Lille reportedly offer €20 million

Wade Wilson

EDIT: should probably have Morelos in the headline but I assume we knew that :))

---------

LILLE have made a fresh £18.3million bid for Alfredo Morelos, according to reports.

The French side have previously had an offer of around £16m rejected by Rangers.

They turned their attention to Genk ace Jonathan David and secured a £27.5m bid deal for the Canadian international.

But they have not yet given up hope of landing Morelos ahead of next months' transfer deadline and have reportedly made a fresh move for the Colombian.

WinSportsTV reporter Pipe Sierra claims Lille have offered Gers just over £18m and says the offer has not yet been rejected.

Morelos had reportedly agreed personal terms with the Ligue 1 side before seeing a previous bid rejected and could now move on before the end of the window.

-----------------

Rhebel and the Sun reporting it

LILLE have made a fresh £18.3million bid for Alfredo Morelos, according to reports.

The French side have previously had an offer of around £16m rejected by Rangers.

They turned their attention to Genk ace Jonathan David and secured a £27.5m bid deal for the Canadian international.

But they have not yet given up hope of landing Morelos ahead of next months' transfer deadline and have reportedly made a fresh move for the Colombian.

WinSportsTV reporter Pipe Sierra claims Lille have offered Gers just over £18m and says the offer has not yet been rejected.

Morelos had reportedly agreed personal terms with the Ligue 1 side before seeing a previous bid rejected and could now move on before the end of the window.

-----------------

Rhebel and the Sun reporting it

Sure the same guy said weeks ago a deal was done.

If we were that close to agreeing a deal he wouldn’t have played yesterday.

If his sale means bringing in couple of quality midfielders/attackers then so be it.

His goal aside he didnt do a great deal on sunday and picked up yet another booking for dissent which if he carrys on like that the suspensions will follow.

A couple of quality players must replace him as we are light in midfield still.

Current circumstances we should but with Roofe, Itten & Defoe I think that's our lot.

Think any fee will be spent on a central midfielder.
A well kent face on here had said that there was a striker earmarked for when he left. This was after Roofe and Itten were signed.

Roofe will probably play more from the right when fit.

A well kent face on here had said that there was a striker earmarked for when he left. This was after Roofe and Itten were signed.

Roofe will probably play more from the right when fit.
I hope you’re right. Roofe has historical fitness issues which we can't bank on and Itten is more one for the future in my eyes.

If we get to a stage we're relying on Defoe for regular goals it'll be time to bury my head in the sand.

I know he scored yesterday but one of the reasons I enjoyed our play so much against Dundee Utd was not having to watch his body language sulking through games.
I acknowledge he didn’t do that during recent games up till yesterday but it is never far away.

I think we should sell him, move on and invest what we can in (hopefully) a couple of players

I love the guy, but we all know him well enough by now that he's going to cost us in some way this season, either by getting himself sent off or losing interest for a spell. Best of luck to him and I suspect his career will either go stratospheric or be somewhere in the middle.

Get it done FFS. Its went on long enough. He wants to go and we will have 17/18 x our cash. Great business for the club. Move on and get our next targets signed. Thanks for the memories Alfredo and a lot of great goals.

Roofe's injury would be a worry, but if you're spending the guts of £8million on 2 forwards then you need to trust them to score goals. There's an urgent need for a first choice game changing midfielder and a right sided attacker. 1 player out, 2 first team starters in would be good business if it gives us a better balanced first choice team.

We tried to be clever and replace him before hes gone, one of those players looks out of his depth, the other already missing games due to injuries hes suffered in past

If Morelos goes we still need 2 strikers in and 2 midfielders

2 quality players (a decisive mid, another striker/right sided attacker) around the 4m mark each + wages, pocket the rest.

Yes, I'm aware its not Football Manager, but that's what we should do.

If true, the offer will be accepted, we move on , strengthen the midfield one more striker. We have to get the signings 100% right this time.

2 weeks left of transfer window to get a player in to hit ground running. Roofe is injured and Itten hasnt et shown his quality. A huge gamble on the title if to ask me. Give it til November and folk on here will slate Gerrad and board for selling Alfie and scuppering 55

I'm a bit torn on this now. I was in the "use the money to reinvest" camp, but given where we are in the season, I'm not sure if cashing in now would be the right thing to do.

Having said that if it's 20m euros on the table right enough, then that's difficult to turn down.

If Morelos did move on then I would expect another striker to come in? I'm not too confident being left with just Defoe, Roofe and Itten - which is a bit ridiculous but there you are - and on top of that we still need a midfielder (or two) and probably a right sided attacker.

I'm not sure we will get all of that in this window, and we still have guys we need to move on as well.

Catch 22

Money could be reinvested in midfielders which is badly needed.

However does anyone seriously fancy any of our strikers to hit 20+ goals this season?. That would mean we would need another striker also, with no guarantee he will register Alfies numbers.

It’s a tough situation, perhaps Alfie leaving would see more team cohesion and stop players passing the buck to the striker.

This saga defines our season for me, I’m struggling to come to a conclusion. I think he will be gone though.

2 weeks left of transfer window to get a player in to hit ground running. Roofe is injured and Itten hasnt et shown his quality. A huge gamble on the title if to ask me. Give it til November and folk on here will slate Gerrad and board for selling Alfie and scuppering 55

The thing is we have told Alfie that if we get offered Dembele money he can leave and now we are, no way do we want an unhappy morelos, thats no use to us at all.

I would take that sort of money.

He's not going to get a fair crack from refs this season and with the provocation from some of the Hibs players yesterday, its only a matter of time before he reacts and ends up suspended .

I’d sell and and get some genuine quality in the middle of the park.

On his day Morelos is a fantastic player, fact is, for various reasons, he’s not his day a lot of the time and for large chunks of the season.

Back