Still top of the league and undefeated

Is every dropped point due to our lack of 'bottle' - and when we win it's because... the opposition are shit?

It's football. Points get dropped especially when there is a lack of genuine quality in the team.

It is good to be optimistic and to search for positives.

But today was a terrible result and it was down to very very familiar failings. That’s worrying.

Well, for me the same old questions of bottle on and off the pitch raise their head again.

That being said, it was a tough away fixture and we come away with a point. There are going to be many twists and turns this season so I don't want to go full nuclear over this.

It stings but its not terminal. What bothers me is the bottle issue and perhaps its just me but until this team and management wave something shiny at me I think its always going to be a niggle in my head.
While in our previous title winning yeaes id agree. In seasons we won the league we dropped plenty of daft points but the difference now is that the standard of opposition is worse than it has ever been imo and the poets will drop very few points against the others. Unfortunately they basically go on winning streaks of 10 plus games and that is what we cant do.

GtVIzx.gif

We have to up our game, beat Motherwell and move on. Today wasn't good enough but at least we are top of the league with a point. Midfield signing now desperately needed or we can kiss the title goodbye. Gerrard seems to know how to play Europe so feeling positive about a Europa Group stage and about £15m into the coffers which is a nice consolation prize if we blow the title like last year.

That could happen, but if it does you can guarantee they’ll lose/draw the very next match and throw away whatever advantage they’ve gained. It’s what this lot do, they are mentally weak and have proved it time and time again. Why anyone would expect anything different is beyond me.

Livi and now Hibs this team has shown they can't handle the pressure.

The fhilth win their game in hand they leap frog us.

Warning signs are very clear from today.

We are now behind last season where we failed and haven't played them yet. Frankly anyone posting undefeated and top of the league needs chased . We've had enough of these happy clapping posts that inevitably are missing when it turns to shit. Love to be wrong but it's three seasons in and the writing is on the wall.

The next game will show if this team is up for it or not. Its how they react to another 2 points lost. No use beating Celtic in a few weeks if we drop points to Livi and Hivs. We'll soon see.

I disagree, you've already conceeded the tims will win their game in hand with that attitude. No guarantees they'll win it.
Yesterday if that was Celtic playing Hibs, the officials would have had a Hibs player sent off and their equaliser chalked off just for starters

No guarantees, but they will be given every assistance to win games where we won’t

Same tripe shite talk as last year. I will wait for results to do the talking and the result is we are still not good enough. The first challenge of the season and it ended in failure.
The first challenge of the season was away to Aberdeen which we won and we concede for the first time this season 8 games in.It was disappointing but continue in this form and will end up with around 98 points which normally wins the league,a wee bit of perspective is required mate.

That performance was nothing like the livingston game. We created enough chances and shots on target to win 3 games. A couple of outstanding saves by their keeper thrown in, god knows how many stamps on Kent and a yellow instead of red for an an elbow in the face because the ref doesn’t know the rules or is a cheat. We weren’t ruthless enough and uncharacteristically slack at the back. We missed Jack. Goldson and Barisic had their worst game in a long time, but we should have still come away with 3 points.

Yesterday if that was Celtic playing Hibs, the officials would have had a Hibs player sent off and their equaliser chalked off just for starters

No guarantees, but they will be given every assistance to win games where we won’t

I agree

But if Killie can take points from them , then Hibs can too.

They're conceding and Hibs are scoring

Fingers crossed!

We are now behind last season where we failed and haven't played them yet. Frankly anyone posting undefeated and top of the league needs chased . We've had enough of these happy clapping posts that inevitably are missing when it turns to shit. Love to be wrong but it's three seasons in and the writing is on the wall.

There is a plethora of threads , that are more suited to your pessimistic outlook.

Not missing anything, posting facts ! We are top and undefeated.

Win our next three and we've ceased control. Fact.

Writing on the wall, in September? Get behind the team and the manager, rather than looking to throw in the towel when there's a bump in the road.

Where is the no surrender attitude? The doom and gloom boys are out in force on FF today!

We're top of the league, should win our next 2 league games then we're up against the great unwashed.

They are looking ropey at the back and could easily drop points against Hivs next week too.

But for a few Dodgy decisions today we'd had come away with 3 points.

They are not looking strong at the back, after we beat them, we'll be top on points rather than GD.

Tell awe the tims yea know.....
How would these fans feel if the club came out this morning and announced that they have conceded the league ?

Whatever happened to No surrender, keep on believing, the battle fevers on FFS.

How do you replace a manager in the real world by putting it in his contract that the expectation from the board and supporters is full points from every game is non negotiable irregardless of injuries or the strength of the opposition you are playing.

On top of that you need to also beat incompetent and corrupt officials and battle against a governing body that will put every obstacle in the way even before a ball is kicked. Oh and the media are one sided and every team you play will treat it as a cup final whilst meekly accepting a defeat from your main rivals.

There is a plethora of threads , that are more suited to your pessimistic outlook.

Not missing anything, posting facts ! We are top and undefeated.

Win our next three and we've ceased control. Fact.

Writing on the wall, in September? Get behind the team and the manager, rather than looking to throw in the towel when there's a bump in the road.

I admire your optimism and I am in no way giving up the league but David on H&H said it perfectly, results like yesterday are the reason we haven’t won anything the past few years. Plenty of opportunities, same as Livi and another 2 points thrown away.

Where is the no surrender attitude? The doom and gloom boys are out in force on FF today!

We're top of the league, should win our next 2 league games then we're up against the great unwashed.

They are looking ropey at the back and could easily drop points against Hivs next week too.

They are not looking strong at the back, after we beat them, we'll be top on points rather than GD.

It's been the same old shite for the last 2 n half years that's where the attitude etc has come from.

Generally there are lots of different reactions to results on here, and this is just one of them.

Win and play well - 55 is coming.

Win and don't play well - a win's a win, 3 points on the board, etc.

Don't win and play well - we're better than that, the points will come.

Don't win and don't play well - nuclear meltdown.

For what it's worth there are always people in camp number two who routinely post their concerns following a win and who are greeted with arguments along the line of, "how can you complain at a win, it's 3 points, etc." Yesterday showed why there are still lots of concerns to be had, even when we do win a game.

Folk are understandably disappointed with today's result but, yeah, things could be a lot worse for us.
Being disappointed is fair enough. We all are. But looking through the threads, the vitriol and bile directed at pretty much every aspect of the team when we draw a game, is frankly embarrassing.

If yer auntie had baws...

:rolleyes:

Generally there are lots of different reactions to results on here, and this is just one of them.

Win and play well - 55 is coming.

Win and don't play well - a win's a win, 3 points on the board, etc.

Don't win and play well - we're better than that, the points will come.

Don't win and don't play well - nuclear meltdown.

For what it's worth there are always people in camp number two who routinely post their concerns following a win and who are greeted with arguments along the line of, "how can you complain at a win, it's 3 points, etc." Yesterday showed why there are still lots of concerns to be had, even when we do win a game.

But we didn't win yesterday?

But we didn't win yesterday?

Sorry - wasn't clear enough - was reference to our previous wins this season. Having a go at guys concerned with our performances even when we do win makes results like yesterday's seem out of the blue, when in reality they're anything but.

Livi and now Hibs this team has shown they can't handle the pressure.

The fhilth win their game in hand they leap frog us.

Warning signs are very clear from today.
This time next week will be interesting. Could be fairly euphoric, esp if Hibs get a result, or it could be..................unbearable.

If we're top after playing them next month, I think we'll win the title.

They would still have a game in hand, but their next three league fixtures are:

• Sheep away (Sat 24th Oct)
  • Motherwell away (Fri 6th Nov)
  • Hibs away (Sat 21st Nov)

Whereas our next three after the derby are:

• Livingston home (Sat 24th Oct)
  • Kilmarnock away (Sat 31st Oct)
  • Hamilton home (Fri 6th Nov)

Note also that we play a league game v Kilmarnock on 31st Oct. Timmy are playing the Sheep in the cup that weekend, meaning we can extend our lead over them. Remember, games in hand are not automatic points. They still have to win those games to keep pace with us.

Then, of course, the next Old Firm is at Ibrox, possibly with spectators. That hands us the advantage.

Yesterday was a disappointment, but let's put it into perspective.

Sorry - wasn't clear enough - was reference to our previous wins this season. Having a go at guys concerned with our performances even when we do win makes results like yesterday's seem out of the blue, when in reality they're anything but.

I think a big part of that is that football is entertainment for a lot of people and a good way to escape from the bullsh!t of life in general.

Eventually there's a point where I would question what the point is if I am simply not enjoying it anymore.

A win feels like "meh".
A draw or defeat feels like the end of the world.

So as a supporter you are stuck waiting for a league title win before it's time to really enjoy this hobby/pastime/thing you are spending hundreds of pounds on.

So you've had a tough week and you settle in to watch Rangers vs Kilmarnock and it's a well won 2-0 victory and then you come on here and it's wall to wall moaning.

I think that's why people tend to react with things like "can't you just enjoy the victory".

If yer auntie had baws...

:rolleyes:

How , which part is untrue ?

Okay:

We're top by one point but they have a game in hand which they should win.

We should win our next two games but we should have beaten Livi and Hibs - but we didn't.

So given the amount of should haves, could haves and might be's then aye - if yer auntie had baws...

I don't think there is much prospect of the Bheasts playing their game in hand anytime soon - particularly if they qualify for Europa league.

Also the SC semi weekend will see us move another game ahead - we have Killie away.

My main concern is that we play first next Sunday after another tough away trip - against M'Well who just pumped the sheep 3-0.

The bheasts could be top with a game in hand by the end of next Sunday...

Note also that we play a league game v Kilmarnock on 31st Oct. Timmy are playing the Sheep in the cup that weekend, meaning we can extend our lead over them. Remember, games in hand are not automatic points. They still have to win those games to keep pace with us.

Then, of course, the next Old Firm is at Ibrox, possibly with spectators. That hands us the advantage.

Far too positive for in here mate,wont go down well tbh

Celtic are 4/7 to win the league

Some of the over reaction after the hibs result suggest Celtic are guarantees and should be 1/500.

Let’s see where we are come December. Bookies are very rarely wrong.

Same tripe shite talk as last year. I will wait for results to do the talking and the result is we are still not good enough. The first challenge of the season and it ended in failure.
I wouldn't say it was a failure,we'd have lost that game last year and I think we have to give the team some credit. When they went one behind l feared the worse but to come back and lead 2-1 says something about the resilience of the team and should've been further ahead to be honest. Our game management has to be far better.

We're always counting up how many points we will be ahead in the future. Earlier in the season it was "We will be 11 points clear by the time we play next" and last January "we have much easier fixtures to them coming up, 8 at home and only 5 away".

The fixture list could be anything. We are the favourites in every game outside them. Winners win and losers don't.

What's already completely clear already is that the top four will be us, Bheastly FC, the sheep and Hibs.

If we emerge from the first 11 fixtures only 2 points behind the scum (or 1 ahead of them), having played all three of those rivals AWAY from home in the first round of fixtures, we'll be in decent shape to build on through to the half way stage.

Of course, all this assumes we don't lose to the tramps in a few weeks time and win our other two matches before the scum.

What's already completely clear already is that the top four will be us, Bheastly FC, the sheep and Hibs.

If we emerge from the first 11 fixtures only 2 points behind the scum (or 1 ahead of them), having played all three of those rivals AWAY from home in the first round of fixtures, we'll be in decent shape to build on through to the half way stage.

Of course, all this assumes we don't lose to the tramps in a few weeks time and win our other two matches before the scum.

As mentioned above - we could stay one game played more than them until next year.

Before this game started I had a bad feeling about it. Celtic top of the league, rangers got the chance to apply pressure and take the advantage. This movie has played over and over again over last few years. There is a severe lack of bottle in these players and their focus drifts. The can never capitalise and keep the boot of celtics neck. Instead we have people like our captain who loves to provide comment in the press and over social media when the goings good, yet says “I had an off day” (laughable), when his own individual display is a well below par. Surely all effort should be piled into 90 Mins of pure concentration instead. The script written long ago was pretty accurate again yesterday. Sure the officials seem to be against us but we don’t make it any better by turning up. The fucking Tim’s will now sandwich in their outstanding fixture sometime soon and bang, we’re 2 points behind. I don’t enjoy writing or feeling this about my team, but it’s what’s been served up to us time and again.

Heard all this before, I can remember last season after Parkhead fans had us winning next 7/8 games with Celtic dropping points left, right and centre but quells surprise we dropped points against Hearts, St J and Hamilton

The mentality of this squad is getting questioned and quite rightly so. Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if we drop points in one of the 3 games you’ve mentioned, never mind the fact it’s conceivable we could be going into Celtic game with possibility of going 5 points behind

Knowing they have that game in hand is a real bastard. Hoping Hibs can do a number on them next weekend, but the problem is if every challenge they committed yesterday were to be committed next week they'd end the match with 8 men.

The scum score an offside goal, and Hibs score an offside goal. Take them away and that's a swing of 4 points in one weekend, and people are saying we're 5 points ahead rather than 2 points behind with their game in hand still to come. Hopefully we've got decent psychology work going on behind the scenes because the season is going to be long and arduous and we must react well to bumps in the road.

We've played nine games this season. Seven wins, two draws. Eight clean sheets. 22 goals scored, 2 conceded. On paper that is championship winning form in any competition. I was as pissed off as the rest yesterday but I don't believe now is the time for major reactions - it's time for cool heads, to properly analyse what went wrong yesterday and make sure those things don't happen again.

Okay:

We're top by one point but they have a game in hand which they should win.

We should win our next two games but we should have beaten Livi and Hibs - but we didn't.

So given the amount of should haves, could haves and might be's then aye - if yer auntie had baws...

Taking all the 'shoulds' out, still top of the league and undefeated.

Back