an arm band”

Back